Fanime Karaoke 2010

Started by Hank-KKD, March 10, 2010, 10:24:01 PM

Hank-KKD

*awakens from hibernation*

Just a few notes on Karaoke for 2010:

Our hours will be roughly the same as last year: contest on Friday followed by Open Mic, Saturday Open Mic plus Acoustikaraoke, and then Sunday will be Open Mic and the Gong Show!

Contest rules will be posted first week of April. At this time we're not anticipating any major changes.

Main contest signups will be in May. The sign-up and check-in process will (hopefully) be a bit more streamlined this time around, and we expect to have more spots this year.

Acoustikaraoke! and Gong Show signups will be at con only.

That's it for now!

-Hank

princesskitty18

How many spots are you expecting for the contest?
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

Hank-KKD

Quote from: princesskitty18 on March 11, 2010, 03:35:20 PM
How many spots are you expecting for the contest?

We're considering 40 right now if we can fit it into Friday's schedule.

Nina Star 9

A bit of an odd question here.

Are we allowed to request to see lyrics pre-con if we know that you have the song and the lyrics? There's a song I'd like to sing that I know you have the lyrics to, but I cannot find the lyrics anywhere else, and since it's a bit... odd, there's no way I can struggle through seeing the lyrics the first time when I go to sing the song.

If not, that's understandable, but I'd still like to know. :D Thank you.

Hank-KKD

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on March 14, 2010, 04:03:23 PM

Are we allowed to request to see lyrics pre-con if we know that you have the song and the lyrics? There's a song I'd like to sing that I know you have the lyrics to, but I cannot find the lyrics anywhere else, and since it's a bit... odd, there's no way I can struggle through seeing the lyrics the first time when I go to sing the song.

I am sorry but lyrics are not available pre-con.

Nina Star 9

That's too bad, but understanable. Thank you anyway.

Will you at least have a printed lyrics option, or will it all be on the wiimote system like last year?

yumicchi88

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on March 14, 2010, 04:03:23 PM

what song are you looking for? I might be able to help you look for it online.
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

Hank-KKD

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on March 20, 2010, 05:02:28 PM
That's too bad, but understanable. Thank you anyway.

Will you at least have a printed lyrics option, or will it all be on the wiimote system like last year?

The Wiimote setup is the future, and the future is now- our goal this year is to be paperless for lyrics.

Nina Star 9

Quote from: yumicchi88 on March 21, 2010, 10:28:08 PMwhat song are you looking for? I might be able to help you look for it online.
I've looked all over, but if you can help, I'd be grateful.

It's "Super Brothers" by Guitar Vader.

Quote from: GaleWolf on March 22, 2010, 03:03:38 AMThe Wiimote setup is the future, and the future is now- our goal this year is to be paperless for lyrics.
Well, let's just hope that the system works better than it did last year. :D I'm all for saving trees.

heeroyuy135

Oh boy, another year of the Gong Show!

LOVE.SAE

Wasn't Acoustic Karaoke on Sunday last year? I remember sitting there watching it... on Sunday. >________<

princesskitty18

hey i was just wonderin when the rules were gonna be up and all
i kno that the rules are probably gonna stay the same but just in case..
so...yea....
thanks =]
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

Hank-KKD

Quote from: LOVE.SAE on April 09, 2010, 10:21:18 PM
Wasn't Acoustic Karaoke on Sunday last year? I remember sitting there watching it... on Sunday. >________<

You are correct, we originally planned it for Saturday but changed it to Sunday. We may be adding one more contest this year so stay tuned for an announcement on the times for the new contest and the Acoustikaraoke! contest. The main contest will still be on Friday and the Gong Show will still be on Sunday night.

Quote from: princesskitty18
hey i was just wonderin when the rules were gonna be up and all

Sorry a few things came up that I had to deal with...this weekend is the new estimated time for contest rules.
So, if anybody had any comments on the rules for any of the contests, let this serve as your last chance to speak your piece.

Enkai

Will there be a keyboard available for Acoustikaraoke, or should contestants plan to bring their own instruments?

MyMidnightAffair

Hello!
I'd like to find out where I can sign up (online) for Karaoke.
And, since this is my first time participating in the contest, what room will it be held in??
Thank you.~

Inuashley

Is there a general estimation of when the contest is going to be on Friday? I vaguely remember it being at 3 different times for the different rounds in the late afternoon/evening two years ago, but since I was not there last year, I don't know what it was then, so I'd really appreciate an approximate time so I can plan photoshoots around it~. Thanks! ^^
Next conventions: Fanime 2011, Anime Next (?), Anime Expo, AM2

CaptainYossarian

QuoteWill there be a keyboard available for Acoustikaraoke, or should contestants plan to bring their own instruments?

As an addendum to this, if there isn't going to be a keyboard, would we even be allowed to bring our own? (What about a Hammond Organ? ;) Puhleeze! If only I had one... )
"Did I know Szat would betray us?" Urza asked quizzically. "I was counting on it"

Hank-KKD

Quote from: CaptainYossarian on April 19, 2010, 07:12:49 PM
QuoteWill there be a keyboard available for Acoustikaraoke, or should contestants plan to bring their own instruments?

As an addendum to this, if there isn't going to be a keyboard, would we even be allowed to bring our own? (What about a Hammond Organ? ;) Puhleeze! If only I had one... )

Yes- the whole point of Acoustikaraoke is that it's with your own instruments. Not sure right now if we'll have a keyboard available. Will know more closer to con.

Contest/Signup times are covered in the Contest Rules post.

Seraphil

I'm curious, does your guys' equipment/programs allow for key changing on songs?  +2 key, -3 key, etc.

Hank-KKD

Quote from: Seraphil on April 29, 2010, 09:27:58 PM
I'm curious, does your guys' equipment/programs allow for key changing on songs?  +2 key, -3 key, etc.

No- part of the challenge of the contest is to sing in the right key :-)