Shonen Jump Cosplay Checkers 2011 Event *1/18*

Started by BSaphire, March 15, 2010, 10:04:35 AM

ICosplayNeji

Quote from: BSaphire on March 27, 2010, 06:01:07 AM
Quote from: BunofGovt on March 27, 2010, 03:48:39 AM
Quote from: BSaphire on March 15, 2010, 10:05:19 AM
10.   When a piece reaches the furthest row from the player who controls that piece, it is crowned and becomes a king. One of the pieces which had been captured is placed on top of the king so that it is twice as high as a single piece. (Cosplayer piece is given a crown to show that they are the "kinged" piece)

Although this could be hilarious with people riding on each other's backs or shoulders (thinking of Kenpachi and Yachiru from Bleach), certainly the crowns are a safer idea.  ;)
I know that it would make some WONDERFUL photo ops if we could do it the other way, but the crowns are the safer way to go. So... are you going to play? and what about you ICosplayNeji? There is room for both of you :P

Oh! I'm already up there for the Naruto group ^^ It's under my cosplay alias ElvenArcher, I'm just a dork who didn't remember to use the same username XD Sorry 'bout that ^^

Pengin-san

I would so be willing to partake!  I'm going as Yako Katsuragi from Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro.  I think Lenalee might be a little lonely on that list too : O!
I'm hosting a panel this year!  Come check out Visual Kei: More Than Music!  It will be filled with fun, glamor, and sheer awesome music!

lunarknight

I won't be able to do the first game. So I need to change it to the third game as Ryuho from Scryed as a checker piece

DarkMoonlitStar

Quote from: Pengin-san on April 04, 2010, 07:40:12 PM
I would so be willing to partake!  I'm going as Yako Katsuragi from Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro.  I think Lenalee might be a little lonely on that list too : O!

yah...where are all the other people?!?!?! tho I might be able to drag some friends along I guess.... o.o
"Find yourself, that's the key & I am the only person I can be, myself, that''s me."
2015 Cosplay -tentative-
Shiro- No Game No Life
Koujaku- DraMaticalMurder
Esdese/Esdeath- Akame ga Kiru!
Daiki Aomine-Kuroko no Basuke

BSaphire

I have updated the list :) I hope everyone had a great Easter! Sorry it has taken me so long to update, I'm sick :( and it hurts my head to be sitting at the computer so I am doing it in small steps.

Still looking for TEAM BLEACH though..... Hummm.... Maybe someone can sneak over to Soul Society and grab me some random Shinigamis for team BLEACH! :P
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Touya no Miko

You need some Reborn! As Squalo, I'll be glad to partake in the first game!
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

BSaphire

Quote from: Touya no Miko on April 06, 2010, 11:28:51 AM
You need some Reborn! As Squalo, I'll be glad to partake in the first game!
I agree with you there! I added you as a cosplay piece on the 1st game. I could also use some Death Note, D. Grey man, Prince of Tennis, Yu Yu Hakusho, DBZ, and A WHOLE LOTTA BLEACH! :P
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BrightHeart76

(before reading please note I'm just being silly and trying to start some friendly rivalry with the Bleach cosplayers...I have total respect for the fans and cosplayers of Bleach)

That being said...

We on the Naruto side of the checkers board are just SO AWESOME that we have scared off the Bleach side!!  We will win just by virtue of true awesomeness.  (insert image of Tsunade striking a victory pose here)
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

TokenBlackGuy

Lol, don't forget technically they are all dead souls reapers, so i guess we can't really kill what we cannot see. Or maybe im just over thinking this a lil too much :p. Every time i say fanime i crack a big smile idk why, its like a condition i have or something lol.
Deviantart Profile. http://tokenblackguy1991.deviantart.com/

My Cosplay. TBA

OH MY GAWD YOU ARE SO NEEDY!!!!!

ICosplayNeji

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on April 11, 2010, 12:37:30 PM
(before reading please note I'm just being silly and trying to start some friendly rivalry with the Bleach cosplayers...I have total respect for the fans and cosplayers of Bleach)

That being said...

We on the Naruto side of the checkers board are just SO AWESOME that we have scared off the Bleach side!!  We will win just by virtue of true awesomeness.  (insert image of Tsunade striking a victory pose here)

Nicely put, Tsunade-sama! (cue Hyuuga smirk lol)

BunofGovt

I'm sure plenty of Bleach cosplayers will sign up before much longer.  Otherwise, I'll be forced to bring out my Kenpachi cosplay ...  ;D
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

EJAY420

Sign me up for the Jump gathering. I will be going as Hiroku (Naruto Shippuuden).
Most Impressive.

BSaphire

@ BrightHeart76, TokenBLackGuy, & I CosplayNeji: Way to call them out! :P I sure hope Team Bleach fills up... I know that many Naruto cospeeps also cosplay Bleach, but I want MORE! *LOL

@ BunofGovt: You are now added to games one and two! No way you can back out now *giggles it was the though of Kenpachi and his side kick that made me think of how much fun cosplay checkers would be so your like my mascot! *LOL Now to find your side kick....

@EJAY420: I added you to the 2nd game as a player piece, but I need a board game player (Team Leader.)
I did think of roping BrightHeart76 into being Team Leader, but she has worked hard on the Naruto gathering so I figured she could play what ever part she would like. If you want to be in games one or three let me know and I will add you.

List updated!
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

EJAY420

Yeah, I'll be around all that festivities. It's gonna be a blast. So close, I can smell it!
Most Impressive.

BSaphire

I agree... possibly even epic! :P

So a question was posed about being able to play as one character and then possibly play as another. For the most part this is possible if you put a game in between you. (*NOTE* Better be a quick change though cause the games shouldn't take longer than 45 minutes (Naruto cospeeps have their gathering at noon so I wanted to make sure we were done with the Bleach V Naruto game #2 which should start around 10:15 and end around 11 am.) Though we are planning on 45 minutes of fun for each game it could be shorter or longer, just depends on how epic each game gets :P

Now if you are doing game #2... well then you would probably have to stay as that character for game #3. However, if we continue and open it up to other cosplayer then you could change after game #2 and come back for game #4 (open to all cosplayers.)

The first three games are specifically for Shonen Jump cospeeps to compete/play in and in game #3 there is an opening for 13 random cospeeps so that is where any cosplayer can start participating.

So if you are not in game #2 then join game #1 and quick change for game #3.

Hope this helps!
Squidges
BSaphire
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

Somebody

Speaking of our random cospeep team, turns out my friend is cosplaying as Dr. Stein on a different day. He's trying to make a Hetalia costume, but for now I think it's safest to put him down as Waldo (you know, Where's Waldo?) since that's a quick costume. Sorry for the change and thanks! Hopefully we get some more Bleach/Naruto/Shonen Jump cosplayers!
Cosplay 2013
Friday night: RWBY (incomplete)
Saturday morning: Arrietty
Sunday afternoon: Ruby w/ Adam (RWBY, no scythe)
Monday: Arrietty

BSaphire

Quote from: Somebody on April 25, 2010, 01:03:55 PM
Speaking of our random cospeep team, turns out my friend is cosplaying as Dr. Stein on a different day. He's trying to make a Hetalia costume, but for now I think it's safest to put him down as Waldo (you know, Where's Waldo?) since that's a quick costume. Sorry for the change and thanks! Hopefully we get some more Bleach/Naruto/Shonen Jump cosplayers!
Thanks for telling me and I changed it.

We really could use more checkers players. Now if we can't get a team Bleach is there another team that would like to step in and play against Naruto? I'm even willing to 7/6 split of 2 Jump titles or 1/2 Jump 1/2 cosplayers.

Any takers?

Squidges
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

TokenBlackGuy

Deviantart Profile. http://tokenblackguy1991.deviantart.com/

My Cosplay. TBA

OH MY GAWD YOU ARE SO NEEDY!!!!!

Eeri-chan

Ohhh! I want to play! This sounds like so much fun!

I will be cosplaying Sexy No Jutsu Drunken Fist Rock Lee from Naruto for the event! I can play game one and two. Depending on when the Pirates vs Ninjas gathering is, I might have to leave before the third game, or any later games, so I think those would be the best opportunities for me to join in.