SF Cherry Blossom Festival

Started by shy-cosplayer, February 15, 2010, 05:34:23 PM

Oniko

Quote from: ultramangaia on March 28, 2010, 02:07:18 PM
Quote from: Oniko on March 28, 2010, 12:18:20 PM
I have a question for you all.
Is there anyone who is not going to be in the parade and would like to grab lunch and watch it together?  I always end up going alone because everyones in the parade.  I dont normally go cause then I have to ride the buss in costume =/

I generally go by myself on BART an catch the 38 muni to J town. I usually run into friends I now. If you don`t now anyone you can hang with me and you can get to now some other anime fan. Post your response here or email me. I`m on Facebook also.

Jeff Sweaney

Sure!  I'll see if I can get some of my out of town friends to go too but they might want to be in the parade instead,
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

Touya no Miko

I'm debating on whether or not I will go. If my costume arrives on time I might join the parade. I just need to check some BART schedules.
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

xXunyuuXx

Anyone here in the cosplay contest or doing something for the anime talent show?
I'm in the contest this year but still deciding to do something for the show but I don't know if I have enough time to prepare for it.

Dany

Quote from: xXunyuuXx on March 30, 2010, 01:15:53 AM
Anyone here in the cosplay contest or doing something for the anime talent show?
I'm in the contest this year but still deciding to do something for the show but I don't know if I have enough time to prepare for it.

My husband and I are both doing the cosplay contest :)  My fourth time, my husband's second. We'll be the space pirates in whatever equates to a corner XD

As for the talent show...I...have no idea what I would ever do for a talent show. I don't consider myself very talented *LOL*
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

ININ

I'm cosplaying Edward Elric from FMA.  Later today, I register to walk in the parade.  You don't need to register to walk; however, you get a goodie bag from JapanVideo.  Don't expect much because of the recession.  Last year's goodie bag contained a bootlegged poster  :o

Angelx624

Quote from: ININ on March 31, 2010, 01:43:11 AM
I'm cosplaying Edward Elric from FMA.  Later today, I register to walk in the parade.  You don't need to register to walk; however, you get a goodie bag from JapanVideo.  Don't expect much because of the recession.  Last year's goodie bag contained a bootlegged poster  :o
Ya, I was in the parade last year, and I didn't register for anything. But I go for the parade and not the costume contest, cause I don't make my costumes. ^^; Ah well, parade's always fun. :D Hope it's not as hot, though! ><; Also hope it's not raining. :'D
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

RikuCosplayer

Quote from: Angelx624 on April 01, 2010, 03:26:05 AM
Ya, I was in the parade last year, and I didn't register for anything. But I go for the parade and not the costume contest, cause I don't make my costumes. ^^; Ah well, parade's always fun. :D Hope it's not as hot, though! ><; Also hope it's not raining. :'D

Hey, Im deffinitly going to the cherry blossom
Festival this month in April! My mom said I can go, whoot!! I
so want to go in my Riku costume, but Idk if my mom
will let me. >w< I know, I will convence her to let me!

Im going on the 17th maybe, since thats when Xion
is going. But maybe I can get her to go on the 18th,
when the parade is.

Btw, How do you get in the Cherry Blossom Festival
parade? And which parade session will have the cosplayers
in it? I want to know because I might want to be in the
parade. :3
~Current Cosplays~ ~%Progress~

KH2 Riku: 100% Finished!
Alois Trancy: 100% Finished!

~Cons Attended~   ~Cons Attending~

-Yaoi Con 2009          Fanime 2012
-Fanime Con 2010
-Sac Anime Con 2010
-Fanime Con 2011 

I<3 Sora & Ciel Phantomhiv

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: Oniko on March 28, 2010, 12:18:20 PM
I have a question for you all.
Is there anyone who is not going to be in the parade and would like to grab lunch and watch it together?  I always end up going alone because everyones in the parade.  I dont normally go cause then I have to ride the buss in costume =/
I would be more then happy to hang out with you to watch the parade and grab lunch. I'll be hanging there with some friends, and we're always open to having other people join us ^_^

If you're interested just message me for my facebook, AIM, or yahoo info ^_^

Dany

Quote from: RikuCosplayer on April 01, 2010, 07:01:36 AM

Easy :) You just need to register at Japan Video in San Francisco, especially if you want to be in the costume contest..the last day to register is April 11th.  There is just a quick form that you fill out to get a confirmation number.

Then, everyone meets at SF City Hall on Sunday April 18th (there is only one parade, so no sessions), time depending on what you are doing.  Contest entrants (or folks who want to enjoy watching the costumes for the contest) should arrive at 10 AM. Parade only folks can arrive at 12 noon.

You don't -technically- have to register to just walk the parade route with the group, but as mentioned, Japan Video has, in the past, put together goody bags for all of the participants who do...it's not a guarantee for this year, but if they do it, you shouldn't let yourself get left out.

Hope that helps!

Oniko

To the people responding to me... thanks guys!  :D Yeah lets all hang out together.  'm craving some crepes and crochets! (However those delicious potato things are spelled).

PM me for my SN or Facebook.  Sorry I havnt been around due to school and there is a con this weekend so dont expect a lot for now.
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

Angelx624

when the parade is.

Awesome! :3 We can have a mini KH gathering! xP Cuz I'll be Kairi for the parade. =D

As for where to go, parade-goers ONLY meet up at noon by the ugly trees in front of City Hall. xD Someone called them the ugly trees. *shrug* xDD

Then they tell us in the parade where to go and stuff. And they say that anyone in costume can be in it, so ya. :3 No registration required. xP They tell us what order to go in and stuff, based on your series. :D
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Dany

Quote from: Angelx624 on April 02, 2010, 09:40:05 PMAs for where to go, parade-goers ONLY meet up at noon by the ugly trees in front of City Hall. xD Someone called them the ugly trees. *shrug* xDD

Oh yes, the ugly trees that provide no shade...which now borders a dirtpit instead of grass. Guess there were too many bums camping out :P

QuoteThen they tell us in the parade where to go and stuff. And they say that anyone in costume can be in it, so ya. :3 No registration required. xP They tell us what order to go in and stuff, based on your series. :D

They actually group series together now? That must be new...then again, I have only had one year where I entered a costume where I wasn't the only person from the series in question...and that was because I coordinated the four of us. XD

chibi*H A N A T S U K I

when the parade is.

Oh HAY!
If you want to go on the 18th, I'll go on that day too! xDD;
One of my friends who wanted to go can't go on the 17th... so she asked if we can do it on the 18th (which is totally fine... just gotta ask my parents, lol).

@Angelx624: Yeah! A little KH Gathering before the BIG gathering at Fanime! xDD;
I'm gonna go as gothic lolita Xion. :]

And (I'm asking this to anyone who knows), when IS the Anime-Cosplay Parade? The 18th?? o-o;

Foxberry

The 18th, and it has a lot of other stuff apparently besides just anime parade section. ^^

chibi*H A N A T S U K I

Oh, okay! Thanks for the clarification! ^-^;
I should probably tell my parents ahead of time... /cough.
>w>;

Angelx624

@Dany, well last time it seemed they did. owO; They put all the Haruhi Suzumiya cosplayers in front sorta. XD That's all I know.

@Riku and Hanasuki, yesh the parade is the 18th. :3 Lol okies so if you guys can go that day a mini KH gathering we shall have! =P
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

cherryteagirl

I'll be going as Ami Futami from The Idolmaster for the parade. 

Dany

Quote from: Angelx624 on April 04, 2010, 11:46:56 PM
@Dany, well last time it seemed they did. owO; They put all the Haruhi Suzumiya cosplayers in front sorta. XD That's all I know.

Well, darn, I guess they can just stick us with the ninjas...then again, sticking ninjas and pirates together...that might not be a good idea *LOL*

Edit: Oh dear..I guess that means we'll be put in with the Naruto cosplayers XD

chibi*H A N A T S U K I

Quote from: Angelx624 on April 04, 2010, 11:46:56 PM
@Riku and Hanasuki, yesh the parade is the 18th. :3 Lol okies so if you guys can go that day a mini KH gathering we shall have! =P[/b][/color]

Thank you! ^-^
And, yes... we shall have a mini KH Gathering >;DD
Should I go as lolita Xion or Organization Xion? D: (LOL. Sorry for the random question...)

Angelx624

I dunno, Hana. D: I guess it depends on weather. >w<; If it's as hot as it was last year you probly don't wanna go as Organization Xion. xPP
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)