Info For Artist Alley Reg

Started by imoto, February 10, 2010, 08:45:48 AM

Mistiousstar

Quote from: ewu on April 08, 2011, 03:06:20 PM
6 of the 28 groups have currently been approved. We have approved about 30% of the accounts. More than 60% of the tables are still available.

Please check your name and email to make sure they match the account number you are submitting.

Oh this is a relief *phew
I do wonder how many table is availible at AA?

videogirlc

Quote from: catnapcaps on April 08, 2011, 09:59:41 PM
Quote from: videogirlc on April 08, 2011, 09:23:17 PM
Quote from: terri on April 08, 2011, 09:20:44 PM
What a nOOb. Okay, I figured out step 5. I didn't completely finish registering yet so I didn't have a badge number. I'm good now. And super excited too!  :D

Care to tell me your secret becasue I am still having problems.

are you using the badge # in your badge registration account or the one on the paypal receipt? I was using the item # on the paypal receipt and that's what was wrong when I was getting the error. You're supposed to use the badge ID # in your fanime account.

Yup that was it. Thank you very much.  ;)

megamoth

Okay so I think I've figured out my problem with step 5... although I dunno what to do about it. I am registered for the artist alley with my name including the middle initial, although my pre-reg account is my name without the middle initial. How do I fix this?

Althena

These might have been answered already, not sure...

If I don't have my Permit right at this moment will this effect when I get the seating chart, or where I will be placed seating wise? (Not sure if we are still getting the chance to choose where we sit). I have already paid for the table.

Like a complete idiot, I neglected to put my helper down. ;-; how can I add him? Or is this something that I will have to do at convention instead? I'm hoping not, because I don't want to hold up any line stuff.
here lies everything...the world I wanted at my feet... my victory's complete...

Chandra

Just like most of us I'm anxiously waiting for approval. This is going to be my first time (if I get approved *Crosses fingers*) to doing something like this and I want to make a great impression! So last year I've saw some people using some kind of clamp with a rod and builing this frame with piping. One person told me they bought it at Home Depot but I haven't had any luck finding such a thing. It's a great way to get your art up high to draw attention. Can anyone "HELP" me in finding what I'm searching for? The name of it or a place where to buy it.

Kyra_Maverick

Quote from: Chandra on April 09, 2011, 02:45:16 PM
Just like most of us I'm anxiously waiting for approval. This is going to be my first time (if I get approved *Crosses fingers*) to doing something like this and I want to make a great impression! So last year I've saw some people using some kind of clamp with a rod and builing this frame with piping. One person told me they bought it at Home Depot but I haven't had any luck finding such a thing. It's a great way to get your art up high to draw attention. Can anyone "HELP" me in finding what I'm searching for? The name of it or a place where to buy it.
They were probably using a bar clamp and some PCV to build a frame. You can buy both of those at hardware stores like Home Depot and Lowe's. You'll have to measure and cut the PVC to length for the frame you want to build. As far as I know there aren't any sort of kits, just ingenuity and imagination.   

Ren_Zhao

@Chandra Since you double-posted your question to another thread, I'm going to double-post my answer as well. Maybe it can help someone here too, haha.

Quote from: Ren_Zhao on April 09, 2011, 03:08:36 PM
Quote from: Chandra on April 09, 2011, 02:47:11 PM
This is going to be my first time too (if I get approved *Crosses fingers*) to doing something like this and I want to make a great impression! So last year I've saw some people using some kind of clamp with a rod and builing this frame with piping. One person told me they bought it at Home Depot but I haven't had any luck finding such a thing. It's a great way to get your art up high to draw attention. Can anyone "HELP" me in finding what I'm searching for? The name of it or a place where to buy it.

Most people I know (myself included) uses these. http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100011109/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053 :) I'm not exactly sure about the size (mini or regular? or if you want 4.5 inch or 6 inch but if I remember correctly, the mini size fits well into 1" piping.) Piping and connectors (for the frame's corners) can be easily found at home depot for cheap.
Kio
FanimeCon Artist Alley Staff 2011
Anime Expo LPTS Staff 2011
--
Fanimaid Cafe Maid 2011
Cafe Kintoki Maid/Host, Co-Manager 2011

phr34kish

They're also used in carpentry when securing wood via glue or to hold them together for use on a table saw. They come in all kinds, but if you want to support a table display, you may want to look into getting the heavier metal ones, and not just the plastic. You don't want the rail to snap off mid con. :)

Chandra

Thank you so much /HUGS! This is exactly what I'm looking for!!!

Zully

Quote from: Althena on April 09, 2011, 08:50:14 AM
These might have been answered already, not sure...

If I don't have my Permit right at this moment will this effect when I get the seating chart, or where I will be placed seating wise? (Not sure if we are still getting the chance to choose where we sit). I have already paid for the table.

This is my situation as well! I'm still waiting for my seller's permit. I was accepted, paid for my table-- I'm hoping this means I'm in!

Oniko

I have secured my table and am in the process of finishing up all the last steps.  I'm holding off on completing though because I need to add one more artist to our group (didnt have her info at the time) I also need to add a few helpers (Wasnt given their info ahead of time either).  Should I still wait for my e-mail about this to be answered or would it be better to finish up and add them at the actual day of Fanime?
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

tomatoes

Quote from: misosoupaddict on April 08, 2011, 03:37:10 PM

Also, i want to clarify, is art from our own studio ok, some of which is from a couple friends who are not behind my table (too crowded)? Are me and my friend allowed to have art from our other friends who are in the same studio? I think so, right? *lack of sleep*

I have a similar situation, so bumping this question!
I just want to make sure that this complies with the 2 artist per table rule? My friend who I'm sharing a table with kinda has a studio thing as well (she is registered and has a permit.) She has a friend that she collaborates with on some art, which they're planning to have sold..they're pretty much one "entity" and sharing a permit. So we're thinking of filing that friend as our helper. The set up is me (my own permit) + friend (collaborative, 1 permit). I'm just hoping this doesn't  go against the rules,..there's 2 main artists, and one helper/in-and-out artist-type.

Niaro

I registered for artist alley like the day before yesterday D: I hope I did it right, I really wouldn't want to miss out.

nionio

Quote from: Niaro on April 10, 2011, 04:27:50 PM
I registered for artist alley like the day before yesterday D: I hope I did it right, I really wouldn't want to miss out.

Ohhh I didnt know you were going to fanime too niaro D8

Junosama

Hey guys :D

So I'm one of the unfortunate few who had some discrepancies between AA reg and Fanime pre-reg information, so I can't get past stage 5's "registration not found" error. Did anyone else who have this problem get theirs resolved? I'm dying a little bit inside with each passing day where I don't finish stage 5.... DX

I do sincerely apologize to the Fanime staff for the inconvenience too T^T

ewu

log in to your reg account and ensure that the information between the two are the same. The badge number must be in the form of FXXXXX and you name and email must match.

Feel free to email us if you have any questions.

Thanks!
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Junosama

@Ewu: Thanks so much for your prompt response :O

Unfortunately, I'm in somewhat of a strange predicament. One artist registered with part of her full name for her pre-reg and I registered her with her full name for the AA reg, so I know that's causing one error. The other person I'm having issues with registered with a different email for her Fanime pre-reg than the email I registered her with for the AA reg. I have both of their correct badge numbers but I can't change any of their previous Fanime pre-reg information so I still get the "registration not found error" for both of them. Basically, I can't find a way to change anything that would make them match.

Is there anything else I can do? I did send an email already to artistalleyATfanimeDOTcom, which has more detailed information.

ewu

1) registration must have the full and legal name, please email registrationATfanimeDOTcom to get that resolved.

2) AA, in addition to approving many applications is also fielding about 15 emails a day. I am impressed by their efficiency and I hope that they will get to your email soon.

Thanks!
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

WhiteTreeFox

Another quick question, thanks for all the staff still working so hard <3

On step 6, I have my friend registered as an artist but we are filed under the same permit. Should I use the "HELPER" code for her? She's mostly going to be there to handle money and sales. In the FAQ I know it says that we can share a permit because we are under the same "Company" so I'm guessing it'd be ok to use the helper status for her?

Thanks again as always. :)

Niaro

Quote from: nionio on April 11, 2011, 12:31:14 AM
Quote from: Niaro on April 10, 2011, 04:27:50 PM

Ohhh I didnt know you were going to fanime too niaro D8

I definitely am! only hoping I wasn't too late for the tables but it all must be so hard to manage LOL