Musicfest Questions

Started by ongaku, February 15, 2010, 12:37:10 PM

ongaku

Hi,
I'm completely new to all of this. I'm thinking about going, and I really want to see LM.C this year and I had some questions about how musicfest works. What time does the band usually play? Like, is it later in the evening? And how early do people usually show up for it? For example, if you wanted to be up in the front will you have to wait in line for hours.

Also, I saw that there'll be an autograph session the next day. Will that be limited to so many people? Sorry if these are stupid questions. I'm just trying to find out what I can about it. Thank you!

jemz

Hi Ongaku,

Those are completely valid questions.

Right now, the exact schedule for LM.C's concert has not been released yet. We will announce their schedule and any restrictions once we have everything confirmed.

Usually, the band will play in the evening. So if you want to be one of the first ones up front, you may want to talk to other concert-goers to see what time they are lining up. But don't line up too early! We don't want you to miss all the other cool things happening around the convention.

HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

Anime-Holic

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm new to this too and I also have a few questions about Musicfest.

1. Is it a part of the convention / where is it going to be held?
2. Does it cost extra to attend, and if so how and where can I get tickets?
3. Is there any sort of dress code or items we're not allowed to bring?
4. Is LM.C the only band playing?

Sorry if that seems like a lot of questions, and thanks in advance for all your help!

Kyra_Maverick

Musicfest will probably be held Sunday afternoon/evening across the street from the convention center in the Civic Auditorium.

Tickets were required for An Cafe but they were provided free with con registration. There was a separate line for concert and autograph tickets. I imagine something similar will happen this year, but it's still pretty early for assumptions.

I don't recall any sort of dress code but there are items that are restricted. It's going to be crowded so you have to consider other people. Water bottles usually aren't allowed and open toed shoes would not be a good idea.

No other bands have been announced yet, but there will likely be several smaller bands playing also.

jemz

Quote from: Anime-Holic on February 16, 2010, 04:11:11 PM
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm new to this too and I also have a few questions about Musicfest.

Sorry if that seems like a lot of questions, and thanks in advance for all your help!

1. MusicFest is one of the events held by FanimeCon and is definitely part of the convention. This year, MusicFest will be held in the Civic Auditorium which is across the street from the San Jose Convention Center.

2. MusicFest is a badged event, meaning that if you buy a badge at FanimeCon 2010, you can attend MusicFest for free.

3. There is a general dress code for the convention such as shoes are mandatory. There are rules of conduct as well as Safety rules that our awesome Rovers team puts up. Please read the rules when they get posted or in the program guide. Also, food or drinks are not allowed in the Civic Auditorium.

4. Currently, only LM.C is confirmed to play at MusicFest. Keep checking back for any future announcements we might have on future guests.

HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

Jerry

Quote from: jemz on February 15, 2010, 01:26:23 PM
Hi Ongaku,

Usually, the band will play in the evening. So if you want to be one of the first ones up front, you may want to talk to other concert-goers to see what time they are lining up. But don't line up too early! We don't want you to miss all the other cool things happening around the convention.

*** This is True!!! -> Please do not line up excessively early!

once the performance time is semi - nailed down. We suggest that you line up no more than 1 hour before the scheduled event--- [some hard core fans line up much much much earlier than this] but Fanime Staff recommends that you you line up within reason and to the safety of yourselves and your health allows. :)

*** also remember the the venue is VERY large and everyone will get in... being as close as possible to the stage is a different quest all together--- but not worth getting trampled or moshed into serious injuries - so again SAFETY FIRST PLEASE! :D

Also once a line begins to form - please be courteous and kind to other Con-goers... which means no line jumping, shoving and/or foul language.

PLEASE Ask questions of the staff - regardless of what you "think" you may know... better safe than sorry.

in Previous years - there was ALOT of issues regarding Cameras and other video-like equipment - so always have a back up plan before getting into line with equipment or food items that may not be allowed in the venue.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Acid_Android

Quote from: Anime-Holic on February 16, 2010, 04:11:11 PM

MusicFest here just to add on to some of the answers given:

1. This has been fully answered :D
2. Just to clarify: We will NOT be passing out separate tickets for LM.C's concert. Just show your badge at the door!
3. Each band has a different policy, but there will be a strict NO-PHOTO, NO-VIDEO policy for LM.C's concert...I would recommend leaving your camera behind in your hotel room.
4. LM.C is the only one officially confirmed for now, but...stay tuned ;)
MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

tenton

Quote from: Jerry on February 16, 2010, 04:55:12 PM
*** This is True!!! -> Please do not line up excessively early!

once the performance time is semi - nailed down. We suggest that you line up no more than 1 hour before the scheduled event--- [some hard core fans line up much much much earlier than this] but Fanime Staff recommends that you you line up within reason and to the safety of yourselves and your health allows. :)

*** also remember the the venue is VERY large and everyone will get in... being as close as possible to the stage is a different quest all together--- but not worth getting trampled or moshed into serious injuries - so again SAFETY FIRST PLEASE! :D

One man's worth it is a another man's not worth it. :P

Them that line up extremely early could have their sanity questioned.  ;D

(then again, they already know they're insane.)

ewu

IIRC, there may have been instances that the line was dispersed when it formed too early.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

ongaku

Quote from: tenton on February 16, 2010, 07:08:32 PM
One man's worth it is a another man's not worth it. :P

Them that line up extremely early could have their sanity questioned.  ;D

(then again, they already know they're insane.)
lol, Yes I am insane as well :P I went to see Blink 182 last August and we were there at 7am to make SURE we were the front of the pit. And yeah, I knew that was really crazy   ;D The security laughed, lol!

Thanks for the answers! That's sad that cameras won't be allowed though  :(  I love getting pictures and stuff of the concerts I go to.

Touya no Miko

I wonder if this will be a ticketed event like for An Cafe. For both the concert and autograph session. From what I heard, the An Cafe concert wasn't that filled up and there were still plenty of tickets left.
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

ewu

please read the above posts, your question was answered here.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Tony

Quote from: Touya no Miko on February 17, 2010, 06:57:17 PMFrom what I heard, the An Cafe concert wasn't that filled up and there were still plenty of tickets left.
Yes and no - it wasn't full to capacity, but there were only a few hundred tickets leftover, meaning a huge number of people took tickets but didn't come.

Overall, ticketing the An Cafe concert was a bad mistake on my part, and one the current head of MusicFest will not make.  :)
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

ewu

Quote from: Tony on February 18, 2010, 09:14:51 AM
ticketing the An Cafe concert was a bad mistake on my part

I'm glad that they didn't put you in any important position after that debacle...
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Pimpstress Rei

Quote from: ewu on February 18, 2010, 03:29:36 PM
Quote from: Tony on February 18, 2010, 09:14:51 AM
ticketing the An Cafe concert was a bad mistake on my part

I'm glad that they didn't put you in any important position after that debacle...

Something I hear during each and every staff meeting and during the con:

"Oh man Chair is such an easy job, I bet he does nothing and just watches everyone else work."

Makes me chuckle.
Marie F.
Vice-Chair 2009-2011
Assistant Director of Marketing 2008
Publications Manager 2006, 2007
Con Mom forever o.O

Amo-chan

Quote from: Acid_Android on February 16, 2010, 06:07:43 PM
MusicFest here just to add on to some of the answers given:

1. This has been fully answered :D
2. Just to clarify: We will NOT be passing out separate tickets for LM.C's concert. Just show your badge at the door!
3. Each band has a different policy, but there will be a strict NO-PHOTO, NO-VIDEO policy for LM.C's concert...I would recommend leaving your camera behind in your hotel room.
4. LM.C is the only one officially confirmed for now, but...stay tuned ;)

I'm a noob to this convention, as I'm trying to come from the other side of America just to see LM.C.
Is a badge a one-day pass? Can you get in with a one-day pass?

ewu

Quote from: Amo-chan on April 02, 2010, 09:45:05 PM
I'm a noob to this convention, as I'm trying to come from the other side of America just to see LM.C.
Is a badge a one-day pass? Can you get in with a one-day pass?

Yes, you may attend the concert with a one day membership. Please refer to the registration forum for more information regarding the one day membership. It may only be purchased the day of and is valid 8:00 AM till 8:00 AM the following day.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom