Nick Simmons: Incarnate Plagiarism

Started by DentyneIce408, February 25, 2010, 09:43:51 AM

DentyneIce408

I wanted to bring this up but I'm not good at arguing. But here's a link to Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calling-for-legal-action-against-Nick-Simmons-for-plagiarism-of-other-works/10150099569020063?v=wall&ref=sgm

It'll show other links and panels of scenes he plagiarized.

What are your thoughts?
- Shall I leave my mark whether it's good or bad?
- As long as people remember me famous or infamous,
- I  will remain and roam in this world Alive or Dead.

Elimeno

Just looked into the matter and I have to say I'm disgusted; I'm happy that his stuff is getting pulled.  I wonder why he thought he could get away with it;  I mean I don't read Bleach *gasp*  but Kubos' style is one you shouldn't steal if you were to steal one, he's way too popular.  Although it makes me wonder if he does get to keep his contract with his press; since he's famous probably so  :-\

also heres this

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2010/02/radical-halts-nick-simmons-incarnate-amid-claims-of-plagiarism/
Know much about purgatory? It's the world we live in now, and Halloween is the day a damned soul in purgatory can be released into heaven, if he prays hard enough. Say your prayers. - Vincent Volaju

Dany

Wow. And they were making such a big idea about Incarnate at SDCC...

Something tells me his papa Gene will use his resources to keep things moving.
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

Glitch

Quote from: Dany on February 25, 2010, 05:58:57 PM

Given that Gene is a bit of a scumbag, this makes me wonder if they will use this scandal to try to sell more manga. Gene said one time that if he likes another artists song, he'll copy and change it enough so that the rythm sounds different enough so no one notices. I can easily see this trait following to the next generation.

Yuu

When I fist saw this I admit that my thought was ' Oh you silly fanboys/girls always trying to relate EVERYTHING to Bleach.

Now that I've seen it..Goddamn that's pretty blatant. You would think he'd at least TRY to cover it up.
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

BrightHeart76

There's a fine line between being inspired by an original and stealing from the original.  Looks to me like he crossed that line (and then kept walking for a few miles).
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Dany

Quote from: Glitch on February 25, 2010, 07:01:07 PM
Quote from: Dany on February 25, 2010, 05:58:57 PM

Given that Gene is a bit of a scumbag, this makes me wonder if they will use this scandal to try to sell more manga. Gene said one time that if he likes another artists song, he'll copy and change it enough so that the rythm sounds different enough so no one notices. I can easily see this trait following to the next generation.

Good point! The kid has a lot of catching up to do in order to be as slick as his dad (mostly. He fails too sometimes). At the very least Nick has to learn to cover his footsteps :P
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

lyricaldanichan

I checked out his art on dA and it looks nothing like what you see in Incarnate. His manga art style wasn't good at all, so much so that I would not be shocked that Studio IL did all of the art for him. From what I read the comic book publisher stop the run of the comic and investigating the issue. It will be very interesting to see what happens next.

edit: This is a excellent read from Deb Aoki about the hot mess.

http://manga.about.com/b/2010/02/26/nick-simmons-bleach-manga-plagarism-scandal-rocks-the-comics-twitterverse.htm