I am new to fanime, never been there before, but loves anime for my whole life

Started by Zexion, February 22, 2010, 07:39:30 PM

Zero_Kirby

PyronIkari

Quote from: Zexion on February 22, 2010, 07:39:30 PM
I don't know what I would do once I get there
I am a shy person, I cant just go up to people and start talking
>.<
How do I meet new people and make friends here?

I didn't want to reply to this, but for some reason felt I should.

I see... two possibilities of this. Either, you're trying to look for girls to hook up with, which is with the obvious "flattering" picture of yourself as an avatar and in the thread, instead of a real pic of yourself.

or you're an extremely pathetic person with very little social skills in general.

There's a 3rd possibility, but that's just a combination of the both.

Anyways. If you want to make friends, not just have people pity you, acting like a really really really really pathetic desperate loser isn't the way to go. Yes, people in this thread are replying to you, but that's either because they think you're hot... or pity you for the most part. You purposely went out of your way to set up that you're loser and have no friends, and that you'll be alone.

Stop being pathetic, and maybe people will actually like you for you. Banding together with people because you all think you're losers, really isn't productive... that's just misery loving company.

Jerry

if anything I'm a bit confused why you have 3 threads in this sub forum.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

michiko nakano

Quote from: PyronIkari on March 01, 2010, 11:58:03 AM
>.<

I see... two possibilities of this. Either, you're trying to look for girls to hook up with, which is with the obvious "flattering" picture of yourself as an avatar and in the thread, instead of a real pic of yourself.

or you're an extremely pathetic person with very little social skills in general.

Anyways. If you want to make friends, not just have people pity you, acting like a really really really really pathetic desperate loser isn't the way to go. Yes, people in this thread are replying to you, but that's either because they think you're hot... or pity you for the most part. You purposely went out of your way to set up that you're loser and have no friends, and that you'll be alone.

Stop being pathetic, and maybe people will actually like you for you. Banding together with people because you all think you're losers, really isn't productive... that's just misery loving company.
Do NOT talk like that to Zexion.  He's got a right to post a thread like this if he wants to, and he's already made friends from it.  It seems harmless enough, so just let it be.  I would appreciate it if you would keep your negative opinions to yourself.

PyronIkari

Quote from: michiko nakano on March 01, 2010, 05:21:20 PM
Do NOT talk like that to Zexion.  He's got a right to post a thread like this if he wants to, and he's already made friends from it.  It seems harmless enough, so just let it be.  I would appreciate it if you would keep your negative opinions to yourself.

No, I think I will talk to Zexion like that. He's got a right to post a thread like this if he wants to, and I have a right to reply to it if I want to.

Well seeing the amount of threads he's made, and how he's replying. I almost think it's a troll. I'm going to give the poster the benefit of the doubt and say it's not a troll, but I will offer up some advice as to some things, and to make it apparent as to how he's posting.

If you don't agree with me, that's fine, but keep in mind, you know nothing about Zexion. You're merely believing everything that was posted to heart, and don't even question how shady his posts have been up to this point.

I know this forum encourages meeting people and stuff like that (as I do myself), but it doesn't mean you can't be weary of people, and it also doesn't mean you shouldn't question people. How he's acting is very suspicious, as I said, or of someone that is helplessly anti-social. If it is the latter, my post pointed him in a direction to where he shouldn't be so creepy/pathetic. That's something that will help in the future, because acting desperate makes you... well... look desperate. It may work with other socially inept people, but outside in the real world, it doesn't.

PS: the irony of you acting in the exact way you're accusing me of being isn't even funny. It's just kinda... sad.

Mizuki

I'm on hiatus, check my email to see this crap? Good lord, grow up guys, stop white knighting people you probably have never met, and don't know, and Pyron, even though you may have valid points, tone it down a just a tad. And to the OP stop cluttering my section of the board with the same thread over and over again, just because they don't respond the first time, doesn't mean they'll respond to a 2nd thread. This is a warning to the op, don't pull that stuff again. I don't like attention whores.

Zexion

Eh, you're right, I shouldn't of posted more than one thread, I am sorry.

And to Pyron-
I will not engage in this slander, for I see that all you want is attention for it.
You know nothing about me, and all you're doing is making accusations based on a post, now really, who here between us is the pathetic one?
No, I am not looking for a date, because if I was, it would be long distance, and I do not do long distance relationships.
Isn't it only human nature anyways to be looking for a mate? So why just accuse me of this horrendous crime of basic instinct?
Self pit? Not in the least. I am shy, but so are thousands of other people out in the world, what's your point?
Quite an accusation calling nearly all shy people self pity, for all I seek is friendship.
Now though, you make evidence that you are the one who is indeed the one who should have pity upon, causing torment to those who try to be open about themselves.
^_^

Anyways, thanks for everyone who replied (nicely).

mDuo13

Man, Mikey, you're so predictable. I quit checking the forums for months, come back and spot a typical "bait" thread and sure enough, within 2 pages you're wasting your time calling out the OP for being a loser/fool/troll. Don't  you get tired of doing this stuff?

michiko nakano

Quote from: mDuo13 on March 08, 2010, 11:35:52 PM
Man, Mikey, you're so predictable. I quit checking the forums for months, come back and spot a typical "bait" thread and sure enough, within 2 pages you're wasting your time calling out the OP for being a loser/fool/troll. Don't  you get tired of doing this stuff?
I don't think he gets tired of it, I think he feeds off it.  lol.

Zexion, maybe threading isn't the best way to go about this.  consider using pm's, perhaps?

Jerry

Quote from: michiko nakano on March 09, 2010, 09:50:59 AM
I don't think he gets tired of it, I think he feeds off it.  lol.

Zexion, maybe threading isn't the best way to go about this.  consider using pm's, perhaps?

Thats what I've been saying - :P  then again what do I know... Like anyone PMs me on the boards...    ;)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

lady_tomoko

yea, i think that PMs might be the best way to go about this.Also, you could hangout with my friends and I at the con; we are trying to branch out and make new friends too^-^.PM me if you are interested.

Mizuki

PM's are totally not always needed in times of altercations. I prefer the "post out in the open, as long as it follows forum regulations" route myself.

michiko nakano

RikuCosplayer

Greetings Zexion! This is RikuCosplayer in the Fanime forums
here, and I read this whole thread you made. And my word,
did alot of people reply to your thread! lol Iam a shy person
to in rl, and also do not have barly any friends near where I
live. I only have online friends, and the ones here on Fanime
forums. So I know how you feel about being shy and not
having friends for a long while. Yes, it does hurt. But sometimes
finding online friends who live near you or far away from you can
be really helpful if your anti-social, like iam. xD

And I have experienced online trolling and flamming before. Ive
had it happend to me alot on a different site. >w>; Yes, some people
can be rude and mean to others, and tend to pick on the innocent,
shy, useless, helpless, emo, anti-social people. I say not to associate
with those kind of people because they bring more drama to you, and
especially in forums like these. Sorry if this is like, two paragraphs long
but I wanted to point this out to the Pyron person.

Anyways! I'd be more then happy to be friends with you Zexion! And
if you want, you can join my Kingdom Hearts gathering here at the
Fanime forums! Im orginizing one along with the help of a friend.
So I will be glad to put you on the list!^^You kinda reminded me of
myself, so thats why I posted here. Heh. Its very nice to meet you
hun, and I hope things will get better here at the Fanime forums for
you. Hang with me and my KH group, and you will have plenty of
Kingdom Hearts cosplaying friends! :3

If you have any questions about my gathering, PM me, and
I will certianly anwser them for you. Hope to see you at the
Fanime con!-Wink- ;) And hello to everyone in these forums!^^

<3 Riku
~Current Cosplays~ ~%Progress~

KH2 Riku: 100% Finished!
Alois Trancy: 100% Finished!

~Cons Attended~   ~Cons Attending~

-Yaoi Con 2009          Fanime 2012
-Fanime Con 2010
-Sac Anime Con 2010
-Fanime Con 2011 

I<3 Sora & Ciel Phantomhiv

RikuCosplayer

-Fanime Con 2010
-Sac Anime Con 2010
-Fanime Con 2011 

RikuCosplayer

Quote from: PyronIkari on March 01, 2010, 11:58:03 AM
>.<

Okay I have something to say to this person...
How do you know if that isn't a real picture of him or not?
And just because you have anti-social skills doesn't make
you pathetic. Alot of people have it, even me! So its not
really their fault. =w=;

And just because you want to make friends, or don't have
any friends, doesn't mean your a pathetic, desprate loser.
It just means you want to connect with the people around
the world, and want to open up and show who you truly are!
And he is actually trying to make people open up to him, so
he can actually communicate with the world and make friends.
So that doesn't make you desperate for doing that...

Why wouldn't he go out of his way to make this thread? He
had a good reason for doing it, maybe because of what you THINK.
So get a clue, stop nagging at new commers of Fanime forums, just
because it makes you look good or feel good, because seriously, it
doesn't make others feel good. Your only hurting yourself and
making people around here hating you...

Sorry about that Zexy, he has no right to come here
and insult you. -Hugs- Just ignore people like him kay? :3

-Fanime Con 2010
-Sac Anime Con 2010
-Fanime Con 2011 

PyronIkari

Oh man this is going to be long...
Quote from: Zexion on March 08, 2010, 10:28:15 PM
And to Pyron-
I will not engage in this slander, for I see that all you want is attention for it.
You know nothing about me, and all you're doing is making accusations based on a post, now really, who here between us is the pathetic one?
No, I am not looking for a date, because if I was, it would be long distance, and I do not do long distance relationships.
Isn't it only human nature anyways to be looking for a mate? So why just accuse me of this horrendous crime of basic instinct?
Self pit? Not in the least. I am shy, but so are thousands of other people out in the world, what's your point?
Quite an accusation calling nearly all shy people self pity, for all I seek is friendship.
Now though, you make evidence that you are the one who is indeed the one who should have pity upon, causing torment to those who try to be open about themselves.
It's not slander, slander is spoken. I'll just point out the irony from the get go. You're doing what you accuse me of doing, only yours is baseless, because I point out actual reasoning towards you, while you just claim it... because I'm pointing out reasons towards you.

You're incorrect, I do know things about you, just not on an extremely personal level, nor in detail. I know what you have shown on these forums, which actually ads to my point. People don't know much about you. Human reasoning should automatically be careful about things that are unknown. Things that are so openly suspicious, should be treated as suspicious. Sure, there is a chance that you are everything you said, and everything is all cut and dry happy happy. There's a chance that it isn't... Excuse me for being suspicious about someone who posts a picture like that, and then asks to meet people, on a forum that may contain young teenage girls. I'm pretty open, but even to me that's rather suspicious.

It's human nature to want to make friends, however there are ways to do that. How you go about it is not a normal way, nor is it a smart way.

Michiko Nakano: I'm going to say this as politely as possible. You really need to learn to get over yourself and stop acting like anything that can be taken negatively is bad. If you had any clue what I posted, you would realize on many different levels as to why I did it. And this may or may not offend you, but stuff like this doesn't cut it in the real world. Acting like how the OP does only works in social circles where people are socially inept and have to band together because they refuse to accept how the rest of the world acts. Had he posted how he did in almost any "normal" forum or community, he would have been actually flamed and at a degree hundreds of times anything I have come close to saying anywhere on these forums. If he wants to make friends, that's fine, he should learn how to do so without coming off as a potential pedo/socially inept kid/attention whore. He most certainly did that, and seeing that this forum is filled with under-aged members, I think I was justified in pointing that out.

RikuCosplayer: One... don't multi post. Put everything you want to reply with in one post.

QuoteAnd I have experienced online trolling and flamming before. Ive
had it happend to me alot on a different site. >w>; Yes, some people
can be rude and mean to others, and tend to pick on the innocent,
shy, useless, helpless, emo, anti-social people. I say not to associate
with those kind of people because they bring more drama to you, and
especially in forums like these. Sorry if this is like, two paragraphs long
but I wanted to point this out to the Pyron person.
Here's some advice for you. Stop blaming how you are on others, and stop just accepting that you're shy/useless/helpless/emo/anti-social. And the fact that you say innocent is laughable. Try attempting to be more socially and stop using anti-social like a crutch. Although it's easier to band together with socially inept people and blame everyone else for your problems, eventually you really need to come to terms that the rest of the world isn't wrong, and the majority of the problem is within you... and thusly solvable by you. The rest of the world doesn't hate you because you like anime, or are nerdy. You're not abnormal for liking the hobbies you do, you're abnormal because you're abnormal. You can like anime, and be nerdy, and play games, and still fit into normal society. The majority of staff are normal people with normal jobs and normal social lives and they run an anime convention. Take a look at them for a second and realize, they're not mutually exclusive. Society will accept you when you accept society and attempt to fit in.

As for your post directed towards me. How do I know? I don't. How do you know that is him? How do you know that is his motive? You don't either. You're making excuses and you're doing exactly what I explained in the prior paragraph. There are socially acceptable ways to do things, and their are unacceptable ways to do things. There's others on this forum that know this as well. People who wanted to make meetups and gatherings where no one showed up. No one showed up because they came off as incredibly creepy and overbearing. Or they came off as incredibly desperate and needy.

Then you think you're in the position to point out standards of living to me by stating that I'm only hurting myself by doing this. Yes. I am hurting myself by taking the time to point out things to you people, both readers and posters. I'm hurting myself by stating that if you want to make friends, you shouldn't do it by acting weak and desperate, because that's a turn off to people. I'm completely hurting myself by showing you how you can improve yourself and your outlook on things so that you might stop being anti-social and understand why the world sees and treats you like you do, and how you can get out of that.

Yes, you are right.

michiko nakano

mikey, why do you feel the need to flame everyone?  let us wallow in our flaws, if that's what you think we're doing. 

PyronIkari

Quote from: michiko nakano on April 08, 2010, 11:53:45 PM
mikey, why do you feel the need to flame everyone?  let us wallow in our flaws, if that's what you think we're doing. 

Please learn what a flame is. A flame is a pointless attack on a person with no reason other than to rile them up.

Why do I feel the need to do what I do? Because I hate it when people complain or blame things for their own shortcomings or faults in a public forum that I belong to on subject matters. I can also reroute it to, "people like you(general term) give my hobby a bad name" to allow it to be for a selfish reason.

You're free to not listen to me, and you're free to continue to act however you want, but it is part of my concern because it's in my presence and I feel a need to address it, in a horrid attempt that maybe you'll learn something and try and better yourself... and stop covering your ears and start attempting to address the problem, or... you'll leave and stop giving my hobby a bad name.