The COSPLAY HELP ME! Who? Sewing? Buy/Where? Construction? Support thread

Started by BSaphire, February 19, 2010, 03:30:23 PM

Haunterluvcookies

Quote from: Charis on April 30, 2012, 12:04:51 PM
Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on April 30, 2012, 11:51:06 AMYeah I am flying southwest so I am pretty sure I can get away with two checked luggages for free. I am really worried about the armor but if I can fit it a box than it would be awesome. My big problem is waiting till the night before I leave to pack, I guess I might have to start earlier. :P Thanks for all the advice! I hope I can fit it all.

According to the Southwest website, you can check things up to 62" linear measurement (combined L + W + H).  In your shoes, I'd probably try to check a good sturdy box with my armour and a suitcase for the rest of my stuff (and bring whatever else I needed as carry-on).  Pad the hell out of your armour, fill in the empty space in the box (those air-pack bags that so many places use nowadays are great for taking care of anything left once you've packed what you want into the box), and label the outside with your name, home address, flight number, and destination address.  The labelling might be overkill, but I've done that on boxes every time I've flown and never had problems with them arriving.  You might also want to mention what it is at check-in, since security may be weirded out.

Honestly, with two checked bags plus carry-on, you'd have to be taking some serious armour to be over your luggage allowances, IMO. XD  Just make sure your box is within the size limits and you'll be fine.

Thanks for clearing that up. I will defently becareful with what I pack and the labeling is a really good idea. I would ahte for all my hard work to get lost between where I am and and san jose sense I have one plane transfer before I get there.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Raiz3r

Decided to dress up for fanime and couldn't find any sites that sells the costumes besides ebay.

Does anyone have suggestion on sites to buy costumes from?

(I'm thinking about dressing up as Shiki from Togainu no Chi  or maybe Hibari from hitman reborn.)

kookiekween99

Quote from: Raiz3r on May 02, 2012, 05:22:13 PM
Decided to dress up for fanime and couldn't find any sites that sells the costumes besides ebay.

Does anyone have suggestion on sites to buy costumes from?

(I'm thinking about dressing up as Shiki from Togainu no Chi  or maybe Hibari from hitman reborn.)

For one of my cosplays, I got the outfit from http://www.miccostumes.com/ and the wig from http://www.cosplayfu.com/ (both have pretty good cosplay stuff, and the quality is pretty awesome). The problem is, both ship from Hong Kong, which took about a month for me, so you might not get them in time for this year's Fanime. Also, even if it did arrive in time, you might not have time to modify it to fit your body if necessary.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

AnimefanJJ

If anyone needs something simple done, like a dress or a shirt, please let me know I need 40 dollars for my ride to Fanime and I don't have it. So I am willing to make things to get that money.
Banned for breaking promises - http://forums.fanime.com/index.php?topic=17617

Admiral Donuts

Does anyone know how I could pull off "Valve Guy?" Is there any particular way I could attach the valve to the back of my head?

BunofGovt

I'd say spirit gum IF you could find a lightweight valve and stem part (plastic maybe or papier mache?).
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

WuvMilo

Anyone know a good website where I can buy Black Rock Shooter's weapon? > ~ < Sword or Cannon.

If not, then anyone can give me some tips and what I need to buy to make one of them? > ~ < It would be my first time making a cosplay prop.

Zirphex

mods please remove this post
MANHO!

Zirphex

Everything I do outside of work besides drink way too much coffee and beer and play video games.
I'm always looking for new inspiration somewhere, but the world of the undead rules most of my life...
I'll upload more when I have pictures of stuff, but these are some examples

http://s1139.photobucket.com/albums/n544/Zirphex/Props%20and%20stuff/

MANHO!

xichisex

I am going to be cosplaying Gumi from Vocaloid and I was curious about what people think.. Should I do french tipped nails with the tip being green or go for a full green nail? It's driving me crazy because I don't know what would look better. The outfits I am doing are a Neko Maid Gumi [Shown below in my siggy] and Coward Mont Blanc [Also in siggy], but I am also - for Sunday - going to the Black and White Ball in a ballgown and I want these nails to last throughout the weekend. Would french tip be more desirable considering I will be wearing something formal along the way or would the full green nail still look fine?

FanimeCon Cosplay 2013

Haunterluvcookies

Green tipped... would be very cute for maid gumi! French tip does last quite awhile but thats what I have to say. Gumi is such a cutie to! Hope I get to see you at the con... I might need a pic or 2...
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

xichisex

I'd love to get a picture with you. :3

FanimeCon Cosplay 2013

LakuriSyaoran~

I think that doing a french tip would be cuter then just doing full green nails, and it would look more formal for the b&w ball ^^

Josepher

Hey guys, my friends and I cosplayed as Servbots at Fanime.  However, we were forced to walk around with our helmets off because of our limited visibility.   Our helmets currently use white T-Shirts for the eyes with black fabric marker drawing the iris.  The idea was to replicate the black on halloween masks.  We had hoped that this would be enough to see during the con, but alas it was not.  By chance, we befriended the Pokemon Men and we exchanged a few ideas and such about our helmets.

photo credit: BokehFTW http://www.flickr.com/people/bokehftw/
Anyways, now we are planning on using plexiglass or something similar to it.  We are going to heat up the plexiglass and mold it to the proper shape, use a black window tint for the iris, and maybe paint the rest white.
What I'm looking for is a better idea for the white part of the eye, or maybe another idea for our helmets in general.  I was thinking about using white window tint, but I don't know how well it would look.

Thanks!

Dawnshadow

I have recently required a fursuit that is in need of repairs. The poor thing. D: (It was a great deal though)

How should I remove any stains/dirtiness from the fur itself?
What should I re-paint/color the eyes with? (the eyes are made of that plastic stuff with a bunch of holes in it)

Thanks. :D
Cosplays:
Lucario- a few fixes are required (80%)
Itachi- 60% *needs new cloak and wig*
Mystery Pokemon (it's a surprise and I want it debuted here)- 5% or so
Masked Marth- 0% (I doubt I'll get this one done as it has least priority over my money)

spycker

Im going to be cosplaying next year either as a GIJoe soldier, a gears of war soldier or army of two. any feedback? i might use an ichigo black hollow mask.

jingko

Quote from: spycker on May 31, 2012, 08:19:56 PM
Im going to be cosplaying next year either as a GIJoe soldier, a gears of war soldier or army of two. any feedback? i might use an ichigo black hollow mask.

if you use any sort of gun or gun looking item-keep a look out for new rule fore peace bonding for them! and no live steel for the weapons unless they can be "locked" aka zip tied in place and not come out. (wood as rule too, but best bet is really really fake looking things) again watch the peace bonding threads- just an FYI
where the Death Scythes kept?
see me at DA as well. ><

DarkMoonlitStar

I'm sorta thinking about cosplaying Ringo from Air Gear but I'm not completely sure yet.

(Spoiler-alert if people haven't read the manga yet; though it doesn't show much...but just in case)
I was thinking of doing this version from chapter 266 of the manga
http://www.mangareader.net/137-44936-2/air-gear/chapter-266.html
http://www.mangareader.net/137-44936-17/air-gear/chapter-266.html

or This version from chapter 341
http://www.mangareader.net/air-gear/341/3

What trips me out are the shoes. Not sure how to go about customizing or making them in the first place. But any help on the outfits too would be nice.
Thanks in advance!
"Find yourself, that's the key & I am the only person I can be, myself, that''s me."
2015 Cosplay -tentative-
Shiro- No Game No Life
Koujaku- DraMaticalMurder
Esdese/Esdeath- Akame ga Kiru!
Daiki Aomine-Kuroko no Basuke

amaya_JDB

I need a pistol for my cosplay, but I have no clue how to get one that peace-bond friendly. How do I make one like that??? Obviously taking a air soft gun and pour glue down the barrel isn't the best idea xD
Occupation: Musician/singer/nurse/student/cashier/cosplayer/otaku/poet/writer/cook/lover/gamer/artist/maniac/woman/foodie/DDRist
In other words, I'm one busy mofo!

Fanime 2012 Cosplays:
Kagome (Inuyasha) <all weekend>

spycker

Quote from: amaya_JDB on June 02, 2012, 10:36:11 PM
I need a pistol for my cosplay, but I have no clue how to get one that peace-bond friendly. How do I make one like that??? Obviously taking a air soft gun and pour glue down the barrel isn't the best idea xD

im thinking of paintball / airsoft weapons, look on ebay, they are very cheap and should be no problem with fanime as long as the orange point is shown and has no ammo or loaded