Free Cardboard Robot Costume Giveaway

Started by Shionami, March 28, 2010, 08:10:09 PM

LOVE.SAE

Wahh is there really no way for the questions to be posted earlier?

Shionami

I've decided to put an extension on yesterday's question and today's question will be posted tomorrow at 4 PM (PST). So far no one has answered the main question correctly. I suggest you all use this time to try and answer the main question and if possible the bonus questions too. Depending on the turnout of this question and the next question, the final question may or may not be posted on Saturday @ 4 PM (PST).

Note: The main question has been bumped up to 5 pts. Along with the bonuses, the grand total is 12 pts.

Quote from: Shionami on April 27, 2010, 08:24:14 PM
Edit: 10:00 PM - The 9 point grand total for this question is still up for grabs, don't give up so easily people!

Official contest day [7]:

In East San Jose there is a restaurant popular for its Cajun seafood. Often times the wait is an hour+ to be served. A modest place with delicious food, what is the name of this restaurant? [2 pts, may be increased if people have difficulty finding the place but I doubt it.  :P]

Bonus: Pictures of the Danboard costume from Fanime are floating around the internet. No, I'm not talking about the Danboard from Fanime 2008 (not me) but the Danboard from 2009 (me). Find one of these pictures and post the link. [2 pts] [one entry per person] [Pics from Aphaestus's Deviantart gallery DO NOT COUNT.]

I know of at least one VIDEO which had the costume, taken early Saturday morning last Fanime. Post the link to this video. [5 POINTS] [one entry per person]

Note: I'm not trying to blow my own horn. :P Just trying to offer a question that's somewhat challenging. The grand total of points needs a bit of balancing out so if you're relentless, you just might be able to catch up with TC_X0_Lt_0X. xD

Current tally:
SukebeStudios:1 pt
TC_X0_Lt_0X:10 pts +5 pts [sorry about that] = 15 pts +2 pts [Bonus]
KyuuBob:1 pt
Aphaestus:1 pt
LOVE.SAE: 5 pts

Current tally:
TC_X0_Lt_0X:17 pts +1 pt for Crawdaddy [wasn't what I entirely had in mind]
LOVE.SAE: 7 pts
"Your hair!... She punched the highlights out of your hair!"

LOVE.SAE

TC X0 Lt 0X

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Shionami

Quote from: LOVE.SAE on April 28, 2010, 08:25:48 PM
Cajun Crawfish?

Current tally:
TC_X0_Lt_0X:18 pts
LOVE.SAE: 7 pts +1 pt for being close [You're getting there...]

TC X0 Lt 0X

I guess I'll just throw Gumbo Jumbo out there...

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

LOVE.SAE

Ahh then I will guess Scott's Seafood of San Jose to be safe.

Shionami

Elimeno

Know much about purgatory? It's the world we live in now, and Halloween is the day a damned soul in purgatory can be released into heaven, if he prays hard enough. Say your prayers. - Vincent Volaju

LOVE.SAE

I have two guesses so I will guess SJ Crawfish first.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Did anyone get points for the video yet?

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

TC X0 Lt 0X

And I guess I'll put 'The Boiling Crab' forward.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Shionami

Hey, sorry about not posting the question at 4 PM today. I was a bit tied up in school work. To make up for it, I'm offering bonus points based off of a dice roll for each participant.

Current tally:
SukebeStudios:1 pt +2 pts bonus roll = 3 pts
TC_X0_Lt_0X:18 pts +5 pts for Boiling Crab +4 pts bonus roll +3 pts video = 30 pts
KyuuBob:1 pt +6 pts bonus roll = 7 pts
LOVE.SAE: 8 pts +5 pts bonus roll = 13 pts

At this point in time, there is no point in going on. TC_X0_Lt_0X is our grand champion and wins the Danboard costume. I'm sorry if you did not win and I really would have liked to alter the post times for each day but my workload simply did not give me that opportunity. If any of you wish to build your own box robot in the future and would like a few pointers, I'd be glad to help.
Also, as a consolation, you may post an origami diagram for something and I'll be sure to make it for you and hand it over during Fanime. I'm not an expert but I'll try my best to fold moderately difficult designs and simple designs. Please keep your requests modest.

We have less than a month left so don't feel bad if you did not win because Fanime is almost here!  ;)

LOVE.SAE

Blargh. Oh well ( ; 3 ; )
If I see someone wearing the Danboard cosplay this year, I will assume it is TC_X0_Lt_0X and grab his Danbo head and cry.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: LOVE.SAE on April 29, 2010, 07:41:00 PM
If I see someone wearing the Danboard cosplay this year, I will assume it is TC_X0_Lt_0X and grab his Danbo head and cry.

Excellent I'll have the ladies hanging all over me =D
Damn I'm creepy...

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

LOVE.SAE

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 29, 2010, 07:50:12 PM

Damn I'm creepy...

RAHHHHH ; A ; !!! I WILL DEFINITELY FIND YOU AND GRAB YOUR DANBO HEAD AND SHAKE IT BACK AND FORTH AS YOU WEAR IT. BE READY TO MEET ME.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: LOVE.SAE on April 29, 2010, 11:33:06 PM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 29, 2010, 07:50:12 PM

Damn I'm creepy...

RAHHHHH ; A ; !!! I WILL DEFINITELY FIND YOU AND GRAB YOUR DANBO HEAD AND SHAKE IT BACK AND FORTH AS YOU WEAR IT. BE READY TO MEET ME.

kk

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.