Cosplay Wigs panel

Started by Touya no Miko, February 20, 2010, 06:56:41 PM

Touya no Miko

Haven't seen a thread for this yet. For the cosplay newbies, I think it would be a nice idea to have a panel on how to care/style wigs. There could be a demonstration on how to style a wig in a certain way, what you have to do to keep it in good condition, detangling a wig, the type of tools you need, how to put it on, and what you shouldn't do when handling a wig. I have some wigs, both short and long, which can be used for the demo. My knowledge of wigs is exceptional, but not perfect, and I'm a poor speaker(I still twist my tongue, even at my adult age. D:). Would be nice to have someone with greater knowledge than me to help run it.

Let me know your feedback!
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

mutive

That is an awesome idea! I'd be more than up for helping, if you need a hand.  (I'll be doing two other panels at the con, so I should be around anyway.)  Feel free to email me at [email protected]

jingko

that's a great idea! i would have loved this panel when i first started to cosplay. (several years ago now) if you need help with it let me know. i also know how to weft hair into wigs and how to style (sometimes with only hair spray and Bobbie pines and the night before for friends) wigs. 
where the Death Scythes kept?
see me at DA as well. ><

Darkin

This sounds like a great idea for a panel, I will definitely come check it out! I've been cosplaying for a while but I still have a lot to learn when it comes to wigs :P I have a few more questions for things you could talk about: how do you properly store a wig, how do you wash the product out once it's been in a ridiculously spikey 'do (or do you just give up and leave it that way forever?), and how do you ship or pack a wig that is heavily styled and has to stay on it's wig form?
Don't Panic

forever adel

wow this sounds like an awesome idea! :D hope it goes well for ya'll!
You can find more cosplay photos and updates through my links!!
www.facebook.com/adelcosplay
www.foreveradel.deviantart.com