SJ Japantown - Nikkei Matsuri 04-25-2010 [Raffle Completed]

Started by Jidai Geki, March 09, 2010, 08:26:08 PM

Jidai Geki

I know it's been a while since I've posted any event information here, but it's a new year and the festivals have begun...  If any of you still have energy left from SF-Sakura Matsuri, and you're in the neighborhood, San Jose Japantown will be holding it's 1st festival of the year.

Event: 33nd Annual Nikkei Matsuri
Place: Jackson St. @ 6th St., San Jose, CA.
Time: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Date: Sunday, April 25th, 2010

Activities:
1 to 3mile charity walk/run
arts & crafts
music and live entertainment
food
health fair
cultural displays

Gather... Have fun... Make new friends... Enjoy life.
For more info, please visit the official website:
http://www.nikkeimatsuri.org/

Cosplayers are very much welcome to attend.

*********************JUST ADDED*********************
For those of you making the extra effort to attend our festival in cosplay, there'll be a special prize raffle for you.  

Location: Nichi Bei Bussan - Store Front, Jackson St. @4th St.
Time: 2:30pm, April 25th, 2010.
Tickets: Available 10am - 2:25pm (Inside Nichi Bei Bussan).  One (1) ticket per individual, no purchase necessary.
Conditions: Must be in Costume*. All ages welcome to participate. Ticket holders have until 4:30pm, April 25th, 2010, to validate ticket and claim prize.

All forms* of Cosplay welcomed: Anime, Live-Action, Game, Maido-san, Period...etc.
*"Family-Friendly" Cosplay rules enforced during this event.

*** NOTE: Street access into SJ Japantown will be limited in the morning because of the Nihonmachi Run/Walk event.  If you drive, remember that local street parking will be limited in the surrounding neighborhoods... Please consider using VTA/VTA Light Rail, car pooling or passenger drop-off options if attending.***

Kertus

Sunday, April 25, 2010 ?

Is that the right day? Just checking cause you didn't say which day in your post
Mario '06. Sven '08. Jared '09. Gai '10. Cobra '11. Kenji '12. Spike '13.
irc.rizon.net #fanime Click here to connect to IRC

Jidai Geki

Quote from: Kertus on March 09, 2010, 08:42:51 PM
Sunday, April 25, 2010 ?

Is that the right day? Just checking cause you didn't say which day in your post

Thanks for pointing that out... I shouldn't type these things after working 14hrs...

Barnes

Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Sunara Ishi

I'll most likely attend this... maybe with a friend(s)

Whether I meet up with fanime peeps will depend on luck. XP
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

prototypem

I might drop by if I'm not in SF on the weekend.

mochisnack

I should be attending in cosplay this year~ it'll probably end up being Ranma 1/2?
Fanime 2013 Lineup *TENTATIVE*
Friday: Irabu Ichirou, Hakaba Kitaro
Saturday: XIAH Junsu "Tarantallegra",Hagane Miku
Sunday: Ciel Phantomhive, Yuzuriha Inori
Monday: Tachibana Mei

Tabbychan

Jidai Geki

I'm glad some of you out there are expressing interest in attending Nikkei Matsuri.  Your attendance will be much appreciated... If you choose to attend in cosplay, I thank you in advance for helping our festival to be brighter.

lunarknight

Jidai Geki

Planning on having a contest, but waiting for approval... ;D

Foxberry

I might go but I can't be 100% sure since I'm in SF.

Would it be alright if I post this on the Nor-Cal Conventions Facebook? We have over 160 members and I'm sure those who are in the SJ area would like to know about this. That is if it's alright, I won't post it otherwise.

Jidai Geki

Quote from: Foxberry on April 02, 2010, 09:53:35 PM
I might go but I can't be 100% sure since I'm in SF.

Would it be alright if I post this on the Nor-Cal Conventions Facebook? We have over 160 members and I'm sure those who are in the SJ area would like to know about this. That is if it's alright, I won't post it otherwise.

Foxberry-san,

Thank you for your interest in our little community events, and you are more than welcome to post this event on the Nor-Cal Conventions Facebook page.

Domo arigatou gozaimsu!

Foxberry

Jidai;

You're most welcome, I just like to help cosplay expand in the Bay Area it's a lot of fun. ^_^ I hope it helps your community event! I'll try to post it up Sunday, I am very exhausted from Wondercon. In any case I hope I can attend, but if not I hope that you all have a WONDERFUL SJ event!!

Again, hehe you are welcome!~

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=114952461850077&index=1 Here's the event page. ^^

cherryteagirl

I might go to this, it'll be fun.  ^__^ ;D

Jidai Geki

Quote from: cherryteagirl on April 05, 2010, 12:00:47 AM
I might go to this, it'll be fun.  ^__^ ;D

CherryTeaGirl-sama,
Thank you for supporting SJ Nihonmachi and thank you again for volunteering as a maid during last year's 'Spirit of japantown' Maid Cafe... :D

TC X0 Lt 0X

Well despite the fact that I'm a total flake when it comes to Forum Gathering, I am totally down to go to this.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Jidai Geki

I know this short notice to all of you out there, but it's been approved!!!

I can now confirm that there will be a special raffle for those of you who come to SJ Nihonmachi - Nikkei Matsuri in cosplay... Please refer to the initial posting for details...

Remember, it dosen't have to be "New" cosplay... Save that for Fanime in May.
We're just looking for cosplayers to brighten the festival.

I hope to see you there.

mochisnack

Change of plans! I'll still be attending, but I will PROBABLY be wearing Toradora instead of Ranma 1/2?
I'm glad Nichi Bei Bussan is having a raffle for cosplayers, they're my favorite store~
Fanime 2013 Lineup *TENTATIVE*
Friday: Irabu Ichirou, Hakaba Kitaro
Saturday: XIAH Junsu "Tarantallegra",Hagane Miku
Sunday: Ciel Phantomhive, Yuzuriha Inori
Monday: Tachibana Mei

Jidai Geki

Quote from: mochisnack on April 08, 2010, 07:43:07 PM
Change of plans! I'll still be attending, but I will PROBABLY be wearing Toradora instead of Ranma 1/2?
I'm glad Nichi Bei Bussan is having a raffle for cosplayers, they're my favorite store~

A fan of NB Store...  ;D...
???... have we met before?
If not, we probably will during the festival... ;D

Yes, the managers and staff of Nichi Bei Bussan are very supportive of my plans for cosplay at SJ Nihonmachi. They are allowing me to use their name and facility to conduct this little test, and I'm very greatful to them all.