FanimeCon 2020 Forums

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: The Golden Fleece  (Read 3735 times)

Elimeno

• Steel Angel Post
    • View Profile
The Golden Fleece
« on: February 25, 2010, 09:13:03 AM »

Everyone has just one thing that they absolutely *need* with all of their soul when they walk into the dealers room; something that if they don't have it there you'd cry (or go on an epic journey :P) mine this year is this http://www.hlj.com/product/AOS08761

what about you guys?
Know much about purgatory? It's the world we live in now, and Halloween is the day a damned soul in purgatory can be released into heaven, if he prays hard enough. Say your prayers. - Vincent Volaju

Knightfire

• Steel Angel Post
  • I dig giant robots
    • View Profile
Re: The Golden Fleece
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 01:28:12 PM »

I'm actually trying not to spend too much at Fanime this year (consequence of saving up for new equipment) however there are always several choice items that will make me consider otherwise.

http://www.hlj.com/product/MAX04117

http://www.hlj.com/product/KBYMK-83 (rest of the marvel figures, too)

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK10885&mode=retail

Starting work for Fanime 2011

LordMoufMouf

• Maria-sama ga Post
  • The Ballet Sebastian! Princess Tutu too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 11:46:34 AM »

A cheap Lolita skirt.

michiko nakano

• Onegai Post
  • yours truly, the elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 06:27:29 PM »

my friend was in desparate need of plain white gloves last year...

you know what would sell really really well?  top hats.

Rodney_Pheonix

• Steel Angel Post
  • Live Life, Start Chaos.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 05:34:51 AM »

Top hats probably would sell like wildfire at any anime convention.

Back to the topic at hand, my golden fleece currently would probably be full sized replicas of all the weapons used in Higurashi.
Personal FanimeCon 2015 Fund: ?/?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?
HL2 Combine (concept art trenchcoat one)
Something something....no idea yet.

AngelWings

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 11:18:02 PM »

I would adore finding stuff for Shamanic Princess but that's never going to happen. But if I could find a Sailor Jupiter plushie it would be an amazing gift for a friend!!!!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 11:23:10 PM by AngelWings »

Nina Star 9

• Post in the Shell: SAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 11:33:02 AM »

A cheap Lolita skirt.
You might have better luck in the Artist's Alley than in the Dealer's room, since all you will find in the Dealer's room is probably either brand (expensive) or overpriced, poor-quality things. Maybe one of the artists will be selling skirts for relatively inexpensive.

I would love some sort of merch from one of my favourite series... which aren't very popular and don't have a lot of merch anyway. (And are a little older, but not old enough to have the nostalgia factor.) Once I saw a poster from Kino no Tabi, but I don't like posters and it was from before I liked the series, anyway. :<

I will also scour all the booths with music CDs for more Amano Tsukiko CDs. I doubt I'll find what I'm looking for, but I did get lucky one year and find one of her albums.

Elimeno

• Steel Angel Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 11:45:55 AM »

I will also scour all the booths with music CDs for more Amano Tsukiko CDs. I doubt I'll find what I'm looking for, but I did get lucky one year and find one of her albums.

Oh gawd yes, the amount of CD's that arent there disgusts me.  DEALERS BRING MORE MUSIC! bah!
Know much about purgatory? It's the world we live in now, and Halloween is the day a damned soul in purgatory can be released into heaven, if he prays hard enough. Say your prayers. - Vincent Volaju

LastExile

• Inu-Posta
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 03:10:47 PM »

I would LOVE to find some art supplies there, as in Copic markers.
Last year, if there was a booth with art stuff, I could not find it.
I think I'll die a little inside if there isn't one this year.

Elimeno

• Steel Angel Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 03:27:11 PM »

I would LOVE to find some art supplies there, as in Copic markers.
Last year, if there was a booth with art stuff, I could not find it.
I think I'll die a little inside if there isn't one this year.

actually, if you're looking for copics hit up the artist alley, I've seen a few tables selling overstock etc.  as for Dealers that sell supplies, I think there were a few generic "how to draw manga" books there. 

LordMoufMouf

• Maria-sama ga Post
  • The Ballet Sebastian! Princess Tutu too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2010, 10:46:17 PM »

Yes, cheap Copics would be wonderful (like, $4 a marker or less would be considered a deal in my opinion).
I'm still hunting for Princess Tutu figures. I talked to one dealer at Wondercon and he said he would bring some to Fanime! ;)

Impulse

• Maria-sama ga Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2010, 03:44:25 PM »

I thought the contacts would be more expensive turned out they're quite cheap...
10':
Friday I encouraged some of the artists. Saturday I worked as a dealer. Sunday, I taught a few people how to Salsa. After midnight I played NINJA in a chair due to injury. Monday I worked as a dealer again and all through out the weekend helped ppl.

Kyra_Maverick

• Steel Angel Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2010, 09:11:11 PM »

I thought the contacts would be more expensive turned out they're quite cheap...
The ones from Asian Food Grocery? I don't have any experience with contacts, but I'm sure there is a reason one booth was selling them for $25 and another booth for $60+

Impulse

• Maria-sama ga Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2010, 09:26:23 AM »

The ones from Asian Food Grocery? I don't have any experience with contacts, but I'm sure there is a reason one booth was selling them for $25 and another booth for $60+

Yea the $25 one. As for color...red or purple for sure. Oh well till next year... ;_; :-\
10':
Friday I encouraged some of the artists. Saturday I worked as a dealer. Sunday, I taught a few people how to Salsa. After midnight I played NINJA in a chair due to injury. Monday I worked as a dealer again and all through out the weekend helped ppl.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.337 seconds with 24 queries.