Pokemon tcg?

Started by Elimeno, February 22, 2010, 10:49:33 AM

Elimeno

In celebration of the new cards finally coming out and the HG/SS games coming out was considering hosting a how to play for the TCG and possibly a tournament kind of thing; I need to work out the kinks but wanna know if there would be enough people interested for me to further the process.  Plus it seems a lot of people recently have been getting back into Pokemon itself so we may be able to make this into a general Pokemon panel from games, to the anime, to the tcg. 
Know much about purgatory? It's the world we live in now, and Halloween is the day a damned soul in purgatory can be released into heaven, if he prays hard enough. Say your prayers. - Vincent Volaju

Jelly Soup

You know, I like the sound of this. I haven't actually played the game since 8th grade (while I still collected until around my 12th), I was just thinking the other day that it would probably be rather simple to pull a decent deck together. I might take you up on this come Fanime (it'll be a good excuse to finally organize my collection).

Elimeno

lol, yeah kind of a funny story how I got back into it, was at Wal-Mart at like 3 in the morning with my brother and we needed something to kill time; and we walked by the card section, remembered we kinda liked the game; the rest was history.  But i'm for sure going to bring a few decks to the con just to mess around and show some people how to play, they tweeked the rules a bit for the new cards.
Know much about purgatory? It's the world we live in now, and Halloween is the day a damned soul in purgatory can be released into heaven, if he prays hard enough. Say your prayers. - Vincent Volaju

Jerry

good thread but i think your in the wrong sub forum - this is for major events and live programming.

if you want to start a panel - you may want to get the panels sub forum thread, read thru their materials on how to get a panel set up and contact their staff and go from there.

i could be wrong, but now i have no idea where this thread is suppose to be :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Elimeno

Quote from: Jerry on March 01, 2010, 08:35:20 AM
good thread but i think your in the wrong sub forum - this is for major events and live programming.

if you want to start a panel - you may want to get the panels sub forum thread, read thru their materials on how to get a panel set up and contact their staff and go from there.

" hello mod "  please move to panels sub forums thanks! :)

it was originally in the panels section, they moved it over here.  I was confused but I'm not gonna argue with a mod they scare me :P

Jelly Soup

I don't see why this would be a panel anyway. All you're doing is letting people know that you'll be sitting a t a table in the gaming room and would be willing to play a game.

Elimeno

Quote from: Jelly Soup on March 01, 2010, 10:00:15 AM
I don't see why this would be a panel anyway. All you're doing is letting people know that you'll be sitting a t a table in the gaming room and would be willing to play a game.

True, which is why I posted it up here to see how many people would be interested in a full blown panel about Pokemon itself, but honestly it is a little more about the card game  ;D

Jerry

thats odd, because in your original post you said you wanted to have a panel so i could be confused too :P my bad.

i guess once you figure out what you want this to be more specifically  [ event , table top gaming, panel, work shop , dance with ppl dress as pokemon, etc ]

then i think this thread will find its proper home :)

good luck with the rest of you planning, discussion and build hype phase.

Jelly Soup

Quote from: Jerry on March 01, 2010, 11:29:20 AM
thats odd, because in your original post you said you wanted to have a panel so i could be confused too :P my bad.

It's at the end of the post, like an after thought.

Jerry

sounds like you need to get connected with someone from table top gaming if you want to run a Pokemon TCG tourney.
or  if you want to have a panel then get the materials needed for such a workshop and discussion.

either way slots and time is running out fast believe it or not :P

so good luck with whatever you end up deciding on.

joshmisses

hey guys, this is sam head of table top. we are looking for someone to help us out with running a pokemon tournament. if anyone interested please let me know.