Tabletop (Board/Card Games)

Started by Ayanami Rei First Child, March 28, 2010, 02:10:33 AM

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: c2chaos on April 15, 2010, 06:36:55 PM
Anybody here ever played Zombies? It's so much fun! You guys should check it out.
That game is definitely an amusing game to play at times. There's just something magical about killing zombies, and dumping zombies on friends XD

thesteve

if there is EDH to be had ill bring my deck

Stranghill

I'm not too certain on how much demand there would be for such a game, but I have Heroscape's two master sets and a great deal of expansion sets as well. However, considering the way boards are setup (long process) it probably isn't fanime-capable. If there's an interest, however, it can be done.
"Blood begets blood. Nobody knows what i means for certain. Except trouble. Everyone knows it means trouble." -Stranghill Olganis

chuuhai

yay, munchkin!

does anyone have Bang!? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bang!
i've only played it once but it was freaking fun! would love to play it again..

DrownedKing

Wow. I haven't played M:tG in nearly 12 years, but now I'm tempted to bring my old 1.5 deck, just to see how well it aged. (Not that I was all that great when I DID play...but still. :D) And would anyone be interested in a sealed deck match?

I'll have UNO also, and I've always wanted to try Munchkin. Some of the other games mentioned look interesting as well.

Dracil

Here's my board and card game collection sans expansions with a minimum BGG rating of 6/10: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/Dracil?gallery=large&columns=title%7Cstatus%7Cversion%7Crating%7Cbggrating%7Cplays%7Ccomment%7Ccommands&minbggrating=6&excludesubtype=boardgameexpansion&own=1&ff=1&subtype=boardgame

I'm almost certainly going to bring several generally portable environment-proof games+expansions (Hive, Roll Through the Ages, Liar's Dice/Perudo with slightly modified rules).

And I'll probably bring one medium-sized game+expansions (Space Alert, Galaxy Trucker, or Pandemic most likely)

I might bring a big box game+expansions (Battlestar Galactica, Dominion, Last Night on Earth, etc.) if there's actually a lot of interest for it (unfortunately, Arkham Horror is probably out of the picture)

CaptainYossarian

Quote(unfortunately, Arkham Horror is probably out of the picture)

Would you be willing to play, because I'm probably going to be bringing mine, although I only have the base set?
"Did I know Szat would betray us?" Urza asked quizzically. "I was counting on it"

azor12

I would be down for learning Arkham Horror as well. Right Now im thinking of bringing Red Dragon Inn, D&D 4e since im doing a panel and running games for it, and My new acquisition Bang!.

Dracil

Quote from: CaptainYossarian on May 12, 2010, 09:18:19 PM

Would you be willing to play, because I'm probably going to be bringing mine, although I only have the base set?

Definitely.  I haven't actually gotten a chance to play my own copy yet. :P

CaptainYossarian

Quote from: Dracil on May 13, 2010, 01:04:16 AM
Quote from: CaptainYossarian on May 12, 2010, 09:18:19 PM

Definitely.  I haven't actually gotten a chance to play my own copy yet. :P

QuoteI would be down for learning Arkham Horror as well. Right Now im thinking of bringing Red Dragon Inn, D&D 4e since im doing a panel and running games for it, and My new acquisition Bang!.

Sounds great on both counts. I'll be there all four days, and am basically up for running a game any time.
"Did I know Szat would betray us?" Urza asked quizzically. "I was counting on it"

Dracil

We should probably exchange phone numbers closer to the event or schedule a time to meet up (or both!) to make sure this happens. :)

I'll be there all 4 days as well (actually checking in on Thursday)

chaosord

I have Dark Heresy Rule Book (Warhammer 40k TT RPG) that I can bring if enough people are interested.

I would recommended bringing your own d10s at least 2.

CaptainYossarian

QuoteWe should probably exchange phone numbers closer to the event or schedule a time to meet up (or both!) to make sure this happens.

I'll be there all 4 days as well (actually checking in on Thursday)

I won't actually have a phone (broken :'[), but you can look out for the man in the Soviet Uniform. As for time, how about like 3:00 on Saturday? That was just out of a hat, though--anything works.

I have Dark Heresy Rule Book (Warhammer 40k TT RPG) that I can bring if enough people are interested.

I would recommended bringing your own d10s at least 2.

Good God-Emperor, please! I have Dark Hearsay, too, but I've never run it for lack of interest. Sign me up!

Dracil

Well, I need to see what time the panels and events I want to attend are happening first before I know what times I'd be available. :) Something like Arkham Horror we'll probably want to block off at least 3 hours for it.  Probably 4 to be safe. :P

chuuhai

Quote from: azor12 on May 12, 2010, 10:03:57 PM
I would be down for learning Arkham Horror as well. Right Now im thinking of bringing Red Dragon Inn, D&D 4e since im doing a panel and running games for it, and My new acquisition Bang!.

YAY! BANG!

CaptainYossarian

QuoteWell, I need to see what time the panels and events I want to attend are happening first before I know what times I'd be available.  Something like Arkham Horror we'll probably want to block off at least 3 hours for it.  Probably 4 to be safe.

Well, as I said, I only have the basic set, so more like in the 2 hour range, but we probably should wait till the schedule comes out.

Dracil

I'm basing the 3-4 hours on the box's printed 180 minutes + an extra hour for setup/rules explaining/cleanup. :P

Bang is a fun game.  Definitely want 5 or 7 for that one. :)

CaptainYossarian

QuoteI'm basing the 3-4 hours on the box's printed 180 minutes + an extra hour for setup/rules explaining/cleanup.

Yeah, if we had more than 2-3 and novices it would probably take about that long.

Mordyan

Last time I played an Arkham Horror game with the Kingsport expansion with 8 people we couldn't finish the game in 3 1/2 hours. Everyone had played the basic set and just had to learn the rules for the expansion.

I have most the expansions except for Innsmouth Horror and the The Lurker at the Threshold. I would be happy to bring one or two of them. Available to bring would be:

The Dunwich Horror
Curse of the Dark Pharaoh
The King in Yellow
Kingsport Horror
Black Goat of the Woods

They can easily be added to your set and taken back out as they have special symbols to differentiate them so you can sort them back out. Though I might bring my own base set just in case.

As long as the game doesn't interfere with the concerts I should most likely have the time and would love to play.

CaptainYossarian

QuoteLast time I played an Arkham Horror game with the Kingsport expansion with 8 people we couldn't finish the game in 3 1/2 hours. Everyone had played the basic set and just had to learn the rules for the expansion.

8 investigators? I've never been able to get more than 3 people into a game--most of the time, I end up going solo. That would take forever.

QuoteI have most the expansions except for Innsmouth Horror and the The Lurker at the Threshold. I would be happy to bring one or two of them. Available to bring would be:

The Dunwich Horror
Curse of the Dark Pharaoh
The King in Yellow
Kingsport Horror
Black Goat of the Woods

If you could, I'd really like to try out the Dunwitch Horror, although I've heard some good thing about Kingsport as well (I've always wanted to play the Dreamwalker, although I'm not sure he's actually any good). IIRC, King in Yellow, Curse of The Dark Pharaoh, and Black Goat of the Woods, are only extra cards and rules, right?

QuoteAs long as the game doesn't interfere with the concerts I should most likely have the time and would love to play.

Wow, this is really taking off. The more the merrier!