Free Cardboard Robot Costume Giveaway

Started by Shionami, March 28, 2010, 08:10:09 PM

TC X0 Lt 0X

None because the hole is empty.

The President (currently Barrack Obama) Lives in the White House.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

LOVE.SAE

Is there a way there can be a certain given time you can give us the question? ; 3 ;

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: LOVE.SAE on April 23, 2010, 08:48:10 PM
Is there a way there can be a certain given time you can give us the question? ; 3 ;

The only problem with that is that we will just have a bunch of us sitting on the thread at given time ready to post within seconds of question. THe only legit way to do it is have a wide range time span inwhich the question will be posted, like say between 6PM to 12AM.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Mint

Quote from: Shionami on April 20, 2010, 07:23:20 PM
Alright, so I'm done with stressful exams so let's start the game. For the next week or so I'm going to post a question each day and the first person to answer correctly in the thread will receive a point. The time of day in which I post the question will be random. A tie breaker question will be posted if at the end a tie results. Today's question will be a bonus:

Name one thing special about April 20th.  ;D 2 points to whoever can tell me the special thing related to danboard that happened today.

...But happy 100th post. :D
2012 YO.
Friday: Yin (Darker than black)
Saturday: Alibaba (Magi); Sheryl (Macross Frontier); CC (Code Geass)
Sunday: Ikuto Tsukiyomi (Shugo Chara); Peter Pan (Disney)
Monday: Panda Kigurumi

LOVE.SAE

Quote from: Mint on April 23, 2010, 08:59:02 PM
Quote from: Shionami on April 20, 2010, 07:23:20 PM
Alright, so I'm done with stressful exams so let's start the game. For the next week or so I'm going to post a question each day and the first person to answer correctly in the thread will receive a point. The time of day in which I post the question will be random. A tie breaker question will be posted if at the end a tie results. Today's question will be a bonus:

Name one thing special about April 20th.  ;D 2 points to whoever can tell me the special thing related to danboard that happened today.

...But happy 100th post. :D

*cries* Did not read just that sentence clearly.
What a waste of my 10th post.

Shionami

I suppose if you guys can agree on a certain time, I'll try to post a question during that certain time range for the remainder of the competition.

The next question will be posted @ 6 PM (PST).
"Your hair!... She punched the highlights out of your hair!"

LOVE.SAE

Quote from: Shionami on April 23, 2010, 11:03:36 PM
I suppose if you guys can agree on a certain time, I'll try to post a question during that certain time range for the remainder of the competition.

The next question will be posted @ 6 PM (PST).

Oh thank thee kind soul! ( ❤ w ❤ )
What do you guys think~? :3
How about 4:00 PM? おねがい~

TC X0 Lt 0X

4PM is a bad time for me. I work during the time and it will completely kill my chances at the contest. I assume we will all be avaliable between 6PM to 10PM for the most part. This sounds like the best idea.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Shionami

Official contest day [4]:

For the past 4 years (not including last year) I've attended Fanime, where have the Asian Film rooms been? [2 pts]

TC X0 Lt 0X

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Shionami

Official contest day [5]:

Sadly, San Jose is no where near the bay.  :-[ But we do have a man made lake or two. Name one man made lake. [2 pts, you can only answer once, more than one person can answer, no duplicate answers]

Current tally:
SukebeStudios:1 pt
TC_X0_Lt_0X:6 pts +4 pts = 10 pts
KyuuBob:1 pt
Aphaestus:1 pt
LOVE.SAE:2 pts +2 pts for Cunningham Lake +1 pt for local favoritism (I live near Cunningham. xD) = 5 pts

LOVE.SAE

TC X0 Lt 0X

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Shionami

Official contest day [6]:

What high school did the creator of Invader Zim go to? [3 pts]

TC X0 Lt 0X

Mount Pleasant High School in East San Jose

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

KyuuBob

Aw man that's a question I actually knew the answer too ; 3;"
-kip.

Shionami

Edit: 10:00 PM - The 9 point grand total for this question is still up for grabs, don't give up so easily people!

Official contest day [7]:

In East San Jose there is a restaurant popular for its Cajun seafood. Often times the wait is an hour+ to be served. A modest place with delicious food, what is the name of this restaurant? [2 pts, may be increased if people have difficulty finding the place but I doubt it.  :P]

Bonus: Pictures of the Danboard costume from Fanime are floating around the internet. No, I'm not talking about the Danboard from Fanime 2008 (not me) but the Danboard from 2009 (me). Find one of these pictures and post the link. [2 pts] [one entry per person] [Pics from Aphaestus's Deviantart gallery DO NOT COUNT.]

I know of at least one VIDEO which had the costume, taken early Saturday morning last Fanime. Post the link to this video. [5 POINTS] [one entry per person]

Note: I'm not trying to blow my own horn. :P Just trying to offer a question that's somewhat challenging. The grand total of points needs a bit of balancing out so if you're relentless, you just might be able to catch up with TC_X0_Lt_0X. xD

Current tally:
SukebeStudios:1 pt
TC_X0_Lt_0X:10 pts +5 pts [sorry about that] = 15 pts +2 pts [Bonus]
KyuuBob:1 pt
Aphaestus:1 pt
LOVE.SAE: 5 pts

TC X0 Lt 0X

1) Craw Daddy

2)

BTW I did not get points for the Lake question? I am almost certain Alamden Lake used to be a Quarry.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.