Swap Meet Information plus Q&A! FINAL UPDATE *PLEASE LOCK*

Started by angeljibrille, February 22, 2010, 02:13:14 PM

Eurobeat King

Quote from: angeljibrille on May 25, 2010, 10:23:25 PM
Suitcases are fine, as long as they are easily opened for our staff to inspect before we place you in a spot.

Is that a new policy this year?  Usually after check-in, we're allowed (or taken) to our spot and begin setting-up.  It's later that a staffer or security walks-around, checking for bootlegs, and that any hentai is covered.

Thanks for the info!
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

Tenshi

I've never been to the swap meet as a seller or buyer before, and I have a few questions:

1. I'm on the main list for Thursday, but due to work and transportation, I might not be able to make it to the Swap Meet until around 8pm.  Will I lose my spot to someone on the waitlist if I can't make it by around 7pm?  If so, should I still go and try my luck for a spot on Thursday?  It's an hour's drive each way for me.

2. On Friday, I'm on the lower half of the wait list.  Does this mean I most likely won't get a spot and should just make other plans?  If I still want to try for a spot, do I need to wait at the Swap Meet for 2,3 hours until a spot opens up for me, or can I just show up around 10pm to see if there's almost a spot for me?

3. If some sellers leave at around 11pm on Friday, and I manage to get a full spot, do I need to pay the full $20 or can I get a discount rate?  I assume there will be a lot less buyers from 11pm to 1am, and I only have a couple of hours to sell things.

4. I'm a petite girl, and I was wondering if I can bring a large plastic bin on wheels to help me carry stuff?  I think it might allow me to carry everything in one go.  The bin I have looks something like this:
http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?partNumber=314139-61896-314139

Thank you for your time.

Andy

Need 4 marsh flats, 3 arid mesas and 4 scalding tarns + 4 goblin guides. Also need some random frog commons. Message me or reply back to this if you have any of that. Trades + cash. Thanks.
Pro, as in: Accomplished, educated, perservering, passionate, precise, great, heroic, better than the rest, pokemon master. Jank, as in: weak, undernourished, failure, disgrace, uneducated, smellys like fish.

angeljibrille

Quote from: Eurobeat King on May 26, 2010, 01:12:43 AM
Quote from: angeljibrille on May 25, 2010, 10:23:25 PM
Suitcases are fine, as long as they are easily opened for our staff to inspect before we place you in a spot.

Is that a new policy this year?  Usually after check-in, we're allowed (or taken) to our spot and begin setting-up.  It's later that a staffer or security walks-around, checking for bootlegs, and that any hentai is covered.

Thanks for the info!

Not sure how she did it the past two years -- this is how we did it 3 years ago when I last ran it ^^; It's just my policy. We are going to do a superficial look-see at check-in.

angeljibrille

Quote from: Tenshi on May 26, 2010, 02:22:36 AM
I've never been to the swap meet as a seller or buyer before, and I have a few questions:

1. I'm on the main list for Thursday, but due to work and transportation, I might not be able to make it to the Swap Meet until around 8pm.  Will I lose my spot to someone on the waitlist if I can't make it by around 7pm?  If so, should I still go and try my luck for a spot on Thursday?  It's an hour's drive each way for me.

We will not hold your spot if you are not there when you are called. You are always welcome to get in the "overflow" line we are going to have on Thursday, but there's no guarantee that you will make it in.

2. On Friday, I'm on the lower half of the wait list.  Does this mean I most likely won't get a spot and should just make other plans?  If I still want to try for a spot, do I need to wait at the Swap Meet for 2,3 hours until a spot opens up for me, or can I just show up around 10pm to see if there's almost a spot for me?

It's extremely unlikely that we are going to be able to place everyone who is waiting on Friday. Our desk closes at 9:30pm, so all spots will have been assigned by 9:30pm.

3. If some sellers leave at around 11pm on Friday, and I manage to get a full spot, do I need to pay the full $20 or can I get a discount rate?  I assume there will be a lot less buyers from 11pm to 1am, and I only have a couple of hours to sell things.

We will not be placing anyone at that time, we stop taking people at 9:30pm. Everyone pays the full price, sorry.

4. I'm a petite girl, and I was wondering if I can bring a large plastic bin on wheels to help me carry stuff?  I think it might allow me to carry everything in one go.  The bin I have looks something like this:
http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?partNumber=314139-61896-314139

Thank you for your time.

The link is down, but I'm presuming it should be fine.

Thanks!
Marisa

Michi

If I have a spot registered and am sharing space with a friend that won't show up right away, is it okay if he comes in with his stuff later to join my space?
~ don't dream it, be it ~

Facebook / Twitter / Tumblr

angeljibrille

Quote from: Michi on May 26, 2010, 03:56:35 PM
If I have a spot registered and am sharing space with a friend that won't show up right away, is it okay if he comes in with his stuff later to join my space?

As long as you, the person who is on the list, checked in at the start time then it's not a problem.

However:

A. He must be there before 9:30pm
B. He must have his form and turn it in before 9:30pm or he will not be able to share your space.