Sat Mar 20
3 (15.8%)
Sat Mar 27
15 (78.9%)
Sat Apr 3
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Sunara Ishi

Omg. Sushi Factory does sound good for dinner. The "all you can eat" part sounds really tempting if I have the funds. XD

Movie ideas: Besides "How to Train Your Dragon", would anyone be interested in "Shutter Island" or "Lightning Thief" if they are still in the theaters? Big "if" though... because they might leave theaters beforehand and if they are still there, they may not have an 11am showing.

As for Ice Skating, I'm ok with it but it doesn't exactly thrill me. And knowing how we tend to be during gatherings, we might never make it there before open skate ends. But if it falls through, I'm sure we'll find something else. XD

Quote from: Tsubasa on March 10, 2010, 08:29:38 AM
I would suggest not going far away and/or splitting into smaller groups if we intend to keep this gathering intact into the evening. Either would just add needless complication. We should aim to keep it simple. Especially since it sounds like a lot of newer faces are showing up & I'd rather not run the chance of losing people.
I agree with Tsubasa about this. Besides, it is more fun if it is chaotic and we have a huge group. X3
I'd rather not miss out on any cool craziness because we split up. If I do, I want it to be because I was a space cadet and not paying attention. XP

And... I'm not driving far away. I'll be lucky if I don't get lost trying to make it to the Ice Skating rink.
Unless we carpool but I still wouldn't want to leave my car sitting somewhere like a parking lot... especially in the evening.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

ELDEMONIO

The more I think about it, the more I realize we may be looking liek a big group coming together.People may think we are going to be ready to protest or something. And if we all walk into a store, we may look like a giant gang taking it over.:D

Splitting up sounds good but I'm afraid I may end up with a group who I have little in common with or just can't connect.

arrrrgh......We'll just see what happends.Only thing I can do is wait till then I guess. I'll be there early liek 12pm. I'll stand out because i'll be wearing all black.black pants,black long sleeve shirt with the hoody.and a 49ers black beanie.
shadap!I'm weird like that ok....>.>
Big whoop, you guys wanna fight about it? >:(
>.> <.< >.>

prototypem

I would love to go to meet new people, but I'm busy every Saturday. D:

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: DarkShinigamiX3 on March 12, 2010, 02:44:16 PM
The more I think about it, the more I realize we may be looking liek a big group coming together.People may think we are going to be ready to protest or something. And if we all walk into a store, we may look like a giant gang taking it over.:D
Not really. I've done large group gatherings before. Most don't even care.
The mall and the ice skating rink will be crowded enough that one more bunch of people won't matter. And most restaurants don't care as long as you are not overly rowdy and give a good tip.
And we really aren't that large of a group; we don't need to worry about having too many people.

Speaking of restaurants: If we go to a restaurant (rather than fast food), we need to make sure everyone pays their fair share. So if you don't have enough to cover yourself (and tip), don't order.
Or make sure someone can and will cover you
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

ELDEMONIO

Quote from: Sunara Ishi on March 14, 2010, 03:15:38 AM
Not really. I've done large group gatherings before. Most don't even care.
The mall and the ice skating rink will be crowded enough that one more bunch of people won't matter. And most restaurants don't care as long as you are not overly rowdy and give a good tip.
And we really aren't that large of a group; we don't need to worry about having too many people.

Speaking of restaurants: If we go to a restaurant (rather than fast food), we need to make sure everyone pays their fair share. So if you don't have enough to cover yourself (and tip), don't order.

Well that's good to know.I'm not a SJ guy so I'm not familiar with large crowds.>.>

I'll pay for myself but I may pay for 2 others if they really need it.They must be girls though.>.>

HarpB

ELDEMONIO

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: DarkShinigamiX3 on March 14, 2010, 06:17:42 PM

I'll pay for myself but I may pay for 2 others if they really need it.They must be girls though.>.>
Sorry, that last part was geared towards everyone. But that is nice of you but hopefully you wouldn't have to. We don't go to expensive restaurant places but I'm sure they will be at least one person that will blow their money on ice skating/movies and not have enough later.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O

michiko nakano

ININ

Clarification.  We meet at the food court inside Oakridge Mall.  The food court is located at the entrance to the movie theatres.

I summarized the activities everyone suggested.  I copied the list on the second post.  We meet at the food court and choose what we do in the afternoon and evening.

• Bowling.  Bowling alley across the street.
  • Tabletop Gaming
  • SVGL (aka Sunnyvale Golfland)
  • Ice Skating
  • Bread and Kinokuniya and maybe Ice Cream
  • Ballroom Dancing
  • Ice Skating
  • In-N-Out
  • Sushi Factory
  • An Awesome Last Minute Idea

Jerry

Quote from: michiko nakano on March 15, 2010, 09:18:17 PM
awww... *living-too-far-away fail*

@ Michi - Dont make me drive down there and drag you to this--- I will if i have to.

Hey ININ - is there a way to set up a new poll since we've already decided on a date?

--- >  and set up a new poll for what the group wants to do out of the List of fun stuff? [above]

i think the sooner we nail down 1 or 2 ideas i think we'll hopefully be a bit more organized--- unless the mob really does decide to go in random directions after the initial meet up at the Oakridge food court.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

ELDEMONIO

Quote from: Sunara Ishi on March 15, 2010, 07:59:59 PM
Quote from: DarkShinigamiX3 on March 14, 2010, 06:17:42 PM

Sorry, that last part was geared towards everyone. But that is nice of you but hopefully you wouldn't have to. We don't go to expensive restaurant places but I'm sure they will be at least one person that will blow their money on ice skating/movies and not have enough later.

yeah, I know it was dirrected to everyone so no apolagize needed :)

yeah, expensive resturants are places I hate. I remmember paying like $14 for a meal at the hilton.>.>

Sunara Ishi

I second the Jerry's new poll idea.

Quote from: ININ on March 16, 2010, 12:23:07 PM

• Sushi Factory
I vote for these two. X3
And maybe even the "An Awesome Last Minute Idea" XD;

@DarkShinigamiX3: $14 isn't exactly my idea of expensive restaurants... I normally think $20+ but I know it is for most students and anime fans (saving up for con, during con, after con...etc.) I'm ok with that price as long as it isn't on a regular basis.

るう~
o(≧∀≦)O

mDuo13

I vote that we plan an activity to take up some of the time, like ice skating or bowling. I guess some portion of the group watching a movie is a possibility (I wouldn't mind seeing Shutter Island, which'll definitely be in theaters) but we'd have a hard time getting even a large majority of the group to go, I think. At least if we go to the Century and the rest of the group just chills in the food court, it won't be hard to re-join the two parties when the movie's over.

Whatever we do, though, I'm sure there will be time for general talking/socializing, tabletop gaming, or "Just Wingin' It".

If we want to go somewhere other than the food court for dinner, moderately cheap is the way to go with a mixed group of this size. We don't want a repeat of the infamous Cheesecake Factory Incident (note, I was not involved in said incident, I've just heard about it).

TheMaKaKi

Hey All,

Wow I totally found this thread topic by accident! Lol.

It is amazing, why? Because I live pretty much near Oakridge (via 10 minutes away)!

What's more awesome? I love San Jose, lived there my whole life before I had to move away few years ago. Any questions/carpool, please message me!

Third reason why it's awesome? The many many things to do! In 'N Out is awesome for groups and cheap in money or we can all eat at Food Court since it is variety. I would not recommend restaurants because 1.)Hard to pay bill, 2.)Hard to seat a big big group, 3.) ppl have different socioeconomic statuses (aka I'm a poor student). I would NOT recommend Sushi Boat. Yes the prices seem very affordable, but the quality matches the prices. It is not good. If you want cheap, poorly made sushi, then you can go there. But the place itself is TINY.

Ice skating is fun, but it's a long ways from Oakridge. Oakridge is located at the most southern part of San Jose, close to Gilroy! The bowling place NEXT to Oakridge called 300 is the best bowling alley I've ever been to. It has tv screens, big lanes, cool lights, plenty of other things to do (pool, arcade, food, etc.). It's not too expensive either http://www.threehundred.com/san_jose_hours_and_rates.html . Movie is possible, but some people might not want to see movies or they may have to leave at a certain time (like me probably). We can split the group into two and rejoin, but I'd be sad and wondering what is the point to meet&greet when half of them are watching movies? There is also a Golfland ACROSS from Oakridge Mall! It is small however and not up to par in gaming standards, Lol.

My vote: In N Out or Food Court and 300 Bowling. Evening activities: Not sure, I might not be there. But there isn't much to do at night unless you're 21+ and want to hit up the downtown clubs/bars.

So count me in for going! But I will probably have to leave early. I also do not know anyone anyone anyone!!! On the list. So let's meet up at a certain place or else I will get lost.

ININ, you can use a Doodle to finalize options, instead of people going back and forth on the forums. http://www.doodle.com It is a website where people can cast votes for certain options.

TL;DR- Well go READ IT! It's good information.

-Asura

donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

2016, 2015, 2014: Speed Dating Head
2013: Speed Dating Co-Head
2012 : Speed Dating Second
2002 'till Present : Fan Attendee <33

Jerry

@ The MaKaKi - Dont sweat being a new person to the group - New Challangers are always welcome!

Its all about making new friends while have fun and a good time :D .

Still looks like the over ideas of  "fun activities" to do are pretty randomized accross the board - we may just go with the flow and do something "awesome last minute idea" as weve done many many times before.

Huzzah for randomized chaos. :P  

TheMaKaKi

Thanks Jerry for the info!

Didn't know it was a close group of friends  :-[ In that case, jk I signed up, haha have fun! I hope my ideas helped a bit.

Just thought that since it was on the public forum, it'd be a public event  ??? Please specify next time before I get excited because Oakridge is so close to my home haha.

It'd be weird if someone random/new comes haha. I guess for me, I don't like to intrude/invite myself to things  :-X Sorry again!

-Asura
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

2016, 2015, 2014: Speed Dating Head
2013: Speed Dating Co-Head
2012 : Speed Dating Second
2002 'till Present : Fan Attendee <33

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: TheMaKaKi on March 19, 2010, 01:43:34 PM
Thanks Jerry for the info!

Didn't know it was a close group of friends  :-[ In that case, jk I signed up, haha have fun! I hope my ideas helped a bit.

Just thought that since it was on the public forum, it'd be a public event  ??? Please specify next time before I get excited because Oakridge is so close to my home haha.

It'd be weird if someone random/new comes haha. I guess for me, I don't like to intrude/invite myself to things  :-X Sorry again!

-Asura

It's ok, you're more than welcome to come to this. Meeting new people is fun so Come on down and have a good time. :3
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Jerry

@ Makaki - maybe you misinterpreted my previous message but new faces are always welcomed.

in fact, i think by my count there was anywhere between 5 to 7 new faces or people who posted... so lots of new and 'old' people to meet. 

what i was trying to say, new & old - our aim is to have fun and random misadventures of people with similar likes getting together for random adventures ---> in this case around the South San Jose [ Oakridge mall area ]

trust me, in our meeting/gatherings hay day- ppl came from all over : Santa Cruz, Tracy, Antioch, Ukiah, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Sacramento just to name a few places where we've made friends [not only just cuz of the internet and forums] but in person and all that jazz.

bring a friend, dress in cosplay [if you insist] and just have a good time. :D

so again yes ----> this is public to EVERYONE- so sorry for any confusion. :P

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: ININ on March 16, 2010, 12:23:07 PM
Clarification.  We meet at the food court inside Oakridge Mall.  The food court is located at the entrance to the movie theatres.

I summarized the activities everyone suggested.  I copied the list on the second post.  We meet at the food court and choose what we do in the afternoon and evening.

• Bowling.  Bowling alley across the street.
  • Tabletop Gaming
  • SVGL (aka Sunnyvale Golfland)
  • Ice Skating
  • Ballroom Dancing
  • Ice Skating
  • In-N-Out
  • Sushi Factory
  • An Awesome Last Minute Idea
I just realized we're missing an option: Jerry's place Unless that is off the table?

@Makaki: Do come... it is an open event.
There will be other new faces as well so don't worry about being a stranger.
Sounds like we might live pretty close to each other. I'm also 5-10 min. away.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O