Free Cardboard Robot Costume Giveaway

Started by Shionami, March 28, 2010, 08:10:09 PM

Shionami

Hello to everyone reading this. As suggested by the topic, I am offering to give away my cardboard robot costume from last year's Fanime. Some of you may remember seeing a robot waddling around the convention center; yeeeeeah, that was me. Anyway, it's a bit beaten up from a 2 hour glompfest but still intact. If you're interested in claiming this costume, post a comment in this thread and maybe why you want/deserve it. Depending on the demand for the costume, I might make a contest out of it. No questions asked on what you're going to do with it, as long as you don't mutilate it. >.<

A few disclaimers:
- The head as of now is flattened and not assembled. I've also taken out the lights for its eyes.
- The "skin" of the robot is a bit dirty, you might want to re-skin the robot with brown "grocery bag" type of paper.
- As for the person the costume was made for; I'm 5'5" and super skinny, just so you know.
- The lighting in the head is comprised of a few insulated wires, 4 AA batteries, two light switches, and two mini light bulbs (costs about $10).

If you have any questions, just post them in the thread and I'll try to answer them asap.

Deadline for the offer: April 30, 2010
"Your hair!... She punched the highlights out of your hair!"

michiko nakano

omg i saw you!  your box costume is super-cute!!

TC X0 Lt 0X

Hell, I'll claim it.
I have always wanted to do some cosplaying but lack the time/money to create/buy one, so this sounds like the perfect opportunity to get into some cosplay.
Plus it just won't be Faninme without the Box Robot  ;)

Case in point, yes, I want it.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Moonblossom

Were you also at Fanime 2008? If so, I got your picture!

Her name is Danboard, by the way.

TC X0 Lt 0X

IC

I've always refered to him as Boxy Brown, because for some reason a cardboard robot reminds me of a cardboard box with an afro.

Now for pro pick:

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Moonblossom

She's a side-character from the Yotsubato! manga.

It's actually just a costume, there's a young girl inside.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Moonblossom on March 29, 2010, 06:05:07 PM
She's a side-character from the Yotsubato! manga.

It's actually just a costume, there's a young girl inside.

Lulz IC

So no one else has posted interest in the costume yet?
I just might get it yet >=3

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Shionami

Hmm, I want to set a deadline for the end of April. If no one steps up to challenge your claim, the costume is yours.

Elimeno

I CHALLENGE YOU FOR THE SAKE OF CHALLENGING!!

naw, not really. Good luck!
Know much about purgatory? It's the world we live in now, and Halloween is the day a damned soul in purgatory can be released into heaven, if he prays hard enough. Say your prayers. - Vincent Volaju

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Elimeno on April 01, 2010, 09:53:12 AM
I CHALLENGE YOU FOR THE SAKE OF CHALLENGING!!

naw, not really. Good luck!

Can I count you as a defeat then? =D?
Only 30 More days to go!

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

BunofGovt

I should bring my Yotsuba cosplay to Fanime and look for you as Danboard... ;D
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Shionami

Well as of now, the costume needs some work for it to actually be wearable once again. If you live in San Jose, CA, I could give the costume to whoever wins before the convention so that they could fix it up a bit. Although, I'm sure that sounds kind of shady and I'd rather give the costume away during the convention. We'll see how things go.  :-\

TC X0 Lt 0X

Well all it needs is to be reskined and the head needs to be reassemble, correct?

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Shionami

TC X0 Lt 0X

Well, if I presumably win, I am in the San Jose Area so it should not be a problem to pick it up so that I can repair it before con.
But Yes, we will see how things go.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

KyuuBob

I wanna try to win it~ ; 3;~

And I would fit in it too~~

I've always wanted that box... + A+.
-kip.

Elimeno

HEEEYA COOOMES A CHALENGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
Know much about purgatory? It's the world we live in now, and Halloween is the day a damned soul in purgatory can be released into heaven, if he prays hard enough. Say your prayers. - Vincent Volaju

TC X0 Lt 0X

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

LOVE.SAE

I would like to try and claim it as well. ( U ω U )
I am a big fan of the Yotsubato and I really like your Danbooru cosplay! ( ^ ω ^ )
I first read Yotsuba in 2003 when my mother came back from Japan and bought me a Dengeki Daioh magazine.
I was very happy reading it as a middle schooler, but I was disappointed because I wouldn't know when I will ever get another Dengeki Daioh magazine for the next chapter ( ; 3 ; ) So when I became an 8th grader, I found book one at my school's book fair! And it was when it was still by ADV
*_____* Very important to me that it was published from ADV. I have all the manga at the moment, and books one through five I have are the original ADV translations and covers. Then book six and seven came out and they reprinted all of them because Yen Press acquired the license. ;___; But I purchased them anyway, I don't like Yen Press! They're getting all the good manga titles and charging more for them. Fuahhhh it makes me sad. I am now in 12th grade and I think when I first read Yotsuba, it helped me with English since I had the original Japanese chapter to compare with it. So that is why I want your Danbo costume, because Yotsubato has made a great impact on my childhood おねがいします~ (● ω ●)
You should be able to tell, I would really like your costume ( = ω = )

They have a happy home :3

Can you guys notice the difference between Yen Press and ADV? ; 3 ;