SF Cherry Blossom Festival

Started by shy-cosplayer, February 15, 2010, 05:34:23 PM

kohana ichibana

I will be attending but I'm debating on Cosplay. Since I live right next to Japantown in SF at the current moment. If anyone hasn't been who needs a hand in getting around I would love to be a tour guide. :3 I've lived here for almost 3 years.
FANIME 2013 so far away... ;-;
ibekorra.tumblr.com FOLLOW MEEE

2012 ANIME EXPO COSPLAY LIST:
Misa Amane (Death Note), Korra (LoK), Tohru Honda (Furuba), Yoruichi (BLEACH)

prototypem

I have never been to the Cherry Blossom Festival even though I lived in SF.
Definitely going this year though mainly to take pictures.

Angelx624

CHANGE OF PLANS! I CAN GO!!!!!!!! ;D ;D
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

leslie

Quote from: kohana ichibana on March 09, 2010, 06:26:16 AM
I will be attending but I'm debating on Cosplay. Since I live right next to Japantown in SF at the current moment. If anyone hasn't been who needs a hand in getting around I would love to be a tour guide. :3 I've lived here for almost 3 years.

Ok so I've been to SF many times, but I have never been to the Cherry Blossom Festival or even Japantown. So if I'm able to make it out there then having a tour guide would be amazing! :D
"Vodka means water in Russian, you know."

kohana ichibana

Quote from: leslie on March 23, 2010, 06:46:40 PM

Ok so I've been to SF many times, but I have never been to the Cherry Blossom Festival or even Japantown. So if I'm able to make it out there then having a tour guide would be amazing! :D

No problem :3! Let me know if your looking for a buddy. My anime club is thinking about going to hang out as well so there will probably be more awesome people to hang out with.
FANIME 2013 so far away... ;-;
ibekorra.tumblr.com FOLLOW MEEE

2012 ANIME EXPO COSPLAY LIST:
Misa Amane (Death Note), Korra (LoK), Tohru Honda (Furuba), Yoruichi (BLEACH)

Dany

Quote from: kohana ichibana on March 24, 2010, 10:05:27 AM

No problem :3! Let me know if your looking for a buddy. My anime club is thinking about going to hang out as well so there will probably be more awesome people to hang out with.

Between that group, and the upwards of 200 folks that will do the parade on the 18th? I think you'll have plenty of people who will know the area and can get you comfortable with it!

I miss living in SF sometimes...and one of the things I do miss is being able to walk to both Japantown AND Chinatown (I lived off of the California cable car line for several years).
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

leslie

Quote from: Dany on March 24, 2010, 10:24:36 AM
Quote from: kohana ichibana on March 24, 2010, 10:05:27 AM

Between that group, and the upwards of 200 folks that will do the parade on the 18th? I think you'll have plenty of people who will know the area and can get you comfortable with it!

I miss living in SF sometimes...and one of the things I do miss is being able to walk to both Japantown AND Chinatown (I lived off of the California cable car line for several years).

Thanks you two! That makes me feel a lot more comfortable about going especially because I don't know the area at all.

Well now I'm really excited about going! :D

prototypem

I just need someone to point me in the direction of the food.
I'll be there to take pictures. Will people be cosplaying on parade day only or will I see people dressed up throughout the other days?

Dany

Quote from: prototypem on March 25, 2010, 09:45:49 AM
I just need someone to point me in the direction of the food.

According to the new schedule that just came out at the nccbf.org site, the Food Bazaar is on Webster. There is also the stuff that is in the mall itself, but the Festival may make those places kind of busy because they are sit-down.

QuoteI'll be there to take pictures. Will people be cosplaying on parade day only or will I see people dressed up throughout the other days?

I recall seeing photos of people coming up that were for the festival but not for the parade, and on days that were not parade day, but I think the turnout is a lot smaller and you never know where you can expect to find them.

Quote from: leslie on March 24, 2010, 07:51:42 PM
Thanks you two! That makes me feel a lot more comfortable about going especially because I don't know the area at all.

Well now I'm really excited about going! :D

Woohoo! I do think you'll like it... I've found the parade to be a lot more relaxing in many ways than a convention. I'm geared up for it because I've had to skip the last two years (which was a bummer, but Real Life happens!).

Angelx624

Well, seems I am going both weekends of the CBF. ^^ I'll be there in the 11th and the 18th. :D Here's my planned cosplays:

11th: Bunny Lolita
18th: Kairi

If I don't have Kairi in time for the 18th, I'll be Konoka. :)
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

leslie

Ok so I don't know what to expect, but I'm already excited about going!

Dany

Quote from: leslie on March 25, 2010, 11:52:16 PM
Ok so I don't know what to expect, but I'm already excited about going!

Well, you can expect a lot of good costumes :)

I found this on Google a little while back..posted it to Cosplay as well...it's a time-lapse film, about 30 seconds, of the parade as taken from the end of the walk, looking down Post Street near the Mall If you look to the back, you'll see a very big colorful group:  Those are the cosplayers:

http://vimeo.com/7867862

As you can see...it's a lot of people, both in the crowd and in the cosplay segment.

kgHapa

Hm its supposedly going to be nice out this weekend before it starts raining again. Im considering going to Japan town just for sh*^s and giggles tomorrow if any of you are interesting in hangin =D

BunofGovt

Bah, I may have to pass on this since I'll be on business travel the week before the parade.  I won't be able to take part in the parade but I'll try to show up for fun on Sunday.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Ayanami Rei First Child

I'll show up in one of my Lolita outfits on Saturday the 10th. I'll also be wearing one of my Fanime Badges so people will recognize me from the forums easier ^^

Oniko

I have a question for you all.
Is there anyone who is not going to be in the parade and would like to grab lunch and watch it together?  I always end up going alone because everyones in the parade.  I dont normally go cause then I have to ride the buss in costume =/
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

ultramangaia

Quote from: Oniko on March 28, 2010, 12:18:20 PM
I have a question for you all.
Is there anyone who is not going to be in the parade and would like to grab lunch and watch it together?  I always end up going alone because everyones in the parade.  I dont normally go cause then I have to ride the buss in costume =/

I generally go by myself on BART an catch the 38 muni to J town. I usually run into friends I now. If you don`t now anyone you can hang with me and you can get to now some other anime fan. Post your response here or email me. I`m on Facebook also.

Jeff Sweaney

leslie

By the way, which day(s) is everyone going on?

Dany

Quote from: leslie on March 28, 2010, 06:22:24 PM
By the way, which day(s) is everyone going on?

Hubby and I got a hotel room at the Kabuki this year for Saturday night on the 17th (woo!) so my hope is that Saturday for just civvy walking around, and Sunday the 18th for the parade. Not sure how long after the Parade we will stay after..it depends on how we feel (read: depends on how bushed the parade makes us!).

I've yet attended the Festival on a non-Parade day, so I'm really looking forward to that and actually finding some of the newer stores (I seem to keep having a problem locating them XD ).

Angelx624

I've already said this, leslie, but I'm going on the 11th and the 18th. :3 So if you're there on any of those days find me! ^^ I'll be a Bunny Lolita on the 11th and Kairi from KH II on the 18th. :D
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)