FF13 Out of Curiosity...

Started by SukebeStudios, March 15, 2010, 01:26:37 AM

SukebeStudios

Well, Final Fantasy 13 is out, and I like it. I also found out, Ali Hillis is going to be at Sac Anime. It got me to think, what would merchandise be worth, say on eBay, if it was autographed by someone that was part of it?

I got the Xbox 360 copy for $60. How much would it be worth AFTER she signed it?

Another thing, I found the PS3 Final Fantasy XIII bundle with the lowest price I found being, approx $600. About how much do you think it would be worth if Ali was to autograph the console and the game inside? (I HEAR the console is region free and can play both Japanese/American PS3 games. I could be wrong. If you know, tell me.

That's all. I was thinking of at least buying 1-2 additional copies of the game (1 Xbox360, and one PS3), have her sign my original to me, and the other two with just her name so I can sell them on eBay. What do you think they'd go for?

PyronIkari

98327498327598325493243298$

Really...? I mean... Really?

You're posting on these forums basically looking to see if you can make a profit selling an autographed game/system with a fairly unknown person that happens to be a VA on FFXIII. Yeah, k' if you want to exploit people, then go exploit people and don't drag these forums onto it.

Moonblossom

I work in an industry where autographs are a fairly common form of currency - geeky collectible toys, comics, etc, so I'm not just talking out of my butt here.

Every so often someone comes to us asking us to evaluate or resell something with the autograph of a relative no-name who happened to have something to do with the filming/production/whatever, and about half the time we have to tell them that they've *lowered* the value of the item. Having an essentially unknown actor sign stuff devalues it, because basically it's not mint anymore, and their autograph is worthless. The rest of the time the person is well-known enough that people will recognize the name so it's not devaluing the item, but it's not enough to raise the resale price significantly.

If you think this Ali Hillis might become legitimately "big-name famous" in the future, it might be worthwhile to get one copy signed. However, until she's more than a two-bit part actress who has little more than some guest spots on bad sitcoms (The New Adventures of Old Christine? Really?) on her resume, the autograph's not gonna be worth a whole hell of  a lot. There may be a very slight market for it in a few months because she's done a few other video games, but I know I sure as hell wouldn't pay more for a box someone's scribbled on.

Kyra_Maverick

I thought all PS3s were region free. I've got a backwards compatible 60gb and haven't had any problems playing imported games or blu-rays.

As for the autograph, I agree that I wouldn't pay extra for it. To me you'd be trying to sell me a used game someone wrote on for more then I could buy it new.

Also, I figure most FF fans will buy the game on PS3. It looks better and it all fits on one disc instead of 3.

BrightHeart76

If it's something you want, then do it.  Otherwise it seems like a long process to waste money.  That's my opinion at least.

As far as what it would be worth.  I used to work in a store that taught us all to answer the question "how much is this collectible worth?" with the phrase "It's worth as much as someone would pay for it".  We live in the world of ebay, sometimes valuable things go for nothing, sometimes worthless things go for insane money. 
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Mizuki

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on March 15, 2010, 11:00:06 PM
I thought all PS3s were region free. I've got a backwards compatible 60gb and haven't had any problems playing imported games or blu-rays.

As for the autograph, I agree that I wouldn't pay extra for it. To me you'd be trying to sell me a used game someone wrote on for more then I could buy it new.

Also, I figure most FF fans will buy the game on PS3. It looks better and it all fits on one disc instead of 3.

PS3 isn't region free, it just happens to be that US and Japan shares the same region code for bluray.

SukebeStudios

I coulda sworn I felt some insignificant cold breeze making a snide remark. Must be my imagination.

Anyways, this has actually been really helpful input, (save one) in making my decision. I suppose the idea of buying the PS3 bundle and having it signed is a bit much, especially at $600 minimum. But I guess it wouldn't be all too bad to just getting another copy of the game for her to sign, and hang onto it for a while. Hell, worse comes to worst, I can just give it as a Christmas present, right?

But about the bundle...if it plays blu rays both Japanese/USA, does it also play both Japanese/USA ps3 games too?

PyronIkari

Quote from: SukebeStudios on March 16, 2010, 12:54:03 AM
I coulda sworn I felt some insignificant cold breeze making a snide remark. Must be my imagination.

Anyways, this has actually been really helpful input, (save one) in making my decision. I suppose the idea of buying the PS3 bundle and having it signed is a bit much, especially at $600 minimum. But I guess it wouldn't be all too bad to just getting another copy of the game for her to sign, and hang onto it for a while. Hell, worse comes to worst, I can just give it as a Christmas present, right?

But about the bundle...if it plays blu rays both Japanese/USA, does it also play both Japanese/USA ps3 games too?

... You realize... PS3 games are Blu Rays right?

Kyra_Maverick

Quote from: Mizuki on March 15, 2010, 11:49:32 PM
PS3 isn't region free, it just happens to be that US and Japan shares the same region code for bluray.
Ah, that makes sense then.

Jerry

Quote from: SukebeStudios on March 16, 2010, 12:54:03 AM
I coulda sworn I felt some cold breeze...  Must be my imagination.

I think its those random rain storms that moved in this weekend - and here i thought it was suppose to be spring this weekend too. Check the weather more often if you dislike the cold and dress appropriately- now you know and knowing is half the battle.

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on March 16, 2010, 04:06:00 PM
Quote from: Mizuki on March 15, 2010, 11:49:32 PM
Ah, that makes sense then.

yah ive played a couple of random games from japan- and technically all the ps3 games are blu ray. I just have no clue how im playing said japanese game because i dont read japanese, but everyone once in a while i find it funny how random menu options are in english.

Plus doesnt the Blu-ray player update itself via the internets?

As for the pricing thing. there no "set of rules" for pricing a said item just because its signed.

Think of the comic book store/ sporting store approach. --- usually signed items are grossly overprices and hence stay in a said store...

if you want to attempt to turn a profit off signed memorabilia then by all means, but in this economy I'm not gonna waste my hard earned money and im pretty sure lots of other people wouldnt bother either.  
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D