Fanime eGaming 2010: Console and PC Gaming Events

Started by xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi), April 09, 2010, 02:55:16 AM

Virtual Boy

For Tetris, you do not have to bring your own game... obviously you have to bring your own system though... lol... but no game.

Xepherian

Quote from: Virtual Boy on April 29, 2010, 12:36:26 AM
For Tetris, you do not have to bring your own game... obviously you have to bring your own system though... lol... but no game.

sweet. i'm totally in. :D

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi) on April 28, 2010, 12:27:09 AM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 27, 2010, 11:10:04 PM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 25, 2010, 12:39:34 PM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 09, 2010, 08:29:50 PM
A Halo3 4v4?
A 2v2 would have probably been a better idea but whatever.

So just a few questions:
1)Is it going to be MLG Gametypes? For the love of god you better have MLG Gametypes...
2)How many screens/360s will there be? It will be horrible if we have each team split screening on a single 360.

I don't know If I will go it depends on who is playing at MusicFest on Friday, but I might as well find out and see if I want to actually gather myself a team.

Still waiting on Bold.

And waiting...

We'll get the rulesets for Halo 3 soon.  Our sincere apologies for not having them up yet.  :P

It's all good.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Virtual Boy

Quote from: Xepherian on April 29, 2010, 12:16:44 PM
Quote from: Virtual Boy on April 29, 2010, 12:36:26 AM

sweet. i'm totally in. :D
Awesome!

You know, deep down inside, as much as I say I want to avoid it, I really want to make it a four way battle in the first round. Just to see the chaos that would happen between the players. Lol. The only way I can see it happening is if there was 24+ players though. Hopefully, a lot of people join in.

As for SMB Speed Run, as long as at least four people compete... I'm happy. Lol.

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 29, 2010, 06:18:48 PM
A Halo3 4v4?

So just a few questions:
1)Is it going to be MLG Gametypes? For the love of god you better have MLG Gametypes...
2)How many screens/360s will there be? It will be horrible if we have each team split screening on a single 360.

I don't know If I will go it depends on who is playing at MusicFest on Friday, but I might as well find out and see if I want to actually gather myself a team.

Still waiting on Bold.

And waiting...

We'll get the rulesets for Halo 3 soon.  Our sincere apologies for not having them up yet.  :P

It's all good.

OK.

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,12036.0.html

Just got a hold of the tournament organizer for this.  Though this is the 2009 format, I was informed the same format will be used with potential updates.  Stay tuned.
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi) on April 30, 2010, 08:53:41 PM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 29, 2010, 06:18:48 PM
A Halo3 4v4?

So just a few questions:

Still waiting on Bold.

And waiting...

It's all good.

OK.

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,12036.0.html

Just got a hold of the tournament organizer for this.  Though this is the 2009 format, I was informed the same format will be used with potential updates.  Stay tuned.

Hey look those rules/settings I helped make...

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Melandu

Super Street Fighter IV - Playstation 3

Single Elimination
2/3 Rounds
2/3 Games
3/5 Games for Grand Finals

When playing a set, winner must stay as the same character, loser may change.
Please sit on the according side you are playing on i.e. if you are 1p, sit on the left.
There will be a 128 player cap so sign up early on Saturday.

If you BYOS/BYOC, please be responsible for it.
Controllers will be provided but not sticks.

Reiya2DX

DJ Hero (EXPERT) - PlayStation 3

Rules:

- Single elimination
- Best 2/3 mixes - Highest score!
- Euphoria may be used at any time
- Grand finals will consist up to 8 mixes (4 songs per player)

The following DLC packs will be selectable along with the on-disc mixes:

(1) Extended Mix Pack 01
(2) David Guetta Mix Pack 01
(3) Jay-Z vs. Eminem Mix Pack
(4) Domination Pack

DDRMAX2: Dance Dance Revolution Freestyle - PlayStation 2 w/ hard pads

The exhibition will start at 9PM right after the Perfect Attack tournament

This is NOT a contest! I've dedicated this exhibition to somewhat revive the DDR freestyle scene!

Anyone is welcomed to freestyle! You do not need a routine to participate :)

Edit data is permitted

Virtual Boy

Ok. I just timed myself on SMB1. I didn't realize it took me 9 minutes to beat the game... maybe I was too rusty... so I changed the finals time limit from 10 minutes to 15. Should be more than enough.  :D

CGC Grayfox

Hello! this is Chris Solis and we talked about Smash Brothers for Fanime. Here is what I can provide.

5 Wii's ( Cables and SSBB Games included)
2 TV's ( 1 CRT , 1 Flat Screen)
Event Management: Call matches and making sure the tournament runs smoothly. I need my crew with me though. We have ran many tournaments for many games especially SSBB.
How many other set ups will be provided by everyone else?

I hear we are running to SSBB events here is what I recommend for the game types.

1 v 1 tournament settings using MLG's game types ( best 2 of 3 single elimination)
2 v 2 items Items (Med) ( 1 game rounds single elimination)

In free for all there's always a camper and sadly he will win. That isn't fun but to keep the casual crowd happy we can have them enter as teams in an Items event. That way we eliminate camping and can still have an out of box Smash Brothers event! In the 2 v 2 I still recommend limiting the stages but more liberally. All legal stages should be on random and the random button should be used to select the stage. This way we get the chaotic Smash experience, eliminate counter picking for the casuals and still don't give player the opportunity to camp using stage glitches and large spaces. All rules in detail below.

NOTES:
- Turning off some items is a mistake because it affects how often other items come out, such as the smash ball. It's best to have them all on or all off for the best experience.
- 2 v 2 items instead of Free for All encourages teamwork and remains appealing to everyone while eliminating camping. I believe it the best causal format! My stage suggestion is up for debate.
- Items on High spawns to many smash balls. It makes the game about getting the smash ball and not about cleverly using the other items! I want to see all items used well so I recommend Med spawn rate. Basically how the game assumes how it will be played!

1v1 Settings

Rules = Stock
Stock = 3
Timer = 8 Minutes
Items = Off & None

Starter Stages

Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counter-Pick Stages

Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

-------------------------------------------------

2v2 Settings Items Settings

Rules = Stock
Stock = 5
Timer = 8 Minutes
Items = On and Medium all items
Team Attack = On

These Stages on Random or all stages. Really your guys' call

Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

amaya_JDB

Open question to anyone (it's gonna sound stupid):

Haven't played DDR for 3 months due to broken toe. Should I still participate in the tourney even if I make a fool out of myself? With skirt and loafers too (cosplay)?
Occupation: Musician/singer/nurse/student/cashier/cosplayer/otaku/poet/writer/cook/lover/gamer/artist/maniac/woman/foodie/DDRist
In other words, I'm one busy mofo!

Fanime 2012 Cosplays:
Kagome (Inuyasha) <all weekend>

Reiya2DX

Quote from: amaya_JDB on May 07, 2010, 11:11:31 AM

Haven't played DDR for 3 months due to broken toe. Should I still participate in the tourney even if I make a fool out of myself? With skirt and loafers too (cosplay)?

Yes, you should! :D

Everyone has their own way of playing, so no need to feel as if you're going to make a fool out of yourself. It's just for fun!

I've been in the DDR tournament scene for quite a while, and yes, I felt as if I could have done better. The point is to have fun, meet new people and get more experience in the game in general. I'd have to say the NorCal DDR scene (or what's left of it) has some pretty chill peeps.

I ended up placing 2nd place at last years Fanime tournament, lol.

amaya_JDB

Quote from: Reiya2DX on May 07, 2010, 05:48:38 PM

Everyone has their own way of playing, so no need to feel as if you're going to make a fool out of yourself. It's just for fun!

I've been in the DDR tournament scene for quite a while, and yes, I felt as if I could have done better. The point is to have fun, meet new people and get more experience in the game in general. I'd have to say the NorCal DDR scene (or what's left of it) has some pretty chill peeps.

I've never been to a DDR tourney, but I've always heard that everyone is uber competitive so I didn't know if I was gonna get laughed at -.-

But if you say everyone is pretty cool and chill with it, I guess I'll participate.
Occupation: Musician/singer/nurse/student/cashier/cosplayer/otaku/poet/writer/cook/lover/gamer/artist/maniac/woman/foodie/DDRist

Fanime 2012 Cosplays:

Virtual Boy

Yeah, man. Its all about the experience and the community. In fact, a lot of the competitors are willing to help out when in comes to advice and tips in a lot of competitions that I've seen whether it's gaming or dancing or whatever. They support their kind so there's really nothing to be afraid of.  :)

JTchinoy

Quote from: CGC Grayfox on May 05, 2010, 11:58:39 AM
Hello! this is Chris Solis and we talked about Smash Brothers for Fanime. Here is what I can provide.

5 Wii's ( Cables and SSBB Games included)
2 TV's ( 1 CRT , 1 Flat Screen)
Event Management: Call matches and making sure the tournament runs smoothly. I need my crew with me though. We have ran many tournaments for many games especially SSBB.
How many other set ups will be provided by everyone else?

I hear we are running to SSBB events here is what I recommend for the game types.

1 v 1 tournament settings using MLG's game types ( best 2 of 3 single elimination)
2 v 2 items Items (Med) ( 1 game rounds single elimination)

In free for all there's always a camper and sadly he will win. That isn't fun but to keep the casual crowd happy we can have them enter as teams in an Items event. That way we eliminate camping and can still have an out of box Smash Brothers event! In the 2 v 2 I still recommend limiting the stages but more liberally. All legal stages should be on random and the random button should be used to select the stage. This way we get the chaotic Smash experience, eliminate counter picking for the casuals and still don't give player the opportunity to camp using stage glitches and large spaces. All rules in detail below.

NOTES:
- Turning off some items is a mistake because it affects how often other items come out, such as the smash ball. It's best to have them all on or all off for the best experience.
- 2 v 2 items instead of Free for All encourages teamwork and remains appealing to everyone while eliminating camping. I believe it the best causal format! My stage suggestion is up for debate.
- Items on High spawns to many smash balls. It makes the game about getting the smash ball and not about cleverly using the other items! I want to see all items used well so I recommend Med spawn rate. Basically how the game assumes how it will be played!

1v1 Settings

Rules = Stock
Stock = 3
Timer = 8 Minutes
Items = Off & None

Starter Stages

Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counter-Pick Stages

Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

-------------------------------------------------

2v2 Settings Items Settings

Rules = Stock
Stock = 5
Timer = 8 Minutes
Items = On and Medium all items
Team Attack = On

These Stages on Random or all stages. Really your guys' call

Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

hello chris,
yes we're holding 2 events, but 1 of them is not for the competitive gamer.  We have a standard 1v1 tournament, where you'll have to talk to the organizers of that tournament about rules and a 4 way free-for-all tournament that's designed to ruin any notion of fairness and serious competition.  I posted up the rules for the free for all already, so I'd like to keep that tournament as is.
I do, however, support the idea of converting the 1v1 tournament to MLG format to prepare people for the coming events, like the one in Ohio the weekend after Fanime.
I'd like to hear more than mewtwoking all day at the next MLG event, thanks.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Reiya2DX

Quote from: amaya_JDB on May 08, 2010, 02:24:20 PM

I've never been to a DDR tourney, but I've always heard that everyone is uber competitive so I didn't know if I was gonna get laughed at -.-

But if you say everyone is pretty cool and chill with it, I guess I'll participate.

Of course it has it's competitive edge... It's a tournament! But overall we're all there to have fun.

Even if you do get laughed at, laugh back. No need to be down on people's immaturity. ;)

I'm glad your participating. Feel free to come have a chat with me during the tournament! It's always good to meet a fellow DDR'er, lol.

Xepherian

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 30, 2010, 08:59:19 PM

I hope Sandbox is included this time.

Plagosus

"the enemy of my enemy dies next"
Fanime(2010) egaming Staff

amaya_JDB

Quote from: Reiya2DX on May 10, 2010, 03:30:28 AM
Quote from: amaya_JDB on May 08, 2010, 02:24:20 PM

Of course it has it's competitive edge... It's a tournament! But overall we're all there to have fun.

Even if you do get laughed at, laugh back. No need to be down on people's immaturity. ;)

I'm glad your participating. Feel free to come have a chat with me during the tournament! It's always good to meet a fellow DDR'er, lol.
Well, I know that people have to be competitive because, you're right, it's a tourney. But I'm talking about the people who can't do every well and start cussing and throwing a fit all over the place, and laugh at people who are new to the game, etc etc. I really don't like those types of people >.>

Are you cosplaying at all? I won't know who you are ^^;;;;

Fanime 2012 Cosplays:

Xepherian

Quote from: Plagosus on May 10, 2010, 01:20:56 PM
Quote from: Xepherian on May 10, 2010, 12:19:10 PM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 30, 2010, 08:59:19 PM

I hope Sandbox is included this time.

You mean sandtrap?

No, Sandtarp.

& ICE CREAM MAN on Skycastle.