Shakugan no Shana, an AWESOME anime

Started by Zexion, February 25, 2010, 08:51:41 PM

Zexion

I really think that if you haven't seen, read, or heard about it, it's about time you do.
Go ahead and watch the first episode of season 1 on youtube and see if you like it
http://www.youtube.com/watch#v=2GzsDOGWG2Y&feature=related

PyronIkari

Quote from: Zexion on February 25, 2010, 08:51:41 PM
I really think that if you haven't seen, read, or heard about it, it's about time you do.
Go ahead and watch the first episode of season 1 on youtube and see if you like it
http://www.youtube.com/watch#v=2GzsDOGWG2Y&feature=related

Old series is bleh. I didn't like Shana... I watched all of S1 and S2 and I don't know why. Shana's character is just like the most unlikable of the recent Kugimiya chars, the main character was horrible, Margery was okay... Wilhelmina was kinda fun... the rest of the supporting cast was boring and stupid. The plot was abandoned after ep 4, and there was no continuity in reasoning through out the rest of the series. The fight scenes were boring, and honestly the best part of the series was incestual loli twins... they were the only arc that was kinda fun and was more than "URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI... STAB STAB STAB... <3<3<3... URUSAIURUSAIURUSAI"

There, I just spoiled the entire series.

Stythys

don't listen to this pyron guy. he doesn't know what he's talking about =]
"We should not be less than what we are."

PyronIkari

Quote from: Stythys on February 25, 2010, 10:43:08 PM
don't listen to this pyron guy. he doesn't know what he's talking about =]
Indeed. Because merely saying that totally disproves me.

Shana's character is boring. She's just a basic tsundere, nothing appealing about her, or nothing that makes her character any special at all. Her personality is about as deep as my belly button. The main character, Yuuji, is just useless. Straight up useless. He does nothing. The entire series, he does absolutely nothing except run around and almost die constantly. He doesn't help at all, he doesn't bring insight to anyone, all he does is run around and go "GASP! OH NO! I SHOULD TELL SHANA!" and he usually doesn't, because she comes to him to save him. Yet he's lusted by everyone almost for no reason.

Margery is the first character with any real personality, wit, and her book is amusing. But she has very little part in the story despite being there for a good amount of the episodes.

The plot of the story is really interesting, but it's dropped faster than a shounen fighting series. The whole time thing and soul replacement and disappearing etc, was a really awesome concept. That was the big reason why I started watching it... then they dropped that entire part of the plot some 3 eps in when they defeat the first bad guy.

But hey, you shouldn't listen to me. Who needs things like character depth, plot, development, humor, wit, or anything positive in a series. It has a cute loli tsundere, a huge breasted drunk white girl, and a talking pendant. IT HAS TO BE GOOD!

Stythys

Quote from: PyronIkari on February 25, 2010, 11:29:08 PM
But hey, you shouldn't listen to me. Who needs things like character depth, plot, development, humor, wit, or anything positive in a series. It has a cute loli tsundere, a huge breasted drunk white girl, and a talking pendant. IT HAS TO BE GOOD!

now you're getting it :P

Jun-Watarase

Shana is a classic, and a staple for most anime fans in this day and age. It's difficult to find a fan that doesn't know Shana.

But most people, including myself, who've watched and enjoyed Shana then... wouldn't be able to stand watching it now, let alone understand why we enjoyed it in the first place. It was good for its time, an introduction of Kugyu tsundere characters, bad aimless plots with set ups we've once loved and have grown bored with over time. The trend is dead, however, but for what it's worth...

Louise is hotter.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

blackyggdrasil

Shakugan no Shana is ok, I though the actions and fighting was pretty cool, untill season 2 came out with the boring romance

Stythys