Swap Meet Information plus Q&A! FINAL UPDATE *PLEASE LOCK*

Started by angeljibrille, February 22, 2010, 02:13:14 PM

h-chan

Quote from: angeljibrille on April 25, 2010, 12:27:58 AM
Quote from: FanFicGuru on March 25, 2010, 04:05:15 PM
Last year I don't recall their being a sign up for Thursday and I did the at-the-door registration. Does this mean that chances of at the door registration for Thusrday's swap meet will be much slimmer this year?

There is no at-the-door registration this year due to the overwhelming pre-reg demand. Sorry :(

Okay, to be clear because the answer seems to have changed...
I am NOT pre-reg or on the waiting list, but it is ok for me to show up thursday and try to get an open spot if there happens to be one?

h-chan

Should I not be able to get in thusday since I'm not on the list, does anyone that have a full spot on friday, that only needs a half spot now? Or in other words, does someone have a full spot they can share with me thurs or friday? I really need to unload this stuff.

Prima Narcissus

This might sound silly, but are we allowed to have balloons at our selling space?

Thanks ^_^;;

Kyra_Maverick

Quote from: Prima Narcissus on May 19, 2010, 05:38:48 PM
This might sound silly, but are we allowed to have balloons at our selling space?

Thanks ^_^;;
I know the folks in Artist Alley aren't allowed to have balloons, so I would assume the same goes for Swap Meet

Prima Narcissus

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on May 19, 2010, 05:59:06 PM

Thanks ^_^;;
I know the folks in Artist Alley aren't allowed to have balloons, so I would assume the same goes for Swap Meet

Ok. No balloons for me then.

Thanks for responding so quickly! :)

Tony

I don't believe the facilities allow balloons anywhere inside the convention center. Please leave them at home.  :)
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

FanFicGuru

Quote from: Tony on May 19, 2010, 09:54:21 PM
I don't believe the facilities allow balloons anywhere inside the convention center. Please leave them at home.  :)

But...BALLOONS?! *makes pouty kid face+bambi eyes*

@h-chan: People who did not pre reg for a swap meet space/are not on the waiting list are on the very bottom of the pile and THEORETICALLY if somehow swap meet staff make it all the way through the main list + the wait list and the 75 spaces aren't filled, anyone who is interested in selling, who has the proper paperwork/ID and is waiting for a spot MAY get one. Again, I'd wait for Angel's word on this, but from my understanding they won't let swap meet spots sit empty if they get through the main list and the wait list and there are still spots open.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Tony

Quote from: FanFicGuru on May 20, 2010, 11:20:39 AM
The facilities will do to balloons what they did to Bambi's mom.
ಠ_ಠ
And then they'll charge you for the cleanup.
ಠ_ಠ

... we live in terrible times...
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

FanFicGuru

Quote from: Tony on May 20, 2010, 02:46:19 PM
The facilities will do to balloons what they did to Bambi's mom.
ಠ_ಠ
And then they'll charge you for the cleanup.
ಠ_ಠ

Terrible times indeed.
... we live in terrible times...
Swap meet staff - 2014

otakuapprentice

Will the swap meet on thursday night be open to everyone like it was last year, or will it be only to people with pre-regged badges?
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

alanna_lioness

Can we bring plastic drawer containers for items to be in? Like this for example: http://www.stacksandstacks.com/images/product/reg-10890.jpg

.::midnight.maiden::.

Quote from: otakuapprentice on May 21, 2010, 08:47:11 PM
Will the swap meet on thursday night be open to everyone like it was last year, or will it be only to people with pre-regged badges?
I'm pretty sure Swap Meet will be open to the public again like last year. Correct me if I am wrong. ???
Fanime Attendee - 2007, 2009-
Fanime Staff - 2008(Panels)
AOD - 2011-

yotsuba

Quote from: .::midnight.maiden::. on May 24, 2010, 04:15:27 PM
I'm pretty sure Swap Meet will be open to the public again like last year. Correct me if I am wrong. ???

I'm curious about this too... =O

angeljibrille

Thanks ^_^;;

No. Sorry!

angeljibrille

@h-chan: People who did not pre reg for a swap meet space/are not on the waiting list are on the very bottom of the pile and THEORETICALLY if somehow swap meet staff make it all the way through the main list + the wait list and the 75 spaces aren't filled, anyone who is interested in selling, who has the proper paperwork/ID and is waiting for a spot MAY get one. Again, I'd wait for Angel's word on this, but from my understanding they won't let swap meet spots sit empty if they get through the main list and the wait list and there are still spots open.

We are definitely going to do this on Thursday, but it's unlikely we will be able to fill all of the people on the waiting list on Friday (it's like .... 90 people).

angeljibrille

Err.  Probably everyone >.<  You know, this is more of a con thing and not a me thing, so I don't really have a 100% answer -- so just TRY to make it in, it's probably not a huge deal.

Friday we are definitely checking all badges.

angeljibrille

Quote from: alanna_lioness on May 22, 2010, 01:47:45 PM
Can we bring plastic drawer containers for items to be in? Like this for example: http://www.stacksandstacks.com/images/product/reg-10890.jpg

No. Sorry!

Note to all:

You can bring:
A blanket, your boxes for your items, and a folding chair for people who can't sit on the floor. That's it. This isn't a dealer's room.

Use your boxes wisely. If you go to the comic book store and buy some long boxes, you can use the lids to display items and you can flip over the boxes and use those to set things on. Or set things on empty boxes. The boxes ARE your best resource.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: angeljibrille on May 25, 2010, 10:40:07 AM
Quote from: alanna_lioness on May 22, 2010, 01:47:45 PM

No. Sorry!

Note to all:

You can bring:
A blanket, your boxes for your items, and a folding chair for people who can't sit on the floor. That's it. This isn't a dealer's room.

Use your boxes wisely. If you go to the comic book store and buy some long boxes, you can use the lids to display items and you can flip over the boxes and use those to set things on. Or set things on empty boxes. The boxes ARE your best resource.

What about a suitcase? Or are boxes the only proper mode of transportation for our goods?
Swap meet staff - 2014

Eurobeat King

Quote from: FanFicGuru on May 25, 2010, 11:08:24 AM
What about a suitcase? Or are boxes the only proper mode of transportation for our goods?

I believe suitcases are fine.  I've been bringing in suitcases each time, and they're just the carry-on luggage size.  Last year I brought a big one in to hold my manga, but since those didn't sell I'm not bringing that this year.

It's much easier to pull a suitcase (with wheels) full of comics & items than it is to carry them.. oofah!
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

angeljibrille

Quote from: FanFicGuru on May 25, 2010, 11:08:24 AM

Suitcases are fine, as long as they are easily opened for our staff to inspect before we place you in a spot.

However, if you have adult material -- I do require a box, with a lid.

Thanks!