places to buy food.

Started by Konekogami, March 30, 2010, 01:01:06 PM

Konekogami

So, there are plenty of suggestions on where to go to eat out.  But I was wondering, are there any places in the area to buy groceries?  I'll be flying in from out of State, so I'd rather do some shopping when I get to San Jose.  I'm not looking for anything major, just some simple things like cup o noodles, perhaps a loaf of bread and jar of peanut butter.  Non perishable stuff that can be kept in my hotel room so I don't spend too much money eating out.

Thank you!

Menchi

There's a Safeway within easy walking distance of the convention center.  A Safeway is chain of grocery store, for those that don't have them.

Map/Directions here.

Konekogami

Quote from: Menchi on March 30, 2010, 01:04:52 PM
There's a Safeway within easy walking distance of the convention center.  A Safeway is chain of grocery store, for those that don't have them.

Map/Directions here.

Thank you so much!

heeroyuy135

There are also two Food Maxx stores in the San Jose area within driving distance - one on Meridian and Parkmoor off the 280 & one on Tully and Quimby near the Eastridge Center. Both are open 24 hours.

Wild Dog

So the market is just a condensed Safeway, do they carry all the normal items, or is the selection more like convenience store with a produce and meat section?

otakuya

The Market is a Safeway with all of the basic grocery items, but over 1/2 the store is the "deli" section, with bakery, soups, sandwiches, sushi, and other hot food, more than a normal Safeway store.
However, The Market is not 24 hours. The Safeway on Race & Meridian Streets is 24 hours.

milkychu

can we bring food in our backpacks?
♥ FANIME 2010 PICTURES ♥
http://artemis6.deviantart.com/•
♥FANIME Lolita PANEL♥
http://www.youtube.com/user/connie4790◘

Shionami

If you take the Alum Rock/Mountain View light rail down to the Japantown/Ayer station and head onto Jackson, there's a Japanese grocery store three or four blocks down called Nijiya. They also sell some pretty cheap bento lunches.
"Your hair!... She punched the highlights out of your hair!"

Jerry

Quote from: milkychu on May 02, 2010, 11:56:37 PM

overall around some to most of the areas around the convention is - YES
your free to carry most personal items with you while you wander around the convention grounds.

However- there are specific venues such as the Fanime Dance, Civic Auditorium, and some other areas that might require some discretion or cleanliness.

also please do not give out random food to non-friends or set up "Free food" tables at the covnention.
that is a major No-No 

otherwise feel free to pack goodies on your personal backpacks.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Raydere

Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

Foxberry

Quote from: Jerry on May 04, 2010, 08:40:44 AM
Quote from: milkychu on May 02, 2010, 11:56:37 PM

overall around some to most of the areas around the convention is - YES
your free to carry most personal items with you while you wander around the convention grounds.

However- there are specific venues such as the Fanime Dance, Civic Auditorium, and some other areas that might require some discretion or cleanliness.

also please do not give out random food to non-friends or set up "Free food" tables at the covnention.
that is a major No-No 

otherwise feel free to pack goodies on your personal backpacks.

That's good to hear; especially due to the fact that Animazement doesn't allow any food to be brought into the convention center back in NC.

Nephilim

My messenger bag can keep drinks very cold for long periods of time. Just thought I'd let you know. :3

"Frah muja lycd sa uid, ed fyc lniamdo fru duug bedo uh sa..."