Info For Artist Alley Reg

Started by imoto, February 10, 2010, 08:45:48 AM

Azu_Chan

I'm thinking they might be looking over the profile on the winners cuz I haven't gotten any email that says I lost or won ^_^;;;

darkkako

Guys, I don't think they've even had the lottery yet.
Quote from: sysadmin* This lottery draw probably won't happen until after all those negotiations are complete, so you'll have to be patient.

That was posted two days ago. I realise you're anxious about getting a table but don't get ahead of yourselves.

geekyglamorous

Quote from: SukebeStudios on April 16, 2011, 02:25:33 AM
Quote from: SukebeStudios on April 15, 2011, 11:28:28 PM
Quote from: Mistiousstar on April 15, 2011, 10:16:05 PM
Quote from: VocaloidHaine on April 15, 2011, 10:06:14 PM
Quote from: geekyglamorous on April 15, 2011, 11:42:59 AM
Are those of us who are being entered in the lottery being a sent an email stating this? My friend I (applied together) never got an email confirming our AA registration or being put in a lottery. I just want to be sure we have a chance at the lottery. Thanks for any help~

Nevermind, we received a email! Thanks!
Oh snaps really!? I totally did not get any email at all about rejections,approval, or being entered into the lottery...:/ The only email I ever received from AA was verifying & activating my account..

By email do you mean the one sent out from the AA mailing list? Or is this, a different email, If so I did not recieve one!!!!

Yeah, I was never informed if I'm to be entered into the lottery or not. It WOULD be better to know that as soon as the info is known.

Just FYI...this is NOT a notice of being in the lottery.
"
The Artist Alley sign up site has closed for the season! We've sold all of our tables, and we are full!

Thank you for your interest in Artist Alley!
"
That's the notice when I checked my account status. I didn't see any message telling me I was in the lottery, so as far as I can tell I'm not. Who chooses who gets to be put in the lottery then?

We only got an email stating we were in the lottery because we sent Fanime AA an email asking if we were placed in the lottery. I do not recommend everyone do this as I'm sure they have enough emails to go through as it is. I'm sorry if I lead anyone to believe there was an "official lottery" email sent out.
☆☆Mandie A.K.A. Geeky Glamorous☆☆
http://www.geekyglamorous.com

SukebeStudios

Finally, an email notice.

"
Greetings Artists,

You are receiving this email because you registered for a table at FanimeCon Artist Alley 2011. It has come to our attention that not everyone may have received the email we are copying below. As an update the lottery is now complete and those accounts will be approved over the next couple days and will be notified by e-mail. We will also be notifying those that did not receive a table by e-mail.

Please note electricity is not available in Artist Alley this year.

Sincerely,
AA Staff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings All,

We want first to express our thanks for the patience of all the artists as we work our way through the registration process. We received an enormous response to the Artist Alley registration. Unfortunately, there were many more requests for tables than tables available. We have managed to reorganize our original floor plan to increase the total number of tables and yet this still isn't enough to meet all of the requests we've received.

To be as fair as possible, we have decided to approve tables on the current "first come-first serve" basis up to the amount of tables we had originally designated. For the additional tables we were able to gain through the reorganization, we will be allotting them by random lottery from the remaining pool of artists so that everyone has a chance at getting a table. The lottery will simply be a random draw and not a jury system.

To all those who are asking, "When Will We Know?!?":  we have approved all the first come-first serve pool of tables. If you haven't either received an approval or an email asking clarification from us, you are eligible for the lottery.

The lottery will be run on the 16th when Alley registration is closed. The final block of tables will be approved shortly thereafter.

Sincerely,
Marc & Bree
FanimeCon 2011 Artist Alley
"

Did anyone else get the same email above that I did?

Kimba616

Quote from: SukebeStudios on April 17, 2011, 09:26:10 PM

Yes, because they sent it to everyone on the mailing list/everyone who registered for a table, as the first paragraph states.

SukebeStudios

Quote from: Kimba616 on April 17, 2011, 09:31:51 PM
Quote from: SukebeStudios on April 17, 2011, 09:26:10 PM

Yes, because they sent it to everyone on the mailing list/everyone who registered for a table, as the first paragraph states.

Was just asking a question, no need to be smart.

Kimba616

Quote from: SukebeStudios on April 17, 2011, 09:40:09 PM

I apologize for how I came/am coming off but the question had an obvious answer.  :[

SukebeStudios

Quote from: Kimba616 on April 17, 2011, 10:12:04 PM
Quote from: SukebeStudios on April 17, 2011, 09:40:09 PM

I apologize for how I came/am coming off but the question had an obvious answer.  :[

The reason I posted the email was so that I can show finally that they are giving information to everybody. So less people would be having an excuse to be mad at the AA staff.

Kimba616

Quote from: SukebeStudios on April 17, 2011, 10:14:48 PM
The reason I posted the email was so that I can show finally that they are giving information to everybody. So less people would be having an excuse to be mad at the AA staff.

Yes, but they all should have received the email as well. And someone already posted the copied email in the one you did a day or two ago.

princeofrose

Just to tell gmail users that fanime mail comes under spam unless you change it...I don't know how though however I found that e-mail in my spam folder XD

yojambo

Quote from: princeofrose on April 18, 2011, 02:56:48 AM
Just to tell gmail users that fanime mail comes under spam unless you change it...I don't know how though however I found that e-mail in my spam folder XD

Right, sometimes emails sent in mass will be put into a spam folder. So it is always a good idea to check when going through your email. Not everyone thinks of that. (like myself >_<)

princeofrose

Yeah...I hope we get our e-mails soon-I have to ship mine to Taiwan to print and it'll take over 3 weeks to get here :<

Kimba616

Someone on the facebook group says they've already received confirmation of winning one of the lottery spots. So that means people should know soon whether they got a table or not.

chobitsfan

sooo the front page of fanime.com says that AA is now full.... Haven't gotten an email, does that mean we aren't in?

Kimba616

Quote from: chobitsfan on April 20, 2011, 11:59:47 PM
sooo the front page of fanime.com says that AA is now full.... Haven't gotten an email, does that mean we aren't in?

Yep. :[ Check your junk email to make sure it didn't get sent there by accident, but unless you received some kind of email from the staff then, no, you didn't get a table.  :-\ But hey, there's always next year, right?

princeofrose

So they won't even send a message saying if you didn't get accepted? :O
I would assume it'd be nicer if they did-so I can just stop thinking about it and know that I'll have to wait till next year =__=;;;

Zully

I have a question that's not related to the lottery! :) I completed all my paperwork, was accepted into the AA and was just wondering when we should expect table assignments? I think I got a notice when I signed up, something like "You should be receiving an email shortly with seating information," but I'm not sure I ever got that email.

phr34kish

As far as I know, they haven't begun seating arrangements yet. It's a lot of the "Hurry up, then wait" game, I'm finding. But I'm sure we'll be notified soon. :)

Ren_Zhao

ATTENTION ARTISTS: You have until May 15th to pay for your table(s).
Kio
FanimeCon Artist Alley Staff 2011
Anime Expo LPTS Staff 2011
--
Fanimaid Cafe Maid 2011
Cafe Kintoki Maid/Host, Co-Manager 2011

Azu_Chan

just a wonder what if some people are unable pay or go by the due day do those table go to the next person or lottery again? or nothing happens and get left empty?