SJ Japantown - Nikkei Matsuri 04-25-2010 [Raffle Completed]

Started by Jidai Geki, March 09, 2010, 08:26:08 PM

Tabbychan

I will be there in cosplay as well as maybe three or four friends of mine:] My group cosplay's at this festival every yearXD Though we never see other cosplayers :[ Hopefully there will be a few more this year now^^

LOVE.SAE

If I were to go in my cosplay, I would like to meet up with fanime attendees. ( > . < )
I will be going in my Guilty Gear black alternate costume Bridget cosplay, so if someone finds me, drag me with you ( ; 3 ; )

Jidai Geki

Quote from: LOVE.SAE on April 10, 2010, 02:33:18 PM
If I were to go in my cosplay, I would like to meet up with fanime attendees. ( > . < )
I will be going in my Guilty Gear black alternate costume Bridget cosplay, so if someone finds me, drag me with you ( ; 3 ; )

I'll be in "Period" Cosplay... I feel more comfortable in it.  Can't miss me roaming around as a volunteer cosplayer at the festival.

Also, as a reminder, there's a cosplay raffle happening at 3:00pm...(See 1st post)  Please join in if you can.

LOVE.SAE

Quote from: Jidai Geki on April 10, 2010, 06:49:39 PM
Quote from: LOVE.SAE on April 10, 2010, 02:33:18 PM

I'll be in "Period" Cosplay... I feel more comfortable in it.  Can't miss me roaming around as a volunteer cosplayer at the festival.

Also, as a reminder, there's a cosplay raffle happening at 3:00pm...(See 1st post)  Please join in if you can.

Thank you very much, I will tug on your sleeves if I see you then. ( > //// < )
Can you show me a picture or pm me if you can so I know how your cosplay will look like?

Jidai Geki

Quote from: LOVE.SAE on April 10, 2010, 08:40:17 PM

Thank you very much, I will tug on your sleeves if I see you then. ( > //// < )
Can you show me a picture or pm me if you can so I know how your cosplay will look like?

(^_^)... The profile avatar is of me from last year's Nikkei Matsuri... (^_^)
I keep adding accessories the costume. I may wear a lighter color kimono if the weather looks too warm.  Just look for the only 40+yo (I heard someone laugh) cosplayer in San Jose Nihonmachi. 

Raydere

I'll most likely be there, all up in my A. Michel cosplay.

...which means I can't do the charity walk because I'll be wearing dress shoes. :(
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

Jidai Geki

Quote from: G.S. LXVIII on April 15, 2010, 12:50:17 AM
I'll most likely be there, all up in my A. Michel cosplay.

...which means I can't do the charity walk because I'll be wearing dress shoes. :(
Thank you for your interest in the Yu-Ai Kai Fun Walk/Run, but I'd perfer that you come and enjoy yourself, meet new people and learn new things... Not nursing blisters from dress shoes... There is always next year... :D

Jidai Geki

Okay, I survived San Francisco's Sakura Matsuri... Parade and all.  My only fear is that someone recorded me running across the civic center park with my black cape flying behind me... If you saw me. I apologize... If you didn't, don't ask... It's a long story.

Back on focus... 5 days until Nikkei Matsuri... I'll be shopping for prizes this week... This is my first attempt at planning and executing an event like this... So, please be kind... And I hope to see many of you Sunday.

Jidai Geki

Hey, to all reading this post.

Due to a schedule conflict, the raffle time has been moved up 30mins. to 2:30pm.  I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.  Notices will be posted at Nichi Bei to inform those who don't see this posting.

Someone asked about prizes... 10 in all... Four 4th place prizes, Three 3rd place prizes...Etc. Prizes will range from cash, toys, dvds and plushies... to 1st prize which is... Shhhhh... It's a secret, but I'm sure the winner will like it.

I hope to see many of you Sunday, and again, sorry for the time change.

Foxberry

Out of curiosity, anyone going from SF to SJ on Sunday who wouldn't mind two extra passengers (preferably someone I actually know lol)? If not I doubt I can come... And if that's the case you guys have fun!

Raydere

Argh. One of my professors is requiring me to go to some extra credit crap on Sunday, which is gonna force me to take time out of the festival AND completely eschew cosplaying, because fuck if I'm travelling all the way from Japantown to SJSU campus, let alone in dress shoes AND in cosplay.

Requiring me to attend extra credit stuff...hello, contradictions! And it's not the first time said professor has unintentionally cockblocked my plans.

Jidai Geki

Well, the day has come and now it's down to hours... I'm still feel a bit uneasy... I don't know exactly how many of you will appear... I guess I'll find out soon enough.

@G.S. LXVIII : Thank you for your strong desire to attend Nikkei Matsuri, and your passion for Cosplay.  I can't emphasise enough the importance of an education... Even if you're not able to attend Nikkei Matsuri, there will more Cosplay opportunities down the road... Passing a college course (which someone is paying for) is worth more than one day of Cosplaying.  There must be a reason your professor is requiring your a attendance.  I'm sure the schedule conflict isn't intentional.

LOVE.SAE

It was very fun today! I met so many sweet people and I must thank Jidai Geki for holding this event. Many of my friends who did not know about this event enjoyed it very much and were happy I forced them into cosplay in the early morning. ありがとうございます! ヾ(▽^  )

Jidai Geki

Quote from: LOVE.SAE on April 25, 2010, 06:24:49 PM
It was very fun today! I met so many sweet people and I must thank Jidai Geki for holding this event. Many of my friends who did not know about this event enjoyed it very much and were happy I forced them into cosplay in the early morning. ありがとうございます! ヾ(▽^  )
@LOVE.SAE: It was really nice to have met you at the festival.  I'm glad that you and your friends had fun.
@StormFalcon & BlizzardTerrak: Thank you for coming out and photographing the cosplayers and festival.

The greater thanks belongs to ALL of the cosplayers that were able to attend Nikkei Matsuri.  You were exactly what I was trying to attract to the festival.  Although, I still believe that I didn't execute the event well enough... I will be reviewing what was done and what can be improved.   I'd be greatful for any additional +/- comments from you all. 

Okay prizes awarded:
4th place:  Pokemon Piplup Solar Bobblehead, $20+holder#1, Comicon Exclusive Macross Figure, $20+Holder#2
3rd place:  Plushie Totoro, Magic Knights Rayearth Complete DVD, Plushie Kiki's Delivery Servive Jiji
2nd place: Singer Sew&Mend portable sewing machine, Classic Media Godzilla DVD Box set.
1st place: 8G Apple Ipod Touch

Stormfalcon

And here are my photos from the Matsuri, both general ones and cosplay ones in the same album.  The cosplay-specific ones can also be found on Facebook.
My Cosplay Photography gallery, including FanimeCon 2001-2014:
http://stormfalcon.smugmug.com/CosplayPhotography

My DeviantArt Page:
http://stormfalcon.deviantart.com

KyuuBob

-kip.

Raydere

Turns out I didn't have to go to that thing, but my prof neglected to email me back telling me. Which is why I always reply to people texting or emailing me just to let them know I got their messages.

Had a fun time anyway, even if I had to leave early to go to campus for certainty's sake.

monikamilani

aghh i was there and saw the cosplay raffle then i realized i forgot my cosplay T_T
Just that weird, surprising, and awkward kid that's always there.
In the corner.
Watching your every move.
Secretly stalking you and watching you sleep. ;)
Fanime/Japan Expo Cosplays 2013~
-Cooking Mama
-Fem. Sasori
...pffft who the hell cares iunno kbye~

Jidai Geki

@KyuuBob: ... And he loves you too... Just make sure he dosen't try to plant a camphor tree in your backyard, when you're not looking...lol.

@G.S. LXIII: You did the right thing by double checking. I'm glad you had fun in your short visit.  I hope everything will be better for you at our next festival in July.

@MonikamiLani: Don't worry, there may be more opportunities for you to participate in the future.

Would anyone out there happen to know two girls who cosplayed at the festival, one in a Sailor Mars Costume and the other in a Kimono... I'm a bit curious as to why they didn't particpate in the raffle drawing.