Fanime eGaming 2010: Console and PC Gaming Events

Started by xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi), April 09, 2010, 02:55:16 AM

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Xepherian on May 11, 2010, 12:14:35 AM
Quote from: Plagosus on May 10, 2010, 01:20:56 PM
Quote from: Xepherian on May 10, 2010, 12:19:10 PM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 30, 2010, 08:59:19 PM
Hey look those rules/settings I helped make...

I hope Sandbox is included this time.

You mean sandtrap?

No, Sandtarp.

& ICE CREAM MAN on Skycastle.

SANDTARP!?!
WTF.

You clearly have never seen competitive Halo3 have you...

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

bahamutknightzero

*Takes a moment to scream in frustration that the Super SF4 tourney being at the same time as Masq, thus being unable to compete*

Sorry for the dramatics, needed to let that out. Oh well at missing the one tourney I had interest in playing in.

KoruKinshi

Hey everyone.

I'm looking for someone by the name of jtchinoy to discuss a proposition with him.  For a little background info, I ran the game room at Anime Los Angeles from '06-'09, then moved to run the game room at Anime Conji this year, and am currently in charge of it.

I've received numerous request from the attendees of the game rooms that I've run, as well as friends, to run a personal Tatsunoko vs. Capcom tournament at Fanime.  I know Fanime's planning to run one of their own, but the requests are for one ran by me outside of Fanime's events.  I'm planning on giving out a total of anywhere between $125-$200 in prizes with a meager entry fee of $2.  Anyone can enter it.

What I need to ask him is if it's possible to borrow 2 stations for about 2-3 hours tops to run this tournament.  I have all my equipment, namely Wiis and sticks, as well as tournament software.  None of this equipment would be liable to Fanime, however I have no intention of donating it for use after the tournament.  If borrowing 2 stations is not doable, then I have to figure out something else.  Hopefully that would be acceptable.

If anyone can give me a hand in finding this person, I'd really appreciate it. :)

TC X0 Lt 0X

JT is on the forums quite a bit so there should be no worries finding him here. He will probably notice your post soon enough.

Though I doubt you will get access to any equipment =P

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

KoruKinshi

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on May 11, 2010, 10:00:00 PM
JT is on the forums quite a bit so there should be no worries finding him here. He will probably notice your post soon enough.

Like I said, I don't need equipment.  I just need 2 stations worth of TVs and space.  If worse comes to worse, I'll just bring my own TVs, but it would be a lot more feasible to use 2 available TVs for a short period of time.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: KoruKinshi on May 11, 2010, 10:33:39 PM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on May 11, 2010, 10:00:00 PM

Like I said, I don't need equipment.  I just need 2 stations worth of TVs and space.  If worse comes to worse, I'll just bring my own TVs, but it would be a lot more feasible to use 2 available TVs for a short period of time.

I meant equipment as in the TVs. The spaces themselves should not be a problem though

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

JTchinoy

hi Kinshi,
We appreciate your interest in running another TvC tournament at Fanime for the fans.  Unfortunately, Fanime is an organization and we can't allow entrance fees at any of our tournaments.  All tournaments at Fanime have to have no entrance fees.  Entrance fees for cash prize tournaments can be categorized as gambling, and as such can't be held on the convention grounds.  We have recently turned down the offer to have an SSF4 tournament held with entrance fees as well.  Sorry about that. :(  If the guys running our TvC tournament are open to it you can assist them.

We don't have a problem lending you TVs to play your own games on, as long as you don't hold a tournament with entrance fees.

2 weeks! omg!!! X_x

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

KoruKinshi

Thank you.  I respect your response and appreciate your quick reply.

Plagosus

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on May 11, 2010, 12:40:50 PM

You mean sandtrap?

No, Sandtarp.

SANDTARP!?!
WTF.

Its an inside joke, at least the ice cream man thing is.
"the enemy of my enemy dies next"
Fanime(2010) egaming Staff

Xepherian

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on May 11, 2010, 12:40:50 PM

You mean sandtrap?

No, Sandtarp.

SANDTARP!?!
WTF.

I run SandTarp tournaments all day cuz.
sandtrap ain't nowhere near as hardcore HXC as sandtarp.

amaya_JDB

(Since the red letters suggested I make a new topic instead of going the the main rule topic, I'm here -.-)

I read that no camping is allowed and yet sniper rifles are allowed. Would people just get to one spot and snipe? 'Cause in all technicality you're not camping, you're still fighting and shooting people; you're not staying in one spot not doing anything.
Occupation: Musician/singer/nurse/student/cashier/cosplayer/otaku/poet/writer/cook/lover/gamer/artist/maniac/woman/foodie/DDRist
In other words, I'm one busy mofo!

Fanime 2012 Cosplays:
Kagome (Inuyasha) <all weekend>

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: amaya_JDB on May 12, 2010, 12:04:58 PM
(Since the red letters suggested I make a new topic instead of going the the main rule topic, I'm here -.-)

I read that no camping is allowed and yet sniper rifles are allowed. Would people just get to one spot and snipe? 'Cause in all technicality you're not camping, you're still fighting and shooting people; you're not staying in one spot not doing anything.

Camping is a tricky subject, but it is generally sitting in a single location throughout the game.
It should be noted that Camping is different from Setting up on a location. The latter is about controlling an area are forcing an opponents into it for your advantage. You will be in general moving in this area, so it is not camping.

Though to be completely honest as long as the gametype is balanced camping is all but impossible for all except superior players, in which case it does not matter if they were camping or not =P

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

amaya_JDB

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on May 12, 2010, 05:08:00 PM

Quote from: amaya_JDB on May 12, 2010, 12:04:58 PM

Camping is a tricky subject, but it is generally sitting in a single location throughout the game.
It should be noted that Camping is different from Setting up on a location. The latter is about controlling an area are forcing an opponents into it for your advantage. You will be in general moving in this area, so it is not camping.

Though to be completely honest as long as the gametype is balanced camping is all but impossible for all except superior players, in which case it does not matter if they were camping or not =P

The games sounds like sniper heaven to me then >.>
Occupation: Musician/singer/nurse/student/cashier/cosplayer/otaku/poet/writer/cook/lover/gamer/artist/maniac/woman/foodie/DDRist

Fanime 2012 Cosplays:

JTchinoy

completely off subject, but i really feel like those visual kei people in amaya's sig are a series of super bad guys from an anime or a final fantasy game.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Plagosus

Quote from: JTchinoy on May 13, 2010, 01:33:26 AM
completely off subject, but i really feel like those visual kei people in amaya's sig are a series of super bad guys from an anime or a final fantasy game.

Every time I look at it they remind me of people cosplaying as Marilyn Manson lol (Off subject too sorry)
"the enemy of my enemy dies next"
Fanime(2010) egaming Staff

amaya_JDB

Quote from: JTchinoy on May 13, 2010, 01:33:26 AM

ROFLMAO!!!!!!
><

Fanime 2012 Cosplays:

KusanagiShiro

I saw there's an Super Mario Bros. 1 speedrun tournament this year!

That's a tournament that's right up my alley. I've been playing that game since I was 2 years old. I'm 26 1/2 now, so that means I've got over 24 years worth of experience on this one game. I look forward to this tournament a great deal.

However, I have a prior engagement at the karaoke contest, so I MAY or MAY NOT be entering the speedrun tournament, depending on if I make it to the karaoke finals or not. But should I enter, I believe I may provide a formidable challenge for you all.

flei

M

Quote from: flei on May 13, 2010, 10:19:03 PMNo more blazblue?
There's a rumor that Aksys will be back and showing off Blazblue Continuum Shift... Just like how there was a rumor that Aksys showed up and showed off Blazblue last year. ;)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Reiya2DX

Quote from: amaya_JDB on May 10, 2010, 10:11:40 PM
Quote from: Reiya2DX on May 10, 2010, 03:30:28 AM
Quote from: amaya_JDB on May 08, 2010, 02:24:20 PM
Quote from: Reiya2DX on May 07, 2010, 05:48:38 PM
Quote from: amaya_JDB on May 07, 2010, 11:11:31 AM
Open question to anyone (it's gonna sound stupid):

Haven't played DDR for 3 months due to broken toe. Should I still participate in the tourney even if I make a fool out of myself? With skirt and loafers too (cosplay)?

Yes, you should! :D

Everyone has their own way of playing, so no need to feel as if you're going to make a fool out of yourself. It's just for fun!

I've been in the DDR tournament scene for quite a while, and yes, I felt as if I could have done better. The point is to have fun, meet new people and get more experience in the game in general. I'd have to say the NorCal DDR scene (or what's left of it) has some pretty chill peeps.

I ended up placing 2nd place at last years Fanime tournament, lol.

I've never been to a DDR tourney, but I've always heard that everyone is uber competitive so I didn't know if I was gonna get laughed at -.-

But if you say everyone is pretty cool and chill with it, I guess I'll participate.

Of course it has it's competitive edge... It's a tournament! But overall we're all there to have fun.

Even if you do get laughed at, laugh back. No need to be down on people's immaturity. ;)

I'm glad your participating. Feel free to come have a chat with me during the tournament! It's always good to meet a fellow DDR'er, lol.
Well, I know that people have to be competitive because, you're right, it's a tourney. But I'm talking about the people who can't do every well and start cussing and throwing a fit all over the place, and laugh at people who are new to the game, etc etc. I really don't like those types of people >.>

Are you cosplaying at all? I won't know who you are ^^;;;;

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I doubt the insanity level will get THAT extreme, lol.

No, no cosplay for me this year, but I'll be in a panda hat the day of the tournament. I'll be sure to scream out "WHO'S amaya_JDB!" before the tournament starts. :D

EDIT: Also feel free to enter the DDR freestyle exhibition right after the PA tourny... LOTS AND LOTS OF FUN!!!