Comedy Club at Fanime 2010 Updated: 5/16/2010

Started by Aya Brea X, March 08, 2010, 01:25:14 AM

passLion

Confessions: I didn't real ALL of the posts.

I feel like my set is longer than 7 minutes.

I haven't timed it yet but I have a rough draft.

I'm up for involving with the stage-zero shameless plug-preview thing

during the panel, If I have the cables for plugging my ipod in the mixer if I desire to have music in my act may I? (I can set up/break down myself using my allotted time , and I don't mind if it doesn't work)

That's all I think

-passLion

Glitch

Okay, I don't want to be the one who jumps the gun but is it okay with everyone if I send the application on behalf of the panel to stage zero by tomorrow? The deadline is really close.
I figure we're all okay if we apply for the friday slot at 4:30PM-4:45PM - 15 Min? We can have 4:45PM-5:00PM - 15 Min as the alternate choice in the application. Obviously friday since our panel always seems to fall on a saturday.
I'm know I'm really risking a scolding by Aya  ^^;; , but I don't have a problem if we did this stage zero preview completely under her supervision.
I am panicky about the deadline, so everybody please jump in with your comments.

Kava

That's true. On my current draft schedule, you're on Saturday.

~Rena
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

radpaolo.

Quote from: Glitch on April 12, 2010, 12:06:37 PM
Okay, I don't want to be the one who jumps the gun but is it okay with everyone if I send the application on behalf of the panel to stage zero by tomorrow? The deadline is really close.

I'm know I'm really risking a scolding by Aya  ^^;; , but I don't have a problem if we did this stage zero preview completely under her supervision.

Better to ask for forgiveness than permission, I say. I mean, as long as we all have our 16+ content filters on (maybe even more stringent since on stage for even more mass consumption, the heads who are going on should be golden.
Sambrano's suicide attempt was obviously unsuccessful. - KXAN Austin, TX (3/15/10)

Paolo Sambrano(dotcom)

The Doctor

I'm okay with whatever you do, Glitch, so long as I'm not obligated to do anything at the Stage Zero thing. I'll stick around and support whomever does a portion of their bit, but that's it.

My style of comedy isnt really appropriate for onlookers and casual passer-by's. But thats good for the lot of you who want to do it; more time for you.

G-Force

GUN FOR IT GLITCH!

Any fallout occurs, I got your back!

Glitch

Done and done folks. A 15 minute slot is still available, but I had to put a 30 minute slot that was available as the backup slot. Don't worry, I think they'll still give us the 15 minute one. Now let's just pray to chthulu that everything goes well.

EDIT: I got confirmation for the 4:30pm 15 minute slot on friday.(yay! no 30 minute preview that's actually half the size of our show. XD) I'll pm Aya about this, and then I'll pm a few of you to see how we might put this together. I requested use of a computer inc ase we may want to run images for this. We should definitely have a logo or something present.

Aya Brea X

Hi Guys,

Just wrote back as response to the PM I got.  All good on the Stage Zero preview show if you guys are up for organizing it yourself.  Sadly I will be at Artist Alley so I won't be able to be there to check it out or help with it, but I can trust you guys not to burn down the  barn, right? O_o

(By the by, E-mail or PM are the best ways to get my attention, I don't come to check out the msg board every day.)

I think 1 hour is a better idea.  Last year I did a 25 minute set by myself and we DID kind of drag at parts, and I noticed some of you used stuff from last year and really did struggle at parts.  We kind of got away with it last year since the first year audience was SO SMALL so most of the second year (last year) audience members did not notice the recycled material, but this year we won't be able to do the same thing.  

As for timing, first year I do apologize I did not do such a good job, but second (last) year I did send out an e-mail (which not all of you read in its entirety since you were surprised I said we would do an improv thing at the end...) that I would not time since we had PLENTY of time to kill.  I was SWEATING BULLETS we would have too much time left.  I think 6 minutes worth of material with pause time is PLENTY for your AAA material.  Plus now you have more minutes at Stage Zero to make people laugh :D  I will do a yellow card warning at 5 minutes and a red card warning at 6 minutes and actually cut you off at a convenient moment at 7 minutes.  Fair?  More details to come.  You can also trade your minutes like Carbon Credits.  If someone just wants to do a 5 minute set, you can absorb that extra minute from them.  But yes, no shorter than 5 minutes please.  Plan on 5-6 minutes of material with 30 second laugher pause.

As for the music request, I'm really sorry, but I cannot accommodate that.  The reason is that I don't have the time for you to set up or break down the equipment.  I don't want you doing that during someone else's set, we're cutting it pretty close already and I don't want you to break down or set up during someone else's allotted panel time.  Plus this is a stand up open mic, so you get a mic (probably). 

Glitch

Thanks for the thumbs up about the preview, Joyce. The organization of the preview show will be through consenus of all of us involved.(it's under my name but this is very much a team effort) Since we're trying to attract people to the panel, my short set will be made up of previous jokes made at the panel because now I know which jokes were successful. But of course if some of you feel your unsused jokes left out of your set need to be heard, then go ahead. ^^

I definitely love the color coded cards idea. I got my set planned out in case I have to end it earlier than it was supposed to be.

For those of you interested in the stage zero preview of the panel, please send me a pm so I can get things together for us.

Kava

Hmmm. The color coded cards really _are_ a good idea. Joyce - I might steal your idea to use for my staff to signal panelists when their panel time is nearly up. We discussed at our last meeting how we might do this, but failed to come up with an idea of colored cards. Thanks for the idea!

-Rena
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

Aya Brea X

Hey, participants, I need your contact information (name, e-mail, phone, badge name, what you want to be announced as, a bit you want me to say about you as I introduce you), confirmed set time, and confirmation you're still alive ASAP.  Send them to me via email to [email protected], thanks! 

Even if you don't have your confirmed set time (in which case you are defaulted to 6.5 minutes) please let me know you're still alive and still planning on going.  I only got ONE e-mail response and ONE PM confirmation so far.  Just because you performed before does not mean I kept all your contact info, plus it's just nice to know you're still alive and planning on coming.  If you do not reply by next Friday I will either give your minutes away or I will use them myself and the elimination will be final. 

And no, your prior PM's with absolutely no confirmation information save for "I'm coming!" or something like that does not count.  I need the information listed above.  If you did not just get an e-mail response or a PM from me today, then I do not have your information. 

Because if you're too busy to send me an e-mail with information you should have off the top of your head, I'm just going to assume you're too busy to write a comedy set.  As this is already an extenion of a deadline I announced on the 13th, I think I've given you plenty of time to get back to me.

Okay, people, NEXT FRIDAY.  May 1 is when I will be drafting up the start order and if you haven't sent me an e-mail by that day then it is too late. 

Aya Brea X

Performers list updated.  I took one out of the lineup for no response :( 

Performers: Please expect an e-mail from me by the end of next weekend.  Hope everything is going well with your performance prep :3

Aya Brea X

Final e-mail coming soon.  Just waiting on one person to confirm an e-mail address.  If you guys have any last minute questions please e-mail or PM me.  

Start list is confirmed, I'll give you the order in the last e-mail.  We should be good to go.  The panel times are not listed in the website... and doesn't look like it will be before the con, so please please double check the schedule book when you get it at registration, but as far as the last communique I got from Panels we are slated for Saturday, 7pm-8pm in Panels 3 (Salons IV, V, and VI in the Marriott).  If I notice a change at con I will text you all.  If I am notified earlier I will just e-mail you guys.

Glitch

Really looks forward to this. Just need to memorize my set list.(last year I did it like a day before were doing the panel. XD)

Just to let everybody in the panel know, I have recently bought a camera and plan to record the entire panel. I'm gonna do alot of recording during the con.

And the preview to our panel at stage zero is doing quite well. ^^

G-Force

Sorry for missing the first half of the club, I had to pick up something in the Fairmont and got a killer nosebleed along the way. However I will say the audience was VERY pleased with this club and appreciated the fact that the performers all went out with their guns blazing. Now all that's needed is videos and we'll be all set.

Magical Senpai

I feel bad as the only video that wasn't shot in HD was G's skit...I'm going to be doing some editing in the next few days.

Mr. Whiskers

Quote from: Richie Likes Maids on June 01, 2010, 01:33:06 AM
I feel bad as the only video that wasn't shot in HD was G's skit...I'm going to be doing some editing in the next few days.

Are the videos up anywhere yet?

Glitch

I gotta say thank you to everybody involved in this. I thought everybody was eve funnier than last year.(I am being serious about that too) And I thought we had an awesome performance from the new guy.

The funny thing is toning down my set made me be one of the cleaner comics rather than the dirty ones.(shakes evil monkey finger at Joyce. XD)

Although I did go over my minutes simply because I forgot some of my material for a few seconds.(I was doing twenty different things before going to the con and it really got in the way of my practicing.0_0) I had to cut my thanking speech short and left out the part about the volunteers and staff.

So I would like to say here; Thank you staff and volunteers who work so hard during fanime in a job that some people rarely give grattitude for. Thank you guys for allowing us to have this panel and thank you for anything you do for us in the future.

BTW. I also have video of the panel will post it when I can.

Mr. Whiskers

Quote from: Richie Likes Maids on June 01, 2010, 01:33:06 AM

How's the editing going? Really wanna see the videos.