Staying Thursday-Monday or Friday-Monday??....

Started by leslie, February 16, 2010, 10:45:16 PM

BunofGovt

I used to stay Thursday - Monday but two years ago I got stuck in my hotel room waiting for a bellhop for HOURS.  I did not leave the room until close to 4PM (after calling down to the front desk and letting them know I was trying to check out by noon).  Now I stay over the extra night and check out Tuesday morning for a more relaxed getaway.  If you have to check out Monday, try to do it early to avoid the crush of everyone else leaving the same morning.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

heeroyuy135

Quote from: BunofGovt on March 27, 2010, 03:56:09 AM
I used to stay Thursday - Monday but two years ago I got stuck in my hotel room waiting for a bellhop for HOURS.  I did not leave the room until close to 4PM (after calling down to the front desk and letting them know I was trying to check out by noon).  Now I stay over the extra night and check out Tuesday morning for a more relaxed getaway.  If you have to check out Monday, try to do it early to avoid the crush of everyone else leaving the same morning.
Definitely, I have the room cleared out long before people are even awake, usually 9am, even if I don't check out to 12pm in which I usually use the TV checkout.

Kyra_Maverick

I have everything packed up on Sunday night, with most things down in the car already. When I check out on Monday I usually just have a small bag of clothes and my ice chest.

leslie

Thanks you guys for posting about check out on Monday. :D
I was so excited about being able to go on Thursday I totally forgot about check out!
So is checking in on Thursday going to be really packed??
"Vodka means water in Russian, you know."

heeroyuy135

It really shouldn't be as it's on a work week and many people are either still have school or work commitments. Both Thursday and even Friday are light compared to Saturday - I mean, look at the reg line on Saturday morning at around 8-9am!

Ayanami Rei First Child

Well I usually get friends to help me, since it's the only way. Also since I have to get someone else to pick me up there, I usually end up having other people help me watch my bags to. Fortunately people at Fanime seem to be really cool people overall.

michiko nakano

i'm definitely getting there on thursday because that way i can really really relax and have fun, get my badge, go to the swap meet... then friday morning i can take lots of time with getting ready to cosplay, since there were quite a few photographers around on friday around noon.  leaving on monday, since i have to travel back to central cali and go to school the next day.

elfgirlkaname

I'm staying thursday-tuesday this year because I want to go to the japanese gardens and shopping and stuff also thursday check in is nice you know you aren't missing anything ^^ the time they start doing pre-reg to get your badge is 5pm and since I take a while to settle in to the hotel and I never get up early enough to be there much before 2pm I usually don't have time to see san-jose but this year I will ^^ check in time for the hotel is offically 3pm but they usually let you check in if you're an hour or so early on thursday:)
have fun!! :)