Bay Area Conventions {Update: 8.22}

Started by Foxberry, March 09, 2010, 05:34:24 AM

Foxberry

For September we will be meeting at Battery Boutelle! It's a beautiful scenic area right by the Golden Gate Bridge.

PLEASE NOTE!: We will NOT be staying at the battery all day. I will be sending out a mass message with both my phone number AND staff phone numbers for people to contact us if they do not see us. Please try to be on time, it makes it much easier for people to find us if you are on time.

Location: Battery Boutelle; 1900 Merchant Road, San Francisco

Maps!:
http://tinyurl.com/bacbattery1
http://tinyurl.com/bacbatdirections1

Where we are meeting: http://wikimapia.org/3576364/Battery-Boutelle

Parking: LOTS OF PARKING.http://tinyurl.com/bacparkingggb
NOTE: Parking "C" is PAID Parking.

Public Transit: Take the 28 all the way up to Golden Gate Bridge

Length of walking: 5-7 minutes from the large parking lot near the golden gate bridge to the battery.

Food: Make sure you bring food, there are no restaurants or places to eat here.

PLANS!: What we plan to do: We will meet AT the battery (Boutelle, the smaller battery) at 11am, hang around there till about 12 or so, take a group photo at the battery. Then we will proceed have lunch AT/Near the battery. After that we will go down to the beach or possibly go to the beach near golden gate bridge and take awesome photos!

Please read these rules prior to attending: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bayareaconventions/doc/10150753995430381/

Jerry

so i noticed that the event is for cosplay & non cosplay participants.

what does a 'usual' consist of ? random meet & greet and photo ops?

Do you have any pictures from previous meet ups?  :)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Kertus

Oh I noticed, this is on the same day as the Cherry Blossom Festival in SF Jtown

Not sure if you'd wanna do something dealing with that :P
Mario '06. Sven '08. Jared '09. Gai '10. Cobra '11. Kenji '12. Spike '13.
irc.rizon.net #fanime Click here to connect to IRC

Jerry

like it matters ~ im pretty sure their gathering will still be successful.

besides the SF cherry blossom festival is all weekend [and i think multiple weekends too]

dont forget Fanime is the SAME weekend as 2 other major conventions [in the bay area] as well. :P

nothing wrong with having too many social gathering choices :)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Kertus

Quote from: Jerry on March 09, 2010, 10:19:28 AM

besides the SF cherry blossom festival is all weekend [and i think multiple weekends too]

dont forget Fanime is the SAME weekend as 2 other major conventions [in the bay area] as well. :P

nothing wrong with having too many social gathering choices :)

lol I just meant it's an idea for stuff to do, not to cancel their gathering or move it at all :P

Just informing them if they didn't know, I've been at meets where we slightly changed plans because something cool was going on, other times not, just good to be informed on other things occuring around if they don't know :P

Yeah, CBF is those 2 weekends in April so they don't need to move their meet at all or anything, and people have plenty of days to choose from for CBF.

If I have time though I might stop by both :P maybe even cosplay
Mario '06. Sven '08. Jared '09. Gai '10. Cobra '11. Kenji '12. Spike '13.
irc.rizon.net #fanime Click here to connect to IRC

Dany

Quote from: Jerry on March 09, 2010, 10:19:28 AM

Yep! April 10th-11th and 17th-18th. :)
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

Foxberry

Jerry: I've only just started hosting these events. The first event was this past weekend and I had about 30-40 people. It's a social-networking gathering type of thing. So yes, currently random meet & greet and photo ops. I'm hoping to expanding it later if I can find more events that people are interested in and won't burn a hole in the pocket.

Also I do have pictures of previous meetups. You can check the facebook group-page here several members have submitted pictures... I haven't gotten around to it. I've been exhausted since my first hosting meetup lol. http://tinyurl.com/norcalconventionsfb

Our next meetup will be at the Embarcadero Fountain/Center so it's a lot of nice photo op areas that aren't normally possible at conventions. Ie: Piers and what not. However our last one was at Japan Town I'm trying to branch away from just J-Town.

Kertus: We've got 13 confirmed people already. ^^ As for the date, I am aware that it's the same day as the Cherry Blossom Festival, but that spans two weeks. We cannot host it during Wondercon or the CBF, Leaving us with only two dates the 10th or the 17th. The 18th is the date of the CBF parade and I do not want to conflict with it.

We've already gone to Japan Town this past March and we'd like to host the meetup in different places and not attend the same place every month. Thank you for the concern though~! But I've felt that this was the best date in part to people maybe not wanting to go to Japan town twice in one month and three times within two months.

Foxberry

Sorry for the double post; but as a reminder we will be having a meetup April 10th, Embarcadero Center Plaza 11am-6pm. Weather looks partly cloudy but I am keeping an eye out for it. If it does rain we will meet up in the Ferry Building.

Oniko

I might be able to come, the problem is I dont have a cosplay. =/ I should really start bringing them when I go to school here.  Well maybe I'll be able to rush home to SJ real quick real quick.
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

Foxberry

It's alright, it's not required to have a cosplay to attend. ^^ But if you want to run home that's fine too.

Dany

Well, poo.

This would be nifty if it wasn't the last weekend before the Cherry Blossom Festival parade that I have available to work on stuff for that :(

I may have to wait until after Fanime to do something like this, however. Just a lot of stuff to do until then. Hopefully there will be more of these :)
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

Foxberry

Yeah, it's something I went over the last meetup we had.. We couldn't host it this past weekend or the 17th and the 24th had some other event going on. I'm crunching myself, lol.

In any case, we will be hosting these events each month.

Oniko

I just went home and grabbed my costumes!  yay!  I'm just wonder though how many others are going in costume, or if someone has a car I can leave my stuff in?
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

Foxberry

Awesome~ ^^
Well I know I'm attending in costume, my boyfriend is, and last time we had a good amount. I hope we have quite a few this time~! I don't know who might be going by vehicle since I'm going by BART but maybe someone else might know. ^^

As a last reminder guys, NCC's April Meet up is tomorrow 11am-6pm at the Embarcadero Plaza Fountain, some of us plan to zipline, so if you're interested you can join us~!! It looks partly cloudy so dress for the weather. No rain in the forcast! See you all there!

Oniko

Hmm I'll try to bring something I can just slip into.  Hope I can remember my way there lol.
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

Foxberry

Google maps is pretty accurate if you need directions. x3

Oniko

08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

Foxberry

Just got back from the NCC April Embarcadero Meetup. It was MUCH better than the J-town one, we had SO much fun and a lot of things to do! I'm looking forward to the May Meetup, I will have updates soon when the May NCC meetup will be. ^^ I'll have pics and event report soon! I hope everyone had fun!!

Oniko

My feet hurt, but the day was awesome!
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

prototypem

Today was fun. Looking forward to the next one.