Disabled Services?

Started by Kazemon15, February 20, 2010, 09:36:47 PM

Kazemon15

I'm new here...and this will be my first time going to Fanime...I was just wondering... does Fanime have disabled services, such as priority seating, wheelchair access, ect?

Since my whole group is disabled, we're both hard of hearing and have bad eyesight... I only ever went to Anime Expo, and they have priority seating there. They give disabled costumers a special badge, I'm just wondering does Fanime have this, because it will be hard to enjoy the convention if we're unable to see/hear any of the events.
<br /> A Katekyo Hitman Reborn! AMV

Persona

Hi Kazemon,

While I don't know about disabled badges, I do know that all buildings in California are wheelchair accessible by mandate, so you don't have to worry about that.

Hopefully someone will come along soon and answer your other question. =)

ewu

We do not have specific memberships for our disabled members. But if you contact a staff member before an event and they will do all they can to make your con experience enjoyable. I am certain that they will accommodate you in every manner available to them. All our venues are accessible and staff can point you in the direction if that is not immediately evident. Just ask:)
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Kazemon15

Thanks for replying. =3

All we really need is priority seating towards the front to be able to see and hear what's going on.

Would that be a problem?

The only events we want to go to is the AMV contest and LM.C's concert.
<br /> A Katekyo Hitman Reborn! AMV

ewu

Send me an e-mail at ericATfanimeDOTcom and I'll see what I can do.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom