SF Cherry Blossom Festival

Started by shy-cosplayer, February 15, 2010, 05:34:23 PM

shy-cosplayer

Who's going, and who are you going as? I'll be busting out my Zack Fair =D

Dany

Which one do you mean?

If you're referring to the San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival, Japan Video has the forms available but no online reg.

There's a thread on Cosplay.com for it though, and someone posted the forms up so that you can fill out and fax in. That's how my husband and I registered!

..you can ignore this completely if it's not the SF one you mean ;)
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

Angelx624

Well, I'm going to the SF Cherry Blossom festival in April. =D I'll be Kairi, hopefully. >w<;;
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Shinsengumi

I'm not to sure on what to cosplay as for the Cherry Blossom festival. But I'll be there.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

I'll go.

I probably won't be at the cosplay parade this time; I'm gonna take a break and just have fun at the event and spend some time with friends.  ^_^
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

RyuHayabusa

I'll be there to take pics and hang out as usual.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Oniko

I'll be there.  Dont know about costumes yet.
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

chococlatte

I tend to go every year because my school helps out and such, but I'll probably be heading out with a group of friends.   ;D

OniCourseMusha

Probably gonna have to either switch or request the day off on the day of the parade.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Dany

Realized that because I was unsure what event we were talking about I gave only half an answer.

Going as Emeraldas, hubby will be Harlock. :)

Question...rumor has it folks have met up beforehand in Japantown to walk to the site, mostly to park. Is anyone here thinking of that as an option?

We are staying at the hotel the night before, and depending on how thing go we could join something like that. 

Liquid

Always good to post the dates and times. <.<

Regardless, I plan to try to go to this, this year. I didn't make it last year because a Fanime meeting fell on the same day that I could have gone on.
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

Dany

Quote from: Liquid on February 19, 2010, 06:46:36 PM
Always good to post the dates and times. <.<

Sunday April 18th.
In front of City Hall where the ugly trees are (I can't give a better description of that area :( )

Cosplay Contest entrants arrive at 10 AM.
Parade only entrants arrive at Noon.
Parade begins at 1 PM

Plan for a couple hours. EDIT: Plan for a couple hours for the parade itself, longer if you want to do the costume contest and parade.  Could be more or less depending on how on-time things begin, how well the parade moves through the area, if you win stuff in the cosplay contest and go onstage at the end, etc.

And of course, don't forget to register at Japan Video, especially if you are entering the costume contest. They're only taking 100 people for that part of things (only bring it up in case somebody isn't aware :) )

Yukari Kaiba

Me and a good friend of mine will be entering a BlazBlue duo =D hoping its going to be a lot cooler than it was last year XD
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Kertus

lul, I'll probably be going, not sure which day or if cosplaying though :P
Mario '06. Sven '08. Jared '09. Gai '10. Cobra '11. Kenji '12. Spike '13.
irc.rizon.net #fanime Click here to connect to IRC

Oniko

There is just so much to do this year so I doubt I'll be going in costume. I will be there to cheer you all one though!
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

Angelx624

Well I don't think I'm able to go, anymore. D: I'm so sorry, you guys. ><
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

chibi*H A N A T S U K I

I might go...
Me and my friends wanna go xD

If I do go, I'll either go in lolita or as Xion from KH :]

BunofGovt

Am hoping to make it there this year (was checking at JVideo for the forms but then went out of town for business and won't be put to Japantown til next weekend). Even if I can't enter the contest, I want to be in the parade.  Not sure what my cosplay will be yet tho.  And I usually park at Japantown early, then walk over to city hall to meet up with others.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

kgHapa

I'll definitely go if Im in town that weekend. How can I say no to fanime nerds taking over japan town...well I mean more so than usual

Foxberry

I'll be attending; with hopes of Black Rock Shooter. It's getting much closer now but I'm still waiting on my commissioner (whose my best friend) to finish BRS's coat.