Nostalgia Room

Started by the otaku god, February 23, 2010, 05:50:55 PM

the otaku god

well cause of you old school otakus this room was made. so with that said we want to keep this going on for years to come. so with that said please tell me what you guys want to see. this is how I would like it put out there since it will help me out alot:

70's and under

80's

90's

that easy my friend also give me names of what it called so it helps me locate this great ser that helped pave the way for us all enjoy the anime we see today.
is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? is it like the hand of god hovering above? at least it is true that man has no control, even over his own destiny.

DarkFujin

70's: Space Pirate Captain Harlock

Elimeno

Original Macross (no robotech)

and

Original Fist of the North Star

I'll probably think of more as the day goes on
Know much about purgatory? It's the world we live in now, and Halloween is the day a damned soul in purgatory can be released into heaven, if he prays hard enough. Say your prayers. - Vincent Volaju

Kyra_Maverick

Lupin the Third, anyone?

Also, City Hunter for the '80s glory

Dany

Quote from: DarkFujin on February 25, 2010, 09:10:20 AM
70's: Space Pirate Captain Harlock

Seconding this and any Masumoto items (Galaxy Express, Space Battleship Yamato, etc.)

How far back do you have access to?

As for suggestions/requests, these are a combination of me and hubby (though his old skool anime memory trumps mine tenfold):

Golion, Tiger Man, Daitarn 3, Kimagure Orange Road, Ogon Bat, Devilman, Babiru Ni-Sei, Cyborg 009, Rose of Versailles, Mazinger, and Cat's Eye.
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

BrightHeart76

I still think every anime fan should watch Fushigi Yugi...but that's me.  Ranma 1/2 is another classic that should be shared.  Neither is super classic, but aged enough that newer fans don't see them.  

Just my 2 cents.

Oh...I almost feel like I should mention The Last Unicorn.  It's kind of an anime.  It's Rankin Bass..but it was animated by Topcraft.  It's one of those movies I always thought was an anime until I realized it was originally in English. 
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Eliteslayer

90's

Okay, I'm gonna say it. Pokemon. The first season stuff, back from the days of the Red and Blue games. You know people love the nostalgia value Pokemon has.

Also, I'll second BrightHeart's suggestion for Ranma 1/2, if just for the sake of shamelessly plugging my Abridged Series of it to advertise for my panel on abridged series. And cuz Ranma 1/2 is a good anime.
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

VanessaAyukawa

Urusei Yatsura, PLEASE. OMG, best series ever. That and Kimagure Orange Road.

Knightfire

Transformers Masterforce?

The Original Mobile Suit Gundam

Space Adventure Cobra
Starting work for Fanime 2011

Mimirinpro

90's

Pokemon, Dragonball, Digimon. English dubs. Thats what tugs on the nostalgia in our hearts.

80's

The Transformers, original. Maybe some G.I. Joe.

Also, Cutey Honey, any and/or all of them. Maybe some old Tatsunoko too!

SukebeStudios

Nostalgia Critic Marathon. 'Nuff said.

the otaku god

well this year we will be showing his stuff but just 2 to 3 hrs at 1st this year. if its a hit like avgn then will push for a longer slot. i was thinking of showing him for filler though in between stuff after 8pm or so. will see but im a fan and you will see him this year on our big screen. if you want spread the word on there forumes and let them know fanimecon video rooms supports them!
is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? is it like the hand of god hovering above? at least it is true that man has no control, even over his own destiny.

CabbitJay

80's

They were 11

90's

Slayers or Slayers Next

Mimirinpro

How about some Tatsunoko? Science Ninja Team Gatchaman, Mighty Warrior Gold Lightan?

the otaku god

keep the sugestions comming. my schedule is due soon and need more classic stuff from the 80's and past please. thanks!

Moonblossom

I agree with the previous suggestions of Fushigi Yuugi, Kimagure Orange Road and Ranma 1/2

Maybe also El Hazard for a 90s suggestion.

Dany

Quote from: the otaku god on April 12, 2010, 09:47:06 AM
keep the sugestions comming. my schedule is due soon and need more classic stuff from the 80's and past please. thanks!

Doraemon...that's about late 70's/early 80's right? May be disturbingly kid-centric but who doesn't want to visit their inner kid every once in a while? :)
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

Barnes

Gunbuster
Leda: Yohko
Eva (tv series marathon?)
80s Miyazaki films
M.D. Geist  :D
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Kyra_Maverick

My long shot request: Cat's Eye

DentyneIce408

80's - Ronin Warriors
90's - Yu Yu Hakusho

- Shall I leave my mark whether it's good or bad?
- As long as people remember me famous or infamous,
- I  will remain and roam in this world Alive or Dead.