I am new to fanime, never been there before, but loves anime for my whole life

Started by Zexion, February 22, 2010, 07:39:30 PM

Zexion

Well thanks everyone.
I will be sure to check those things out
I will most likely be wearing a plaid blue and black shirt
So, if you see me, say hi.
:)
Also, should I bring a backpack or something to bring all my things in?
Where is the best place to go first when I get there?

iNSOMNiAC

If you plan on carrying a good amount of things (more than what'll fit in pockets) then a backpack is a good idea.
As for where to go first, its entirely up to you. If you're into gaming at all, then the Gaming Hall would be a great first place to visit. You'd have a hard time not meeting people there, especially if you take part in console gaming. Other than that, just roaming the hallways is an easy way to mingle, as long as you're approachable enough.
Good luck and have fun!

michiko nakano

Quote from: Zexion on February 23, 2010, 06:33:49 PM
Well thanks everyone.
I will be sure to check those things out
I will most likely be wearing a plaid blue and black shirt
So, if you see me, say hi.
Also, should I bring a backpack or something to bring all my things in?
Where is the best place to go first when I get there?
wait wait wait, you'll be in a hotel room right?  and you'll have more than just that one shirt?

leslie

Hey Zexion,
I'm pretty new to the fanime forums and this is my first fanime too so no worries you're not alone. ;)
Do you happen to have any type of instant messaging like AIM??
"Vodka means water in Russian, you know."

Jerry

Quote from: michiko nakano on February 23, 2010, 11:39:00 PM
wait wait wait, you'll be in a hotel room right?  and you'll have more than just that one shirt?

looks like Zexion is looking for a room- he posted in the roommate thread.

even if you cant make an appearance until actual Con time - just open up random topics - or start a discussion so ppl can better get acquainted with you.

otherwise the new kid with the mysterious past- and no one has seen your face- is an interesting gimmick too  8)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Boba

Welcome to Fanime[forums]! If you have any questions- ANY questions at all- Feel free to ask me and I shall go ask someone else for you. ^_^ But you're a orig... never met a shy guy that takes pictures of himself shirtless to post of forums. BUUUUUUT hello! ^_^
Add my @live.com email on Faceboooook! 0:

michiko nakano

Well his face isn't showing, so maybe he feels secure even though his shirts off.  Hell if i had to take a picture with my shirt off i'd cover my face too.

Kertus

I agree with everything Jerry has said in all 3 threads.
Enough said. lol
Mario '06. Sven '08. Jared '09. Gai '10. Cobra '11. Kenji '12. Spike '13.
irc.rizon.net #fanime Click here to connect to IRC

Zexion

Haha, yes, I am a mysterious man until you see my face
:D
Hope to see all of you there

leslie

Quote from: michiko nakano on February 24, 2010, 07:11:32 PM
Well his face isn't showing, so maybe he feels secure even though his shirts off.  Hell if i had to take a picture with my shirt off i'd cover my face too.

For some reason that made me chuckle, but I'm not sure why. Lol  ;D
"Vodka means water in Russian, you know."

Jerry

Quote from: michiko nakano on February 24, 2010, 07:11:32 PM
Well his face isn't showing, so maybe he feels secure even though his shirts off.  Hell if i had to take a picture with my shirt off i'd cover my face too.

great, thanks alot for the mental image now Michi - you have single handedly corrupted this pure and easy go lucky soul. ;)

besides, for me anyway I think I connect better by seeing a person's face rather than a [altough good looking] shirtless body.
if i wanted to look a shirtless body with no face I might as well look at a mannequin torso:

all joking aside - personality is a big thing for most of the Con goers/posters here - sure good looks and a mysterious persona is great... but the gimmick can only last so long... remember this is in the internet.

popular things changes more than a baby with an over active bladder.  :-X

michiko nakano

Silly mannequins... those fools ain't got no balls...

yeah, Zexion (cool name, sounds like a... like a cyborg rockstar or something) if you wanna keep this thread goin, lets all talk about what animes you like or what nerdy skills you have or what you're looking forward to doing at con once you meet people.

Jerry

i thought zexion was one of the emo kids from organization xiii

he was one of the easier bosses in KH:Com.

michiko nakano

well i'm sure you're correct, lol... i was just saying what it sounds like, to me, who doesn't know anything about org 13

Jerry

organization 13 was a group of bishies [and i think a girl or two somewhere in there] out to get Sora and friends in the game Kingdom Hearts: Chain of memories.

memories are a funny thing---

like that one time in band camp.  ;)

michiko nakano

Jerry

michiko nakano

SirVincent

OK a little more back on track. I was where you are now last year, so I started a gathering to get all the lone con-goers together. Anyway it half work but i think it will work much better this year  as I know what I'm doing now and I now know that most people are not there on Thursday. But the ones that got to meet up with me we had a really good time for the most part. oh side note just because were at fanime dose not mean we play D&D and just because we are to nice to tell you to @#$%up dose not mean that we would like to hear about how to kill a dragon with a 1000 peons and a ladder for 3 hours(not talking about you guy in chopper hat)!!! Anyway as the con gets closer I will start pulling people together with real place to meet and things to do.

Good luck and have a happy con
Some times you have to get away for it all and other times you must get back to it all.