Tabletop (Board/Card Games)

Started by Ayanami Rei First Child, March 28, 2010, 02:10:33 AM

Ayanami Rei First Child

I'd love to know what games Fanime will have in terms of board/card games, as well as what people will be bringing.

I'll be bringing My Dwarves Can Fly, and I'll TRY to bring Dominion.

I'd love to hear from everyone else on this.

azor12

I think I will be bringing Catan, Red Dragon Inn, and Maybe Last Night on Earth

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: azor12 on March 28, 2010, 12:03:57 PM
I think I will be bringing Catan, Red Dragon Inn, and Maybe Last Night on Earth
Oh man Red Dragon Inn is always a lot of good time, and Catan is a classic! <3

havok rt

I'll probably bring MUCHKIN and UNO cuz I'm constantly play those games anyways.
Fanime Staff:2010 Social Gaming, 2012 Tabletop Gaming

Cosplay for 2012: Walking around with "The Most Interesting Man In the World" (aka the dos equis guy)

CaptainYossarian

I'll be brining my Arkham Horror for sure, but I only have the base game, so anyone with a more hefty set should feel free to lug it out as well. I might also bring my Lord of the Rings game, or perhaps History of the World if there's any interest. Would love to see some Axis and Allies if possible, or even World in Flames.
"Did I know Szat would betray us?" Urza asked quizzically. "I was counting on it"

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: havok rt on March 29, 2010, 07:27:35 PM
I'll probably bring MUCHKIN and UNO cuz I'm constantly play those games anyways.
Munchkin is always a great clssic. Although I prefer Fluxx to Uno, since Fluxx is so much more insane ^^;

doriangray

Will be bringing my Magic decks with me, because there were a plethora of pickup games there.
All love is elf love!

Princesses who choose the dragon over the white knight don't get to ride the dragon into the sunset; they get eaten, and from what the dragons tell me, they're crunchy.

azor12

woot, Magic, we need some EDH in this con

doriangray

Besides Magic, Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, and Naruto, which collectible card and miniatures games are people bringing?
All love is elf love!

Princesses who choose the dragon over the white knight don't get to ride the dragon into the sunset; they get eaten, and from what the dragons tell me, they're crunchy.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Ill bring my YuGiO~h wait never mind you said besides

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Shinsengumi

I could bring my YuGiOh deck but I don't I'll have the time to play. Plus I haven't done any updates on my deck in 2 years.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Shinsengumi on April 14, 2010, 01:29:18 AM
I could bring my YuGiOh deck but I don't I'll have the time to play. Plus I haven't done any updates on my deck in 2 years.

Hell if it was anything in the Meta then half the cards are banned by now.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Shinsengumi

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 14, 2010, 01:52:58 AM

No I still use Six Samurais, but I don't think there good now. I'm also thinking of getting into Magic.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

azor12

Magic is not a bad game to get into. I play and it is a blast, it just depends if you going to be casual or competitive for the format that best suits you.

CaptainYossarian

Quote from: doriangray on April 13, 2010, 10:42:00 PM
Besides Magic, Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, and Naruto, which collectible card and miniatures games are people bringing?

I may bring my 40K minis if theres any interest. I'm IG.
"Did I know Szat would betray us?" Urza asked quizzically. "I was counting on it"

c2chaos

Anybody here ever played Zombies? It's so much fun! You guys should check it out.

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Shinsengumi on April 15, 2010, 01:08:50 AM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 14, 2010, 01:52:58 AM

No I still use Six Samurais, but I don't think there good now. I'm also thinking of getting into Magic.

After RotA went to 1 they never were the same. They are decent now because of Gateway to the Six, but not anything past Tier 2.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: azor12 on April 15, 2010, 09:03:33 AM
Magic is not a bad game to get into. I play and it is a blast, it just depends if you going to be casual or competitive for the format that best suits you.

I would get into Magic if only their Formats were not Set rotations. Damn I hate Set Rotation.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

azor12

yeah luckily there are a few formats that dont involve set rotation. For example I Play EDH, or Eternal Dragon Highlander, which has a small banned list but every set is available for use

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: azor12 on April 16, 2010, 11:54:56 AM
yeah luckily there are a few formats that dont involve set rotation. For example I Play EDH, or Eternal Dragon Highlander, which has a small banned list but every set is available for use

From my understanding though Most of the formats past the main Format are virtually unplayed by most and lacks a good amount of events, correct? I assume this Format is the same.
Like YGO which has only 3 Formats (Advanced, Traditional, Pegasus), only Advanced sees play. Pegasus has little support and is only really tacked onto Large Scale Advanced Format tournaments as side events, and Traditional lacks official events period, with very little play past a local level.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.