Bay Area Conventions {Update: 8.22}

Started by Foxberry, March 09, 2010, 05:34:24 AM

Foxberry

I'm glad yous guys enjoyed yourselves! Looking forward to the May Meetup~

Gwydion

Damn, just found this. I could have so used a meetup as my previous plans yesterday was totally massacred.

Oh well, hope to make the next one. ^^

Foxberry

Date: May 8th
Time: 11am-6pm
Cost: Money for Food, BART/Muni
Cosplay Status: NOT required, but always encouraged!!

It's that time again! NCC's Monthly Meetup! Our location this time is the heart of San Francisco. Location is very close to Montgomery BART station and is in walking distance of China Town and Union Square.

The meetup will take place at the Crocker Galleria; a rather quiet mall where there's not so much traffic and it's easy to find.

I have posted images of how to get there and what the galleria looks like and the Montgomery Bart Station where you can get to the galleria.

Hope to see you all there~

Gwydion; I'm sorry to hear that, though perhaps you can make this one? Hope to see you there.

prototypem

Foxberry

Glad to have you. ^_^ Pics of the area and map are on the facebook page.

Oniko

My Holo costume might arrive in time! We'll see if I dress up.
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

Foxberry

I know this is early for this, however because it's going to cost a little more than our normal meetups; I wanted to post this early.

Date: June 26th

Time: 10am-5pm

Cost:+ Non-Resident of SF: 15-64 (15.00), 4-14 (9.00)
+Resident of SF: 15-64 (12.00), 4-14 (5.50)
+Student: (I think there is a discount but I could be wrong, be sure to bring your student ID just in case).
+Cost for travel.

Parking: You can get parking at the zoo.

Other Info: There are a few notes, so please read carefully.

*Do not bring an elaborate costume for example; Princess Yue from Avatar. Why? Because we don't want to draw too much attention to ourselves, disturb other people and staffers.

*Bring a boxed lunch of some sort, or brownbagged food. It is not cheap to eat at the zoo and there aren't really any good restaurants.

*Why we are not doing potluck; there are quite a few of us who use public transportation and that will be rather troublesome I believe. Also carrying around bowls and other things at the zoo could cause trouble.

*If using public transportation please make sure that you get the correct MUNI/BART.

*Why I'm not setting up a group pricing with the zoo; I don't know if we will have enough people (it requires 15 people), also we aren't a school group so I don't think we can get the discounts that they can get. And it only saves a dollar per person.

Any questions can be posted here. I will have map information up soon.

Foxberry

As a quick reminder...
Cosplayers, photographers and convention attendees! NCC's 3rd meetup will be held at Crocker Gallaria this Saturday 11am-6pm! Please check the May Location post in this thread for more information. ^^

Gwydion

Haven't seen any updates, so wondering if this is still gonna go on?

noticetoappear

June 26th at the Zoo! I hope I can make it. I probably need to work instead, though.

Jerry

I havent had a chance to make these yet [conflicting schedules] - though i still think the Russell at the Zoo would be a hilarious idea :P

course it kinda defeats the purpose of trying not to attract  attention to myself  >_<  

that and im a little shy [me i know ironic right?] since im not sure if ill know anyone when i go to the zoo dressed up as an oversized silly boy scout.

but I hope I can make it on Saturday.

Adventure is out there! Caw Caw Rawr!  :D

edit: if anyone would like make a new friend and get a ride from San Jose to the SF zoo, please pm me. any other cosplayers going to this event might as well take advantage of having transportation [I have a roomy SUV] and this way you dont have to take public transportation with a costume.

This helps me out too because I'll have someone to adventure with, and I'll be more likely to go?

Who needs [transportation] assisting to the SF Zoo?!?
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

jackiemarie90

Quote from: Jerry on June 21, 2010, 08:28:21 AM
I havent had a chance to make these yet [conflicting schedules] - though i still think the Russell at the Zoo would be a hilarious idea :P

course it kinda defeats the purpose of trying not to attract  attention to myself  >_<  

that and im a little shy [me i know ironic right?] since im not sure if ill know anyone when i go to the zoo dressed up as an oversized silly boy scout.

but I hope I can make it on Saturday.

Adventure is out there! Caw Caw Rawr!  :D

edit: if anyone would like make a new friend and get a ride from San Jose to the SF zoo, please pm me. any other cosplayers going to this event might as well take advantage of having transportation [I have a roomy SUV] and this way you dont have to take public transportation with a costume.

This helps me out too because I'll have someone to adventure with, and I'll be more likely to go?

Who needs [transportation] assisting to the SF Zoo?!?

Dude if you are going to this gathering, in cosplay I will too! :P I'll be in my yoruichi outfit, since it's not that insane! ha ha
You haven't idealized mankind, you have deformed it, and that's the real practical joke.

monikamilani

OOOH! I'll Come! I'll probably be there as Choji Akimichi girl version from naruto, or just original Choji =DD My bro should tag along, he is older than me -___-
Just that weird, surprising, and awkward kid that's always there.
In the corner.
Watching your every move.
Secretly stalking you and watching you sleep. ;)
Fanime/Japan Expo Cosplays 2013~
-Cooking Mama
-Fem. Sasori
...pffft who the hell cares iunno kbye~

Oniko

jealous! Now I want to go.  but I have work.  Have a good time guys~
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

Gwydion

Where should we gather? I'm not likely to get there at 10am, not with having to come in from the other side of the Bay and all. So is there any place to meet up so when people show up they can go there?

monikamilani

See you guys there! Adon is coming too, just not in his cosplay.
In the corner.
-Cooking Mama
-Fem. Sasori

monikamilani

Aghh, I can't go. Routes for the train and bus is being stupid and we can't walk we're an hour away LOL Oh well have fun!
In the corner.
-Cooking Mama
-Fem. Sasori

Foxberry

Recycling this meetup thread. I don't see the point in creating another if we just recycle the thread.
Updates will be more regular now.

Foxberry

Foxberry

I totally missed updating this for August. We held our meetup at Ocean Beach.

More info TBA for Sept.

We have new forums and website!

http://bayareaconventions.org and http://forums.bayareaconventions.org