socal meetup, anyone?

Started by otakuapprentice, March 05, 2010, 07:38:38 PM

otakuapprentice

The title pretty much says it all.

I moved down here late last year, and don't really know anyone in the area, so I figured a meetup of any forum people that live within the la/burbank metro area might be fun/interesting. This is a complete shot in the dark to see if it'll work or not, so bear with me.

Any takers?
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Stythys

The Fanime IRC Channel does regular meetups (~once a month), so feel free to join
"We should not be less than what we are."

Kertus

Quote from: Stythys on March 07, 2010, 09:16:32 AM
The Fanime IRC Channel does regular meetups (~once a month), so feel free to join

Lol Stythys
#Fanime IRC meetups are in Bay Area most all the time, So you can disregard him cause you're in socal and we're out of your way alot lol
Mario '06. Sven '08. Jared '09. Gai '10. Cobra '11. Kenji '12. Spike '13.
irc.rizon.net #fanime Click here to connect to IRC

Stythys

psh, you sayin' we aren't worth a little drive up from socal?

..we're just that awesome.

Jerry

guys- dont be spamming about your gatherings when Dr. O is trying to get some idea who's on the boards from the so cal area -

I think ladies like miss cosplayer Vensy and the office working Caskalark both live in the so cal area i think.

that and if you do have a random weekend gathering and you do a plan ahead of time - i would try my best to drive down and hang out--

Cmon board peeps! Roll call for any one else whos in the So Cal area? :)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Kertus on March 07, 2010, 09:18:08 AM
Quote from: Stythys on March 07, 2010, 09:16:32 AM

Lol Stythys
#Fanime IRC meetups are in Bay Area most all the time, So you can disregard him cause you're in socal and we're out of your way alot lol

Yea, I kinda already knew this part. (for the first part)--> Seriously, if you posting asking me to drive 6+ hours up for something that is only going to last around the same amount of time(probably less), then expect me to drive another 6+ hours back home.......yea, no thanks.

but c'mon, no one is in socal? ANYONE?! (slowly going stir-crazy)

god, I miss the bay area...

HarpB

would not this thread be more appropriate on forums of anime conventions that takes place in south cal?

Stythys

Quote from: daiphyer.com on March 08, 2010, 06:04:28 AM
would not this thread be more appropriate on forums of anime conventions that takes place in south cal?

this.

Jerry

@ daiphyer & Stythys - Seriously guys? --- arent you above this?

Otaku is a personal friend of mine, and he DID live in the bay area the majority of his life. So his heart so to speak belongs to fanime and the bay area-  it wasn't his choice to move down to So Cal and lose touch with all his friends up here in the bay area.

He also knows that a good amount of So Cal people post [they usually in the cosplay forums though i admit] and are very social to the point they have meet ups and gatherings as well.

So barring myself say something rude- Just give Otaku a break and post your backhanded comments somewhere else-

If you cant say anything productive or polite when someone is trying to make new friends [regardless of their location] then Dont post at all.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

otakuapprentice

Quote from: daiphyer.com on March 08, 2010, 06:04:28 AM
Would not this thread be more appropriate on forums of anime conventions that takes place in south cal?
After lightly scanning through the AX forums, it seems no one on there does hangouts/meet-ups outside of the convention(what with AX being all high and mighty).

It would be somewhat more appropriate, but seeing as how I don't really feel like making an account on the AX forums, its not gonna happen.

[locks thread because socal apparently fails right now]