Looking for other cosplayers! See first post for rules in this thread!

Started by BSaphire, March 30, 2010, 10:11:59 AM

How many people do you think attend Fanime over the 4 days of Memorial Weekend?

1,000 - 7,000
0 (0%)
7,001 - 10, 000
0 (0%)
10,001 - 12, 000
0 (0%)
12,001 - 15, 000
0 (0%)
15,001 - 18,000
2 (100%)
18,001 - 20,000
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

BSaphire

This Thread WILL NOT contain Gathering or Event info.

RULES:
#1 Do not organize Gatherings or Events here. They will NOT get listed and I will delete them.
#2 Do not abuse this thread with lots of off topic dribble. I will delete them/lock it.
#3 Use proper posting etiquette when posting here especially. If abused I will delete them/lock it.
#4 Do Not use this thread for meet up/get together that are NOT Cosplay related. There is a section of the forums for that. If abused I will delete them/lock it.
#5 This thread is for cosplayers looking for other cosplayers to hang out with, to take photos with, do something fun with during Fanime only!
I Encourage ALL cosplayers to post what you are cosplaying as over the course of Fanime. This will help those interested in starting a gathering (Thread starter is the Organizer) to know if there are enough (it takes 4) people cosplaying from the subject who would be interested in a gathering.

If you want to start a gathering thread (thus becoming an Organizer) please read posts #2 & #3 first located here:
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,12405.0.html

#6 Make sure you put in a TITLE to your post so people can reference/quote their replies correctly.
#7 This thread is NOT for photographers to make arrangements for photos. I will delete such posts.
#8 Please use your PM for excessive conversations with one another. Use the thread for group updates and be sure to reference the correct post title.
#9 You may use this thread to find other cosplayers for a Masquerade skit. Change Post topic to reflect that you are looking for cospeep for Masq. skit and list your email or have them pm you OFF LIST. Re post if your position (s) get filled.

As you can see if this thread becomes a problem I will shut it down. If everyone behaves it should be a great place to find out who is cosplaying what and to find other people cosplaying similar cosplay. From now on I will move such threads into this thread and those previously started will be locked and referred to this thread.

*Edit* Many Cosplayers know that I have been organizing the gatherings @ Fanime for the last 5 years. I have been a moderator in this forum section since it's creation over a year ago. Posting such specific rules in a thread or even locking sooo many topics is rare but such threads have become excessive.

I like to see gatherings succeed and cosplayers having lots of fun @ Fanime, thus why I do what I do, but with with the excess of threads this forum has become excessively filled with threads that distract or confuse other cosplayers so they can't find the gatherings they would like to attend even with my Gathering/Event URL thread located here:

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,12406.0.html

I just want everyone to be able to find the information they are looking for in the fastest possible way. After all, there are only 59 days till Fanime and deadlines are fast approaching.

Thank you and have fun!
BSaphire
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

Edited first post!

BTW... Cosplays I will be doing are:
Mature ~ KOF, FFVIII ~ Secret :P , and possibly Lolita.
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

Dany

I'll bite and see what happens!  I will assume that if things change we should change our original post and not add (but I could be wrong!)

Friday - Robin Sena - Witch Hunter Robin (tentative)

Saturday Day - Lucy from Lucy, The Daughter of the Devil.
Saturday Evening - Masquerade - vaguely secret

Sunday Day- Miime from Captain Harlock. NOTE: I will most likely stick to well-lit areas, as currently I anticipate my vision being impaired.
Sunday Evening - To Be Determined, will likely either be my Masquerade entry or something I'm trying to find wide-striped fabric for.
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

BSaphire

Quote from: Dany on March 30, 2010, 12:42:55 PM
I'll bite and see what happens!  I will assume that if things change we should change our original post and not add (but I could be wrong!)
Naw.. it is ok to repost should your costume plans change. I understand that. :)

Quote from: Dany on March 30, 2010, 12:42:55 PMFriday - Robin Sena - Witch Hunter Robin (tentative)

Saturday Day - Lucy from Lucy, The Daughter of the Devil.
Saturday Evening - Masquerade - vaguely secret

Sunday Day- Miime from Captain Harlock. NOTE: I will most likely stick to well-lit areas, as currently I anticipate my vision being impaired.
Sunday Evening - To Be Determined, will likely either be my Masquerade entry or something I'm trying to find wide-striped fabric for.
Oh I sure hope you do Robin! I haven't seen a good one in a couple of years so I'm sure your gonna Rock Robin! ") I struggled to find 1" wide Black & White stripped fabric and until Halloween materials came out I had virtually no luck. Found 1/2" Red & White around Valentines Day. Don't know if that helps. :P
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

scenro

Bioshock Cosplay Group Request

For celebrating the highly successful game as well as its sequel Bioshock 2 released this early February, why not create a group for this?

I my self went as a Splicer for Wondercon 2010, and just thought id show some interest in bringing it to Fanime (a traditionally anime convention with video game additives to it).

For the group it is subjective if all characters from either game should be there.
I could suggest
-a big sister
-a little sister
-big daddy
-the character you play in the first one ( easy cause no one knows... black pants white shirt suspenders and weapon?)
-Tenebaum
-Sophia Lamb
-Cohen (everyones gotta love this guy D:)
-Sinclair
-Andre Ryan
-Atlas/Fontaine

and many more

As well as the almighty Splicers.

SPLICERS UNITE!

So of this what im asking is would anyone be interested in this? or even a group of splicers searching around in a band or repeating some of the dialogue said between themselves. :D

"Jesus loves me this I know, for the bible tells me so. Little ones to him belong, they are weak while he is strong."

"Ill wrap you in a sheet!"

"Dont look at me you worthless fool!"

kamisamabunny

hey! i'm doing a narue cosplay this year, wondering if:
1)anyone doing kazu (and wanna hang out?)
2)anyone even recognize the anime i'm talking about?!
3)if there are other cosplayers (or crossplayers, i don't judge!) who want to have a meet up?
All I want is "you", whoever you turn out to be <3

Eboni ninja

I'm looking for an awesome Soul Eater Evans to cosplay with me, and possibly do a photoshoot with on Saturday.
Cosplays for Fanime 2011:

ReixChu

My brother and I are both cosplaying as High Priests from Ragnarok Online. Any RO cosplayers joining? :)
Plus I don't know if the Shugo Chara gathering is happening but I'll be also cosplaying Death Rebel Ikuto (with scythe and violin) on Friday Night and Saturday morning.
Fanime 2011:
Friday:
After School Charisma- Shiro
Vocaloid- Shh
Nico- Sekihan
Saturday:
Shugo Chara- Death Rebel
??- ??(hint: itsa secret)
Karakuri Burst Len
Sunday:
Super sailor moon
Ciel Phantomhive
Touhouvania Remilia
Monday:
DRRR Izaya

SOawesomeness

Just curious as to who you'd all like to see, cosplay-wise, or whatever, at Fanime 2010!

Personally, I'd like to see the Yatta Men again. That was really fun. :D
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

EJAY420

Im dressing as a badie again. Hiroku/Sasori (Naruto Shippuuden). Any other akatsuki's?!
Most Impressive.

NoForests

I'll be going as the parts listed in my signature. Anyone else doing the same titles? I might have an Alice and some more characters for Alice in Wonderland, but would love more. Also, anyone doing Death Note or Pokemon? It'd be great to find an Ash or L. ^_^

LOVE.SAE

I would love to meet up with others who will be cosplaying as Guilty Gear characters and befriend them, I will be cosplaying as Bridget. I will be in his black alternate costume with either a silver wig on Thursday and the rest of the convention, and yes I do plan to wash it every night :3 . Reply here or pm me so we can hang out ( U w U )

kane64

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on April 08, 2010, 11:48:46 PM
Just curious as to who you'd all like to see, cosplay-wise, or whatever, at Fanime 2010!

You know, I might as well say it, there is no guarantee that the Yatta men will appear... but I also can't deny that they won't be around...

If more people make the request, I can try and locate them and make a more personal request to them?
"I'm addicted to Star Trek
"I'm a Klingon speaking federation freak
"I find I'm more inclined
"To spend the bulk of my time
"On the starship Enterprise
"Than talking to girls I meet"
-Deaf Pedestrians

sadistic-otaku

I'll be going as Ezio (v. altair armor) from Assassin's Creed 2 over the weekend. Any other assassins creed cosplayers want to walk around? 

QMagumi

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on April 08, 2010, 11:48:46 PM

Glad to see someone enjoyed our whole Yatta thing. lol

isang

hello everyone!
i am going to cosplay for the first time as Asuka Langley. i hope to meet up with other NGE cosplayers so we can take pictures at least?
particularly looking for a Rei Ayanami in her school uniform  ;)
oh well, thank you!

zslick

anyone down to do an x-men gathering i would be dressed as beast in a suit. That means you wouldn't have to dress in x-men costumes but as in x-men in regular clothes. If anyone is available and down to do this just let me know so i could know how many crossplayers are goin to do this!

Wolverine:
Cyclops:
Jean:
Pro-x:
Beast: Zslick
Night Crawler:
Rogue:
Gambit:
Emma frost:
any other x-men I did not listed let me know.

RyuSan777

Hey I'm going to cosplay as Rin Tsuchimi from Shuffle! And was wondering if anyone out there still cosplays Shuffle! Or is willing to come out of retirement for a day to either snap a photo with me hang out or even do a gathering! Trying to find if it is a dead series these days?
Fanime Cosplays
Day 1: Ootori Kyoya- Ouran HS Host Club,
Tsuchimi Rin-Shuffle!,Kiryu Zero-Vampire Knights
Day 2:Hitsugaya Toushiro *Bankai Form*- Bleach
Death the kid-Soul Eater, Zero-Code Geass
Day 3:Philipenes-Hetalia
Day 4:Kyon- The Meloncholy

k.worthley

I will be going as Riza Hawkeye (mini skirt version), Sailor Jupiter, and Lightning, as well as drsesing in Lolita at times. I'd love to take pics with anyone, so let's do it! This is my first time cosplaying, so I hope all goes well~
Preparing for Fanime 2011!!!
Cosplay ideas- Miwako (Paradise Kiss), Shizuma (Strawberry Panic)

Avairrianna

Avairrianna here and here's my list:

Thursday: Burt Pyro from TF2
Friday: Fio Germi from Metal Slug series, and King of Fighters
Saturday: Gaia-Tan from GaiaOnline
Sunday: Pyro from TF2
Monday: Zoey from Left 4 Dead

BlueAssassin my bf:

Thursday: Masked Engineer from TF2
Friday: Clark Steel from Metal Slug and KOF
Saturday:.....?
Sunday:Engineer from TF2