Sat Mar 27
15 (78.9%)
Sat Apr 3
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 18

TheMaKaKi

Quote from: Sunara Ishi on March 20, 2010, 12:28:09 AM
Quote from: ININ on March 16, 2010, 12:23:07 PM
Clarification.  We meet at the food court inside Oakridge Mall.  The food court is located at the entrance to the movie theatres.

I summarized the activities everyone suggested.  I copied the list on the second post.  We meet at the food court and choose what we do in the afternoon and evening.

• Bowling.  Bowling alley across the street.
  • Tabletop Gaming
  • SVGL (aka Sunnyvale Golfland)
  • Ice Skating
  • Bread and Kinokuniya and maybe Ice Cream
  • Ballroom Dancing
  • Ice Skating
  • In-N-Out
  • Sushi Factory
  • An Awesome Last Minute Idea
I just realized we're missing an option: Jerry's place Unless that is off the table?

@Makaki: Do come... it is an open event.
There will be other new faces as well so don't worry about being a stranger.
Sounds like we might live pretty close to each other. I'm also 5-10 min. away.

Oh, thanks guys :) I did misunderstand, I saw the words, 'close' and 'friends' and I was like, Oh no  :-X! It'd be nice to see some new people from Fanime. Considering that I've been going to Fanime for a while and only made like a couple of friends, haha. Do people really dress up in cosplay a lot at these gatherings? Gawd, I have to speed up my cosplay costume progress  :o Lol

@Sunara: Omg a local local, hehe. Excited. You don't have to answer, but do you go to a high school or college? :)

-Asura
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

2016, 2015, 2014: Speed Dating Head
2013: Speed Dating Co-Head
2012 : Speed Dating Second
2002 'till Present : Fan Attendee <33

LastElixir

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: TheMaKaKi on March 20, 2010, 10:52:13 AMDo people really dress up in cosplay a lot at these gatherings? Gawd, I have to speed up my cosplay costume progress  :o Lol

@Sunara: Omg a local local, hehe. Excited. You don't have to answer, but do you go to a high school or college? :)

-Asura
Not a whole lot. You can if you want to cosplay.
I personally won't cosplay as my new ones aren't done yet.

Actually... I already graduated college. Sadly I'm now a NEET as I don't have a job yet. T.T Though technically I'm not truly because I'm looking? Eh.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

otakuya

Yes! I miss these kinds of gatherings. Just like old times, huh? Count me in (work pending).

TheMaKaKi

Quote from: Sunara Ishi on March 20, 2010, 03:49:51 PM
Quote from: TheMaKaKi on March 20, 2010, 10:52:13 AMDo people really dress up in cosplay a lot at these gatherings? Gawd, I have to speed up my cosplay costume progress  :o Lol

-Asura
Not a whole lot. You can if you want to cosplay.
I personally won't cosplay as my new ones aren't done yet.

Actually... I already graduated college. Sadly I'm now a NEET as I don't have a job yet. T.T Though technically I'm not truly because I'm looking? Eh.

I have this fear as well. Job market is so bad :( But hopefully, you can find something in San Jose...aka Silicon Valley woot.
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

2016, 2015, 2014: Speed Dating Head
2013: Speed Dating Co-Head
2012 : Speed Dating Second
2002 'till Present : Fan Attendee <33

Sunara Ishi

K guys, couple more options:

There is a carnival at Oakridge right now. If it is still there next week, it means two things:
1) It is yet another option in the "what to do" category. Even though most of the rides are probably kiddy rides, there is at least one that isn't.
2) It very likely will mean that parking will be a pain. I hope it isn't but I want people to be prepared.

In addition to food places, I want to through out other options around Oakridge; near the grocery store. There is a japanese fast food place called Wasabi (I'm been meaning to try it so I don't know how good it is but the prices aren't bad.), Johnny Rockets, and a Pizza My Heart. Whether or not they can take such a crowd, like us, is another matter.

Quote from: TheMaKaKi on March 21, 2010, 01:12:30 AM
Quote from: Sunara Ishi on March 20, 2010, 03:49:51 PM
Quote from: TheMaKaKi on March 20, 2010, 10:52:13 AM

-Asura

I have this fear as well. Job market is so bad :( But hopefully, you can find something in San Jose...aka Silicon Valley woot.
Thanks.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

otakuya

As far as the "Awesome Last Minute Idea", a few suggestions:

-'Gourmet Race' eating challenge: SmokeEaters HellFire Challenge (a.k.a. 911 Challenge, as seen on Man V. Food)
-'Gourmet Race' eating challenge: In-n-Out Burger X by X Challenge (roll a d10 or d20 to get the number of meat patties and slices of cheese)
-another form of eating challenge (you can tell I'm hungry right now)
-Iguanas for the Burritozilla and roam around Downtown SJ
-Roller skating at Cal-Skate in Milpitas
-Ice skating at Sharks Ice (already suggested)
-Driving range at a golf course (... maybe it's only me who likes this?)

There's a SmokeEaters in Downtown SJ and near Santa Clara University. I've always wanted to hang out with people wanting to do the Hellfire challenge (and I want to do it too!).

For those who says they can't skate, you can try Cal-Skate because it's roller skating, rather than roller blading, and a little easier.

I could provide rides to and from places, too.

This reminds me of the old 'Fanimapril Fools Day' gatherings we used to have.

Barnes

QuoteFor those who says they can't skate, you can try Cal-Skate because it's roller skating, rather than roller blading, and a little easier.

There is also San Jose Skate, which is down Blossom Hill Rd. (not too far from Oakridge, iirc)
Just throwing it out there.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

HarpB

<- also a new face.
My top choices
    * Bowling.  Bowling alley across the street.
    * Bread and Kinokuniya and maybe Ice Cream
Interested in
    * Tabletop Gaming
    * SVGL (aka Sunnyvale Golfland)
    * Ice Skating

ELDEMONIO

Wow.So many selections.

Well, I'm down for anything.I'm not a fan of In-N-Out but will eat there if I have to.Other then that I've been curious about ice skating and bowling.Both of witch I have never done in my life.But anything is fine with me.As long as I stay entertained then it's cool.

ININ

I keep the activities discussion open and unrestricted.  There are many fun activities and many combinations.  We begin discussing our activities at 1pm.  I have finals this week.  I update the post Thur night.

Tsubasa is correct past Fanime gatherings we were together.  I want to try something different.  If we have several preferences, then we can split into groups.  If we stay together, we stay together.  If we separate, we separate.  The gathering is to have fun, meet new people, catch up, and, yes, have fun.

@mDuo13, I added the movie option to the list of activities on the second post.

Here's my choice:  movie, eat a quick meal, ice skating, and dinner.  SVGL is a bonus where we can play video games, play golf, or socialize at the benches.

Boba

Okay, so I'm a maybe now...

If we/y'all go to SVGL, another idea is to bring board games/people's DS's (Though I'm sure most people generally do anyway). Plus since there's all the RA RA RA RA AAHHHH ASDFGHJKL; with HeartGold & SoulSilver... yeah.
Add my @live.com email on Faceboooook! 0:

Tsubasa

-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

jacktchance

ELDEMONIO

Boba

Uhh - yeah. I didn't get Saturday off though I go from 11 to 5. If people are still gonna be hanging out & I get a ride there, I'd be down. Though I highly doubt that. .-. <3

ELDEMONIO

Well, call in sick Boba.>.>
or just cut your finger as a excuse to get out of work.>.>

Boba

Well I sorta desperately need the hours, and I know they don't have anyone else to cover for me (6 person crew ftw).

It's okay, there's always next time.

ELDEMONIO

6 people?LOL just like my job.:D
I wish I gaved you my hours.1 day off a week is torture for me.:(

yeah.Next time I hope you make it. :'(

Mordyan

Ok, due to a lack of funds, I won't be able to make this.  :(

I just moved and I am still trying to catch up with all my bills.