STENCILS!!

Started by Elimeno, March 27, 2010, 03:13:17 PM

Elimeno

Playing around with the idea of selling the stencils themselves in AA, i've only did one original so far, but tell me what you guys think.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43640416@N03/4467446353/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43640416@N03/4468219482/in/photostream/
Know much about purgatory? It's the world we live in now, and Halloween is the day a damned soul in purgatory can be released into heaven, if he prays hard enough. Say your prayers. - Vincent Volaju

chuubear

When you go to spray paint, try using little bits of taped rolled up to attach the stecil to what you are spraypainting the image on. You can also push the stencil against the surface with a stick or your fingers (if you dont mind getting spray paint on them). That way you'll get cleaning lines and not the fadding out of the paint. But as for your stencils themselves, they look good.

koji

Sounds and looks sweet. When I'm in the artist alley I'm looking for original ideas and creations. This may not catch on with mainstream congoers (people want instant gratification when they fork over their cash), but you'll probably appeal to those who like creating.

What were you planning on putting on them?

Elimeno

well, it was gonna be like the one up 'shroom and other well known things, easier stencils to work with as well as some other original stuff.  Didn't happen this year so maybe next year :P
Know much about purgatory? It's the world we live in now, and Halloween is the day a damned soul in purgatory can be released into heaven, if he prays hard enough. Say your prayers. - Vincent Volaju

Somebody

OH JEEZ is that Girugamesh from that old Sakuracon video? xDDD
Very cool though :D
Cosplay 2013
Friday night: RWBY (incomplete)
Saturday morning: Arrietty
Sunday afternoon: Ruby w/ Adam (RWBY, no scythe)
Monday: Arrietty

Elimeno

Quote from: Somebody on June 08, 2010, 02:44:43 PM
OH JEEZ is that Girugamesh from that old Sakuracon video? xDDD
Very cool though :D

lol, yes; yes it is

Zirphex

Quote from: chuubear on June 03, 2010, 02:50:16 PM
When you go to spray paint, try using little bits of taped rolled up to attach the stecil to what you are spraypainting the image on. You can also push the stencil against the surface with a stick or your fingers (if you dont mind getting spray paint on them). That way you'll get cleaning lines and not the fadding out of the paint. But as for your stencils themselves, they look good.

or you can buy some tacky spray glue, but if it's only a paper stencil it's pretty much garbage afterwards.
MANHO!