Swap Meet Information plus Q&A! FINAL UPDATE *PLEASE LOCK*

Started by angeljibrille, February 22, 2010, 02:13:14 PM

angeljibrille

Marisa (Angeljibrille) will NOT be reading the Forums or Email anymore (sorry!). Consider this thread locked. I'll see you all at the convention! :D

Answers to a few common questions:

Q: Can I share a space with a friend who is registered even though I am not registered?
A: Yes. However, there can only be 2 people per space. 2 people for either a half or a full space -- you can't have 4 people in a full space; just two. Please wait in line together and show up together when I call your number. You BOTH need to fill out the Swapmeet Form.
http://www.fanime.com/docs/2010SwapMeetForm.pdf

Q: There are not a lot of people on the Waiting List for Thursday. Can I get in line?
A: Yes, please wait in the Pre-Reg Waiting List line. We will assist the Pre-Reg WL people first, then we will take individuals who have been waiting in order of first-come, first-served. We can't guarantee you will get in. Also, we will NOT do this on Friday, only on Thursday.

Q: Can you make modifications to the list for me?
A: No. The only thing I will do is cancel your space and/or downgrade your space from a full to a half space. You can't upgrade to a full space, and you can't add yourself to different days. Sorry!

Q: Do I need a seller's permit?
A: No not unless you meet the Seller's Requirements you see on the Swap Meet form (read the two choices). Just fill out your form. http://www.fanime.com/docs/2010SwapMeetForm.pdf

------
Registration is now CLOSED because we are way (way) over capacity for the Waiting List.

Final List here:
http://www.anime-online.com/fanime_swapmeet/

There will be two lines for the approved entries and the waiting list at Fanime on Thursday and Friday. We suggest you get in line at 6:00pm and we will begin processing registrations at 7:00pm. People will be processed by their number (1,2,3,4,etc.) not by their position in line. The lines will be outside of Exhibit Hall 3. PLEASE do not get in line before 6:00pm.

Please make sure you have the Swap Meet Form (PDF) with you, filled out and ready for processing.
http://www.fanime.com/docs/2010SwapMeetForm.pdf

Thursday: Entries 1 - 98 are approved, entries 99+ are on the waiting list.
Friday: Entries 1- 92 are approved, entries 93+ are on the waiting list.

Why the difference between Thursday and Friday? We currently have 75 full spaces total; the spaces are divided up into Full and Half spaces as requested. There were more half space requests on Thursday than on Friday.

Please note: due to the overwhelming demand for Swap Meet space, we may need to make an executive decision on your space size when you check in. If it appears when you check in that you only have goods for a half space, we will downgrade you to a half space so that people on the waiting list will have a chance to get in.

Due to cancellations, no-shows, and space evaluations it is likely that some people on the Waiting List will make it in.

A full space is approximately 10 feet wide x 10 feet deep, and a half space is 5 feet wide x 10 feet deep.

If you know that you will likely only need a half space, but are listed as a full space, please send us an e-mail at [email protected] so we can adjust your request and allow more people to participate.

Thanks everyone!

Kyra_Maverick

We need a seller's permit this year? The same ones the folks in the Artist's Alley need?

They weren't required last year, may I ask why that has changed this year?

Also, do we have to sign up for Thursday as well, or just Friday?

Do we need to be registered or have the permit before we can sign up? Or can we sign up and supply that information later?

Sorry for so many questions...

(Also, Sailor Moon love!)

angeljibrille

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on February 22, 2010, 09:16:09 PM
We need a seller's permit this year? The same ones the folks in the Artist's Alley need?

They weren't required last year, may I ask why that has changed this year?

Also, do we have to sign up for Thursday as well, or just Friday?

Do we need to be registered or have the permit before we can sign up? Or can we sign up and supply that information later?

Sorry for so many questions...

(Also, Sailor Moon love!)

I messed up :) no permit required (I finally found the rules). I am probably going to do signups for both days though...  Rules will be posted in a few days :D

Thanks!

Kyra_Maverick

Lizchan33

This is great to know Thanks for the prompt update! :D

LiL Moon

Question: When you say no bootlegs, what exactly does that mean like ripped off copies of say DVDs, CDs, etc? Cause I have some posters and plushies that aren't officially licensed by any company, but they aren't copies of existing items so are those ok?

angeljibrille

Quote from: LiL Moon on February 27, 2010, 09:22:04 PM
Question: When you say no bootlegs, what exactly does that mean like ripped off copies of say DVDs, CDs, etc? Cause I have some posters and plushies that aren't officially licensed by any company, but they aren't copies of existing items so are those ok?

No, these are not OK, they are the very definition of what Fanime prohibits. Only officially licensed items are allowed; that's Fanime policy and it has been since long before I started staffing and will be true long after I'm gone. Fanime has a very strict anti-bootleg policy. Sorry!

Touya no Miko

One question: Is it okay to sell old cosplay outfits?
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

angeljibrille

DayDreamerNessa

when do we pay for the swap meet- when we register tonight or @ the con? if i remember correctly we must pay money in order to get a space~? And also do you know how much it costs? thanks!!
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

Touya no Miko

Quote from: DayDreamerNessa on March 01, 2010, 04:54:21 PM
when do we pay for the swap meet- when we register tonight or @ the con? if i remember correctly we must pay money in order to get a space~? And also do you know how much it costs? thanks!!

I believe it's when we get to the con. That's what I did last year.
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

Lady_Hoshi

I'm just a little concerned cause the link says it's anime-online and not fanime.  I just entered a lot of mine personal info.
Fanime Con 2015 Cosplay:
Fri: Unknown
Sat: Unknown
Sat. night: Panda kigurumi
Sun: Queen Nehelenia (Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon)
Mon: Unknown

angeljibrille

Quote from: Lady_Hoshi on March 02, 2010, 12:16:02 AM
I'm just a little concerned cause the link says it's anime-online and not fanime.  I just entered a lot of mine personal info.

Hi there :)

Yeah, sorry, Fanime doesn't sponsor a database for me, so I host it at anime-online.com (which I own). I'm also the Masquerade coordinator, and I've been using my site for Masquerade registrations for the past 5 years. I promise it will not go past use for Fanime, and I delete it every year after the convention has ended.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Marisa

Tony

That's correct; Marisa is using her own web resources for Fanime - for both masquerade and swapmeet. No need to worry - but great catch! Keep those eyes peeled.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

prototypem

If we pre-registered, how long will ours spots be held for? I usually don't get off work until 7 so it might take me a while to get to the convention.

angeljibrille

Quote from: prototypem on March 02, 2010, 08:32:23 PM
If we pre-registered, how long will ours spots be held for? I usually don't get off work until 7 so it might take me a while to get to the convention.

We seat everyone in the pre-reg line first. After that line goes away, we start from the waiting list line, then anyone else. So, it takes a bit to seat everyone. We try to start at 8:00pm, but we will be seating people from the WL line until 9:30pm. After that, you are out of luck.

animefreak4o8

this is my first time signing up for the swap meet  ^o^
how many full spaces r there?
can i sell my wii and other wii games?? o_o?

Kyra_Maverick

Quote from: animefreak4o8 on March 03, 2010, 11:43:37 PM
this is my first time signing up for the swap meet  ^o^
how many full spaces r there?
can i sell my wii and other wii games?? o_o?
I've sold video games and systems with no problems last year, so you should be fine on that front.

As for spaces available, I believe the sign up website said there were 40 full spaces and 20 half spaces.

animefreak4o8

thank u :)
oh yea one more question
what is the 2 lines for pre registered for swap meet n waiting list??

warbearer

Is it too late to get a space for thursday and friday when I pre-registered today?