Is there any way to add a day to Fanime eventually?

Started by Yuki Valentine, February 12, 2010, 03:27:13 PM

ewu

There's an empty plot of land when Marine World used to be in Redwood City. There's a reason why Ralson Ave. is Marine Pkwy. on the other side....

Here are the expanded activities available in light of this thread:
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,13411.msg359471.html#msg359471
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Pimpstress Rei

Just to give further idea of how much fun staffing is, and how worthy I feel it is of my time, about 40-50% of the people who attended our wedding were FanimeCon staffers. In fact, Milton who is the Director of Marketing was one of my bridesmen. Yes you read that right, he was a bridesman.

I understand that another day of FanimeCon would be awesome as an attendee, but if that isn't enough for you, I would second or third you joining staff. It really is a whole different experience and one I wouldn't trade for the world.
Marie F.
Vice-Chair 2009-2011
Assistant Director of Marketing 2008
Publications Manager 2006, 2007
Con Mom forever o.O

Kyra_Maverick

Quote from: Pimpstress Rei on February 16, 2010, 09:02:05 PM
... I would second or third you joining staff. It really is a whole different experience and one I wouldn't trade for the world.
This is really unfair to those of us who would love to join staff but live several hours away...

Angelx624

If you count Thursday, then it's already 5 days. XD Two half days and three full. =P So why add another?

I really, really want to go on Thursday. So then I won't have to wait in line on Friday, and so I can get to know Fanime and stuff. XD
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka

Pimpstress Rei

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on February 16, 2010, 10:31:44 PM
Quote from: Pimpstress Rei on February 16, 2010, 09:02:05 PM
... I would second or third you joining staff. It really is a whole different experience and one I wouldn't trade for the world.
This is really unfair to those of us who would love to join staff but live several hours away...

It is doable, we do have staff who live just as far away. The thing is, how determined are you to get the information on a department you'd like to join on your own? And are you committed enough to show up at the con without meeting your department head/mates and putting that enthusiasm into your work?
Marie F.
Vice-Chair 2009-2011
Assistant Director of Marketing 2008
Publications Manager 2006, 2007
Con Mom forever o.O

Junon

I always thought it would be fun to have a Fanime every 6 months. One in Spring, one in Fall. Not too hot, not too cold, not too dry and not too wet.

Jerry

Quote from: Junon on February 18, 2010, 01:53:17 PM
I always thought it would be fun to have a Fanime every 6 months. One in Spring, one in Fall. Not too hot, not too cold, not too dry and not too wet.

someone brought this idea up too once upon a time...
as nice as nice a concept this would be--- its just something I doubt Fanime could do at this point in time.

Til then you have Sac-Anime which does have 2 conventions [Winter and Summer] a year.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Kyra_Maverick

Quote from: Pimpstress Rei on February 17, 2010, 11:18:41 AM
Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on February 16, 2010, 10:31:44 PM

It is doable, we do have staff who live just as far away. The thing is, how determined are you to get the information on a department you'd like to join on your own? And are you committed enough to show up at the con without meeting your department head/mates and putting that enthusiasm into your work?
Asking if my dedication would last the whole time working by myself? I would like to think so, but that's something that's easy to say. It would definitely wane over time. I figure the group effort is all part of the experience, and with that pushed to the side it would be easy to lose sight of the goal.

michiko nakano

Kyra, I'm pretty sure that if you weren't able to make it to the meetings and just helped at the con, your help would still be much appreciated :)

and if you think about it, fanime started out as a one day con according to an earlier post, and now it's a five day con with all sorts of awesome fancy events, so i'm sure that *eventually* (ten more years maybe?) it will have grown enough to do something like add a day or something.  but for now, it's not possible.

Touya no Miko

I don't think adding an extra full day is possible. Memorial day weekend is the best time to have the con, because most people get a day off on Monday. After that, everyone goes back to work or school, so no one would really be attending that extra day. It just be a waste of money.
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

Angelx624

Quote from: Jerry on February 18, 2010, 01:59:01 PM
Quote from: Junon on February 18, 2010, 01:53:17 PM

someone brought this idea up too once upon a time...
as nice as nice a concept this would be--- its just something I doubt Fanime could do at this point in time.

Til then you have Sac-Anime which does have 2 conventions [Winter and Summer] a year.

Yup. ^^ Sac-Anime is a wonderful con. :D And with the new location and all........ :)
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka