Momoists Call Workshop - 2010 edition

Started by tenton, March 28, 2010, 02:16:42 PM

tenton

Edit: Schedule is out, the panel is at 3pm, Saturday, in Panel Room #3 (Marriott Salon 4-6)

Since it's official (via Fanime's twitter post) that Halko Momoi is coming back to Fanime this year and we've been accepted, it's time to announce the 2010 edition of the Momoists Call Workshop.

As it was last year, this panel is aimed teachings some of the basic (and not so basic) Calls (coordinated cheering) done at Momoi's events all over the world. So, if you missed this last year, or you want a refresher course, or you just want to have some fun, please join us.

Also, if you have any suggestions, please feel free to shoot them my way; the panel is designed to teach and inform. If there's something you think you'd like to learn, let's us know! If there are things that you think didn't work at last year's panel, let us know! If there were some things that you thought worked pretty well last year, let us know that, too!

Of course, everyone knows to bring their glowsticks to her concert, right?  8)

Chun

Last year's call workshop went great; if anything moving the seats might be something to consider this year; if the program guides and the information come out just like last year, I think it's going to be yet another amazing experience.

Also, off-topic but, what's the usage of her fans (The plastic ones) in the concert? Or should they be brought at all?

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

tenton

Quote from: Chun on March 31, 2010, 03:24:46 AM
Last year's call workshop went great; if anything moving the seats might be something to consider this year; if the program guides and the information come out just like last year, I think it's going to be yet another amazing experience.

While I'm not sure if we can even move the chairs, it might take up panel time to do so (can't move them before hand and we would have to move them back before the next panel came in), so maybe not.  8)

QuoteAlso, off-topic but, what's the usage of her fans (The plastic ones) in the concert? Or should they be brought at all?

You mean uchiwa (団扇)? For an indoor performance, they might be hard for her to see. I think they've been used (or can be used) for outdoor lives, where glowsticks aren't so easily seen, though people still use glowsticks then. I can ask around a bit; I want to say there was at least one event (I think it was outdoors) that the fans used them at her performance.

Kava

Unfortunately, the chairs cannot be moved. First, there is no time to do so, as already mentioned, but it's also something that's part of our contract with the facility we rent the rooms from. All room changing has to be done by them, not us, and incurs additional fees.

Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

Kazuko

I am excited that the momoists will be back!! also I would love to go to this panel (seeing as i missed it last year T___T)

I really want to learn a lot of the calls!!

tenton

Quote from: Chun on March 31, 2010, 03:24:46 AMAlso, off-topic but, what's the usage of her fans (The plastic ones) in the concert? Or should they be brought at all?

I should probably mention that if you want to bring it and cheer her on with it, it's fine. Just try not to block others while using it. ;D

Momoi is all about people getting along together and every time I run into her fans, they have been the most welcoming and accepting fans I've seen; pretty much, you can do what you want to do (some artists ban otagei, for example, for a variety of reasons) as long as you're not like disturbing or whacking the people next to you (unless they like that.  8) )

Dracil

From going to the workshop last year, I think there wasn't nearly enough time in the panel to really learn everything.  So I think it might be useful if there was a video before/after hosted somewhere of all the moves with their names in the captions so people can practice/learn outside the workshop.  I also wasn't quite sure what people were saying sometimes and so was probably saying the wrong stuff during the concert. :P

Also, it might be a good idea to let people know where to buy the glowsticks before the event so they can bring them. :)

Edit: I see the other Momoi thread has a video. :)

tenton

Quote from: Chun on March 31, 2010, 03:24:46 AMAlso, off-topic but, what's the usage of her fans (The plastic ones) in the concert? Or should they be brought at all?

Thought I'd bring this back up now that it's been revealed that there's this Quest for Momoi event going on. Because some locations could be in fairly well lit areas, bringing an uchiwa with you is not a bad idea. Might be harder to see glowsticks in the more well lit areas (Stage Zero is a much brighter area than the Civic, for example).

tenton

Edited the official panel time into the first post.

tenton

Thanks to everyone for coming out. Hopefully it was helpful in some way.

The panel time felt too short for what we planned to do; if she comes back next year, we might just go with a pure practice session; show the moves and just jump right into song practice. Well, this relies on a couple of assumptions. ;D