Info For Artist Alley Reg

Started by imoto, February 10, 2010, 08:45:48 AM

phr34kish

I've got a question for notification of when the dates will be up... I know a lot of the normal announcements get routed through the main page and the twitter account. Will the AA announcement be made through these venues as well? That would certainly help with the notification period, because you can have twitter route directly to your phone. With a text message even so you don't need an internet data plan.

Just a thought. That way people away from the computer can still get notified?

ewu

We will make a strong effort to send out notifications through every medium we have possible as early as possible. I am unaware of any text messaging capability. The fastest is through this forum or the mailing list. Then it will come up on FB and twitter. Finally, the main website. Because different elements for Fanime control these outlets, the speed may differ.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Althena

Is there a facebook for the 2011 Fanime Artist Alley? It was very helpful last year.
here lies everything...the world I wanted at my feet... my victory's complete...

VocaloidHaine

Will there possibly be internet connection at the convention? *In case artists might have to search up character ref or something?*

geekyglamorous

Quote from: Sneath on March 18, 2011, 03:54:09 PM:edit: the info in your transaction history should be the same as the email they sent you, so its not all lost :)

Don't know why I didn't notice the item # my first time checking, found it! Thanks for the assistance. :)
☆☆Mandie A.K.A. Geeky Glamorous☆☆
http://www.geekyglamorous.com

Kyra_Maverick

Quote from: VocaloidHaine on March 20, 2011, 02:57:43 PM
Will there possibly be internet connection at the convention? *In case artists might have to search up character ref or something?*
In the past there has been wi-fi available, but I cant remember if you can actually access it in the Artist Alley.

jAded

Quote from: VocaloidHaine on March 20, 2011, 02:57:43 PM
You have to pay for it. I couldn't access it last year when I had my laptop.

My best advice for you is to print out a lot popular character refs, and then hope people bring their own references. People who want commissions have gotten a lot better with bringing their own refs to conventions.

Sneath

The table next to me last year had his phone with internet on it and was doing it that way. other than that, good luck.

ewu

IIRC, there was free wifi on the concourse, but it did not punch through into the exhibit halls......concrete and steel dungeons....

A little E+M physics for you, curse that rebar.....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_cage
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Ren_Zhao

Hi everyone! Please note the following updates to the FAQ: things you can and can't sell, the Alley hours, table rates, and there is now a maximum allotment of 8 tables per group instead of 10. We are now finalizing everything, so stay tuned for registration news! (:
Kio
FanimeCon Artist Alley Staff 2011
Anime Expo LPTS Staff 2011
--
Fanimaid Cafe Maid 2011
Cafe Kintoki Maid/Host, Co-Manager 2011

Ren_Zhao

You asked for it...and here it is! I just created the new AA 2011 Facebook group. :D
Kio
--
Fanimaid Cafe Maid 2011

Chandra

Do you know how many full tables there are in the AA? I think we're all curious based on how many people are inquiring about it.

ewu

For all those that have been anxiously waiting...

Please expect Artist Alley Registration to go live Friday 3/25 at or around Noon.

Any questions can be directed to artalleyATfanimeDOTcom
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

rosaleendhu

Do you know where the link for registration will be posted?

Hachimitsu

Quote from: misosoupaddict on March 20, 2011, 02:02:21 AM
How will we be notified? Some have said to keep checking this topic, others have mentioned the AA mailing list. (And every year i'm always paranoid my email may have been dropped off that list...)

I really REALLY think we should have the two- (or even one-) week notice as planned. Some of us have lives, jobs, and/or unreliable internet connections, and can't get on every day to check. 3 days is just too short. 1 day is ridiculous and insensitive. A week, even 5 days' notice would be perfect, and what's it gonna kill? I think i remember last year it went online with a too short notice, and loads of people were rabidly mad. *shudder*

I think it is best to check your mail every often now. (double check your spam and your inbox, but also email them back and check if they have you on active records, because last time one of my friends was put in the waiting list because AAA failed to respond cooperately with 14 users. At the same time, the 14 users also complained back about the system so it was a big tragic mess (in 2009).

Be aware that there are certain staff (treasurey department - con ops - another department i never heard of) are working into this together first before artist alley and Swap meet.

question to mui: "uhm are you using godaddy.com ?" the Swapmeet had issues with the server and I was wondereing if thats going to happen as well?

Second question to mui: is it okay to add a SECOND email account just incase if the first one would'nt make it? I really am concern about failed notifications!

jAded

Will table registration be separate from regular registration? I know that there's not a combined purchase option, obviously.

Here are my questions: Do we need to log in to our account that we purchased our registration with in order to purchase an AA table?
Or are we going to need to register for a different account in order to register for the AA tables? (I know we will need our badge number in order to register for a table).

Althena

here lies everything...the world I wanted at my feet... my victory's complete...

Ren_Zhao

Quote from: jAded on March 23, 2011, 05:22:37 PM
Will table registration be separate from regular registration? I know that there's not a combined purchase option, obviously.

Here are my questions: Do we need to log in to our account that we purchased our registration with in order to purchase an AA table?
Or are we going to need to register for a different account in order to register for the AA tables? (I know we will need our badge number in order to register for a table).

To purchase an AA table, you will need to create a separate account to provide information about your group, or just yourself if you're a single artist. The account for purchasing registration for FanimeCon is different from the account you will create for AA registration.
Kio
--
Fanimaid Cafe Maid 2011

Ren_Zhao

Quote from: rosaleendhu on March 23, 2011, 04:28:02 PM
Do you know where the link for registration will be posted?

When we know it, the link for registration will be posted on the main site, here on the forums, on the AA Facebook group page, and likely also on Twitter.
Kio
--
Fanimaid Cafe Maid 2011

ancatsidhe

Let's hear it for the AA team!

I've been following the thread actively and I think that I have a question that has not been covered yet.

I know that I will be part of a group. We have already determined a group leader. It has been my understanding thus far that the group leader is not expected to pay for all of the tables that they are requesting on behalf of the group, but that the artist members of that group must register for AA and pay for their own table.

This is the quote from the note that was posted on the Facebook Artist Alley Page:

"Artists will be able to open an account providing information about their groups.  A group of artists won't need every member to sign up; you just need a designated 'primary artist' to open the account. (If you're a single artist, you're the primary artist already :)"

That said, will group registration be happening in a similar manner as it did last year, where the group leader would register their group in an account as stated above (instead of having to send an email to AA as we did last year) and designate which artists would be a member of that group while the 'secondary' artists sign up and pay for their own tables under the umbrella of that group? Or is the group leader now going to be responsible for the purchase of all desired tables (presumably with the understanding that the members of the group would reimburse them)? It says that not every member of a group needs to sign up, but will there be a way of checking into the group account to confirm that an artist who is listed is, in fact, a member of the group?

Any help or clarification that anyone might be able to provide would be appreciated!
Daijoubu.  Kitto Ok.