Any Hellsing Fans Out There?(new thread)

Started by lady_tomoko, February 16, 2010, 08:12:58 PM

lady_tomoko

I found this thread and decided to revive it, since Hellsing is AWESOME! I am still eagerly awaiting the release of the 10th book(April 28th ^-^)

JohnnyAR

I too have been eagerly awaiting  volume. It has taken awhile , since Kohta Hirano is very lazy. Fans were suprised when volume 10 was released in Japan alongside two other vloumes of another work. People were like ¨Wow, did he actually... work?¨

I really wanna read his other manga such as Gun Mania, The Drifters, Ikaryaku, Susume!! Seigaku Dennou Kenkyuubu.

Ikaryaku is really funny! Hirano even puts himself ib the manga as a character.   

lady_tomoko

I definatley would like to read more of Hirano's work as well, especially if it is as good as Hellsing^_^.I also wish that Hirano would work more on Hellsing: The Dawn; I already read all six chapters and I am hooked (Girlycard was awesome:D)

nakedsnake

Just got done watching Hellsing Ultimate, I wish they would hurry up and release #5!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

lady_tomoko

Quote from: nakedsnake on March 18, 2010, 09:03:58 AM
Just got done watching Hellsing Ultimate, I wish they would hurry up and release #5!

I can't wait either!!! I love the OVAs way better than the original anime; the OVAs actually follow the storyline of the manga ;D

michiko nakano

ahh... i feel totally stupid because only a few days ago did i realize that alucard is dracula backwards >_<

lady_tomoko

Don't feel too bad, one of my friends didn't realize that either till a few months ago(what's worse is she actually had to write it down to figure it out ^-^)

Jerry

Quote from: michiko nakano on March 19, 2010, 02:47:25 PM
ahh... i feel totally stupid because only a few days ago did i realize that alucard is dracula backwards >_<

all the shakesperian knowledge [even tho i know theyre not connected]---- so i have to giggle a little at you for this michi ;)
i tease ya because I care! :D
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

RaddaX2

Quote from: michiko nakano on March 19, 2010, 02:47:25 PM

Yea and Xerxes spelled backwards is SEXREX

Btw I haven't read the manga.  When OVA VIII comes out will I shit bricks?  I mean Integra's gonna unlock the Control Art Restriction System to Level Zero. I WANTS
It ain't the meaning of life but the feeling of it.

XXVIII

I know I cant wait either Fanime opens on da 28th of May my birthday  ;D   so i will hope that "someone" gets me #10 oh I dk... lady_tomoko perhaps... if you can't think of a gift for me that would work great :P

XXVIII

RaddaX2... that is hilarious I never spelled Xerxes backwards before :D

lady_tomoko

Quote from: XXVIII on March 23, 2010, 07:21:00 PM
I know I cant wait either Fanime opens on da 28th of May my birthday  ;D   so i will hope that "someone" gets me #10 oh I dk... lady_tomoko perhaps... if you can't think of a gift for me that would work great :P

If my first b-day for you present falls throught ;), I will defiately get you #10 (but of course MY b-day comes before yours, so maybe you should get me #10 too ;D)

XXVIII

you know i like already have dat taken care of :3

XXVIII

oh and tell me what you got me already its killing me... oh wait you don't care XP

XXVIII

I still wana know what you got me for my birthday butt you say it will be funny so i will wait XP

JohnnyAR

AngelWings

I come to be educated and not smacked over the nose for my ignorance. So I've watched the first series of Hellsing. Not the OVAs and I was going to read the manga, but someone stopped me by saying it was very different. So I've been torn between knowledge and ignorance and I really don't want to bite the damn apple unless it's worth it. So is it?

Rette

Quote from: AngelWings on April 11, 2010, 01:12:40 AM
I come to be educated and not smacked over the nose for my ignorance. So I've watched the first series of Hellsing. Not the OVAs and I was going to read the manga, but someone stopped me by saying it was very different. So I've been torn between knowledge and ignorance and I really don't want to bite the damn apple unless it's worth it. So is it?

It is true that the original anime is very different from the manga and the OVAs. However, the manga's plot is much better written, more cohesive, with more interesting characters, and I highly recommend reading it. The OVAs follow the plot of the manga, and they are really excellent. You will not regret reading the original manga or seeing the OVAs.

Hope that helps! ^_^

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

Member of Three Dollar Laugh Cosplay

AngelWings

Quote from: Rette on April 11, 2010, 02:26:47 PM
Quote from: AngelWings on April 11, 2010, 01:12:40 AM

It is true that the original anime is very different from the manga and the OVAs. However, the manga's plot is much better written, more cohesive, with more interesting characters, and I highly recommend reading it. The OVAs follow the plot of the manga, and they are really excellent. You will not regret reading the original manga or seeing the OVAs.

Hope that helps! ^_^
It does thank you. Sounds like I have some catching up to do!