Sat Mar 20
3 (15.8%)
Sat Mar 27
15 (78.9%)
Sat Apr 3
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 18

mDuo13

That's a bummer, DarkShinigami - next time, have a little more courage!

As for everyone else, it was a pretty fun gathering. Kind of helter-skelter but not bad overall. Fun to meet some of the new people, and ice skating was great (although it's unfortunate that some people didn't have as good a time). Sorry I didn't really get to know all the newbies, but there's never enough time for everyone. And what a bummer about the people who couldn't make it.

And we totally should've had more people show up to the Game Kastle flea market beforehand, 'cause it was great. I got a copy of Rocketville (pretty fun boardgame) for $1, a couple Magic cards off of Loktera for $1 total, and a copy of Starcraft to replace my old one for $1. Which, all told, used up all the cash I had on hand. XD

Individual shout-outs (roughly in order of appearance!):
ININ - Thanks for organizing, for the ride, and for spotting me! Next time, I'll hit the ATM first. ;)
Loktera - My Fallen Empires collection grows ever closer to being complete. How'd you do at sales?
Menchi - You were pretty quiet! Next time, I'd like to talk to you a bit more.
Ultramangaia - How was the movie?
SunaraIshi - Made it home safe, I hope? There was no one at Golfland when we got there, so you didn't miss anything.
Jerry - Bummer timing on showing up to the rink right as it closed! And hopefully no major catastrophes at your house later on?
Otakuya - Man, it's been forever since we hung out. Maybe we can replace Poker Night with Mahjong Night sometime!
jacktchance - Good times, talking about comics and stuff. Definitely add 20th Century Boys to your backlog!
Barnes - Y - The Last Man is the comic you need to check out. Great read!
Tsubasa - Sounds like your dinner was seriously bangin'!
LastElixir - Next time, let's get more pumpkin cookies.
buzzsaw - Thanks for the Starcraft 2 tips. Now I hella wanna try the beta!
Dakanya - How'd the BB tourney go?
Devreaux - Where'd you go?
RyuHayabasa - I didn't see you, either! What gives?
Mordyan - You were missed!
Spiritsnare - What a cop-out!
everyone else - I couldn't catch everyone's screennames and everything, so I don't really know who to call out! Maybe next time.

ultramangaia

The movie was fun. And had some funny stuff in there. The people I was with went to golfland and play arcade game, 18 round of golf then went over Barns house an hung out and talked.
I think next gathering at the mall I`ll make a big sigh so everyone can converg in one place in the food court.

Rome, Ryu wasn`t able to make it. He called me while we were at the food court.

Jeff

jacktchance

I had a great time.  I was able to meet lots of new faces.  For some reason my feet are tired today (ice skating, perhaps?).

Lalaviolet

I was happy to meet those of you I met. Maybe next time I'll make it sooner so I have more opportunity to get to know you guys  :D

Barnes

I had fun talking, playing mini golf and more talking at my house. Pics coming in about a week. I'm a little busy on my Spring Break.
Hope to see you all again soon!
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

ININ

Lots to mention.  Bare with me =)  First, mDuo13 and I apologize for arriving late.  I apologize again for being the last person arriving as the organizer :-[ A few arrived late with legit reasons.  We were at the Game Kastle flea market.  There were lots of good deals.  The prices were much better that the Fanime Swap Meet $-)

I want to thank everyone who attended the gathering.  I hope everyone had fun!  I felt the gathering was successful because we did many activities:  "How to Train Your Dragon" movie, ice skating at the Sharks Ice Centre, San Jose Golfland, tabletop gaming, Sushi Factory, Barnes' place, and shopping at CVS.   (That smiling Incredible Hulk is the Jolly Green Giant in the children's Memory game.)  I talked to Ultramangaia to get info what the SJ Golfland group did afterwards.  He also told me the movie goers didn't hear the fire alarm.

Another reason the gathering was successful because there was a mixture of old Fanime board members and new board members when we separated into groups ^__^  It was unfortunate we didn't get to talk to everyone.  That's expected in an open gathering.  We're going to have more gatherings.  There are more opportunities.  I was happy I met a few new board members =)

I ice skated for the first time.  I had a great time!  Most of us had a fantastic time ^__^  We arrived around 2:20pm.  The Sharks Ice Centre is huge.  There was a Pikachu party decoration at the entrance.  The timing was perfect because the Zamboni machine smoothed the ice while we prepared to ice skate.  We chatted for a bit inside the entrance.  A couple of us played video games, lol.  At 3pm, we ice skated.  The number of skaters was small.  There was plenty of room to skate and less worry for newbies colliding with another skater.  I fell down once :<  LastElixir arrived at 3:45pm.

mDuo13 glasses broke :(  I hope the repair cost is small.  I was surprised Tsubasa skated!  Otakuya's brother, give ice skating another chance :]  The many Fanime board members who passed me including the 7-8 year old passing everyone, one of these days I'm going to get good `__^

Afterwards, I talked to a couple of people about another ice skating gathering XD  There is interest.  We can have the gathering around late June when summer begins and when schools are on vacation ^^  We can go to the ice rink in Milpitas that Otakyua suggested because it's cheaper.  The gathering is called "Ice Skating, Ice Cream, and Anything Ice."

A couple of people talked to me saying the gathering was disorganized.  Sometimes we were just sitting around doing nothing.  Nobody didn't know what to do.  The gathering was an open gathering.  Anything goes.  We did plenty of activities.  Even when we were sitting around at the food court, it was an opportunity to meet new people and getting to know one another.  There was always something to do.

I participated in open gatherings in the past.  The plan was no plan.  Everyone gathered at a meeting spot initially and went their separate ways.  We occasionally saw each other and congregate.  Sometimes we stayed together, sometimes we didn't.  This is the first time we had Fanime open gathering.  If the activities were limited, I felt some people choose not to attend.  Post your comments and opinions.  I respond to all feedback.  You may PM me.

Thanks to everyone who attended the Oakridge gathering XD  It was great seeing a few board members bringing friends.  Barnes, thanks for taking pics XD

Sunara Ishi

It was nice seeing everyone again (it has been awhile since I've seen some of you) and it was equally nice meeting some of the new people.
Ice Skating was ok; Yay manga teaching me to skate! XD ~laughs~ I would have skated more if the ice skates didn't make my ankles so sore; monster-size ankles plus normal size ice skates equal pain. >.>; I should remember to bring long socks/tights, that I don't care about, next time... eh, yeah.

ININ: It seems that the balance if the inner and outer blades/edge of the skates might be the key towards ice skating. If you get the rhythm right and keep the momentum, it seems easier to skate (and keep from falling.) Like a 1:1 ratio or something; And both feet are always on the opposite blade.

And the gathering had a couple "zomg" surprises.... Tsubasa ice skating (vs arcade), fire alarm, and the two "guest" cosplays. XP
Theater mascot and firemen

If we do another Ice Skating gathering (and it is confirmed), I could ask my cousin if Sharks Ice has any special groups discount.
I don't know if he'd be willing, or can, hook us up with any deals.

Apples to Apples was fun. There was quite a few funny moments. And the sushi was yummy. First time I tried tamago sushi; quite good.
Quote from: mDuo13 on March 28, 2010, 09:33:59 AM
SunaraIshi - Made it home safe, I hope? There was no one at Golfland when we got there, so you didn't miss anything.
Yep. Just too busy to come on here until now.
I am familiar with the area Sushi Factory is at; I just tend to forget that it is there. That and I don't travel over there a lot. So it was no big deal going home.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

TheMaKaKi

Awe sounded like it was fun! Sorry I couldn't come due to work, I texted Jerry though  :(!

I love ice skating...I heard that groups of 10+ people get discounts! I am definitely down to do ice skating, yay! :)

-Asura
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

2016, 2015, 2014: Speed Dating Head
2013: Speed Dating Co-Head
2012 : Speed Dating Second
2002 'till Present : Fan Attendee <33

Jerry

one good point that people brought up was the " identifying the 'fanime' group " thing --- kinda understandible for newbies not knowing who to approach or the awkwardness of walking up to perfect strangers trying to ask---

"hey are you guys from the fanime boards?"

we probably need an obvious " Way point " like in a video games or in reality terms maybe a sign :D

the easier thing would be a fanime staff or attendee shirt [which some of us may or may not have]

better yet it would be a great artsy idea for the next major fanime gathering.

in the last 3 years I've have successful [thanks to J9isawesome's help] to have a " T-shirt gathering "
check out this thread!!! http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,11828.0.html

this way we all semi stay in one place with one specific theme and my home is huge enough to have various break off groups in various rooms doing various things with the main T-shirt making process as the main idea, but you have the freedom to do other things such as: board games, DS-multiplay, rock band, snack/food runs, movie/anime watching and etc....

Overall i thought the gathering was a success as well, I met new people and good to see old friends as well.

Another suggestion would be either to sharing contact info via PM ONLY ---

again I'm comfortable enough with my personal info being splash around the internets but not everyone else is. 
*eyebrow raises @ daiphyer* :P

Course now that fanime is less 60 days away and me with meetings every 2 weeks... my weekends are very limited.

So if I had a "T -shirt gathering" I'd prolly have to wait until after fanime--- then again summer heat sucks...  :-\

how to beat the heat? why have a Raging Waters [also near my home] or a Santa Cruz gathering... but that still a ways off.

just a bunch random ideas from your friendly neighborhood adventurer.

Woot.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Boba

Or Great America:D<3

It's more fun than Raging Waters.

Or maybe a potluck @ Lake Cunningham:DDD

& is there a thread for this year's t-shirt gathering or is there not gonna be one orrrr? Because I'm so down for going D:!
Add my @live.com email on Faceboooook! 0:

RyuHayabusa

Yeah sorry that i couldn't make it. I had other stuff going on that day beforehand and I will try to make it at the next one. I'm thinking of doing a party at my house in mid-june, so keep your eyes peeled for that. Can't wait to see the pics Barnes. :D
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Barnes

I'm up for another t-shirt/Raging Waters thing. I'm also thinking of hosting a pool party. Maybe.

QuoteCan't wait to see the pics Barnes.

They're mostly dark pics of mini-golfing (ultramangaia won I believe)
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

ultramangaia

Quote from: Barnes on March 30, 2010, 05:44:26 PM
I'm up for another t-shirt/Raging Waters thing. I'm also thinking of hosting a pool party. Maybe.

QuoteCan't wait to see the pics Barnes.

They're mostly dark pics of mini-golfing (ultramangaia won I believe)

Yaaa, maybe Barns con 3. And yes I won by one stoke over Menchi.

Loktera^2

I only made about $100. I hadn't been in that little corner, I might have sold more pokemon cards, but seeing as to where I was, I didn't do too bad. Hopefully next time I can make more money, but also I will have something new to sell...

Lee and I are going to be making some foam boffer weapons. I'll post more about that as we get more organized.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
~Adam Savage

otakuya

Quote from: mDuo13 on March 28, 2010, 09:33:59 AM
Otakuya - Man, it's been forever since we hung out. Maybe we can replace Poker Night with Mahjong Night sometime!

I think you're talking about Jyun, cuz I don't know how to play Mahjong. ^__^,,,

Anyways, always fun being with Fanime people again. We can go ice skating again on a hot day or any other gathering that can happen in the future. I would like more focused structure and theme to a gathering, rather than "meet-up-then-decide-or-split-up-and-meet-later", perhaps not at a mall where we all could be distracted.

Still, good times, as always!

HarpB

Quotekinda understandible for newbies not knowing who to approach or the awkwardness of walking up to perfect strangers trying to ask---
That was me. Totally felt too weird, so I just went away.

Lalaviolet

Quote from: daiphyer.com on March 30, 2010, 10:47:14 PM
Quotekinda understandible for newbies not knowing who to approach or the awkwardness of walking up to perfect strangers trying to ask---
That was me. Totally felt too weird, so I just went away.

I hope you guys go for it next time. It was a first for me, too...a little awkward but I had a lot of fun. They didn't shame me even a little bit for being a newbie stranger  ;)

I am sorry I showed up so late, I had food poisoning the night before so it was questionable whether or not I was even going to make it at all. As for what little time I did spend with you guys, I thought Apples to Apples was a fun sort of ice breaker for me personally. I was so bummed I missed out on the ice skating but there's always next time!

ININ

Quote from: Sunara Ishi on March 29, 2010, 09:58:29 PM
If we do another Ice Skating gathering (and it is confirmed), I could ask my cousin if Sharks Ice has any special groups discount.

Quote from: TheMaKaKi on March 29, 2010, 11:41:48 PM
I love ice skating...I heard that groups of 10+ people get discounts! I am definitely down to do ice skating, yay! :)

Sharks Ice has group discounts 10+ people.  Ice skating gathering is confirmed in the summer.  If we don't get 10+, we may go to the ice rink in Milpitas Otakuya suggested.

Quote from: Jerry on March 30, 2010, 08:52:53 AM
one good point that people brought up was the " identifying the 'fanime' group " thing --- kinda understandible for newbies not knowing who to approach or the awkwardness of walking up to perfect strangers trying to ask, "hey are you guys from the fanime boards?"

we probably need an obvious " Way point " like in a video games or in reality terms maybe a sign :D

That was my responsibility.  I showed up late with the Hitsugaya and Pikachu plushies.

Quote from: Otakuya on March 30, 2010, 10:01:48 PM
can happen in the future. I would like more focused structure and theme to a gathering, rather than "meet-up-then-decide-or-split-up-and-meet-later", perhaps not at a mall where we all could be distracted.

The next gatherings are going to have a common theme.  There were so many good ideas many people wanted to participate in different activities.

Sunara Ishi

Having another Raging Waters gathering sounds fun but Ice Skating would be so much cheaper. XD I'm not sure if I could afford Raging Waters and I highly doubt I'd be able to afford Great America this year.

About Great America, they now have a "no bags on rides" so us girls would have to get a locker or something. O:
But we'd probably get lockers anyway if we decide to do the rides that require swimsuits.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Chun

I had fun... sleeping till 3 PM.

Good to hear everyone had a good time though.

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)