Fanime eGaming 2010: Console and PC Gaming Events

Started by xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi), April 09, 2010, 02:55:16 AM

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

FANIMECON'S EGAMING

EVENT SCHEDULE LINE-UP

Click on game (if link is applicable) for the event rules.

FRIDAY

___Time___
__________Game__________
___System___
_Format__
12:00 PM | Street Fighter III: Third Strike | Playstation 2 | 1 Vs. 1
5:00 PM | Halo 3 | XBox360 | 4 Vs. 4
9:00 PM | Super Mario Bros 1 | NES | Speed Run

SATURDAY

___Time___
_______Game________
________System________
____Format____
1:00 PM | DJ Hero | Playstation 3 | 1 Vs. 1 Expert
3:00 PM | Smash Bros Brawl | Wii | 1 Vs. 1 Standard
4:00 PM | Unreal Tournament 3 | PC | 4 Vs. 4
5:00 PM | DDR MAX 2 | Playstation 2 w/ Hard Pads | Perfect Attack
6:00 PM | Super Street Fighter IV | Playstation 3 | 1 Vs. 1
9:00 PM | DDR MAX 2 | Playstation 2 w/ Hard Pads | Freestyle

SUNDAY

___Time___
_________Game_________
___System___
__Format___
12:00 PM | Starcraft | PC | 2 Vs. 2
1:00 PM | Pokemon | Nintendo DS | Double Battle
1:00 PM | Tetris DS | Nintendo DS | 1 Vs. 1
3:00 PM | Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom: UAS | Wii | 1 Vs. 1
3:00 PM | Super Smash Bros. Brawl | Wii | 4-Way FUBAR
5:00 PM | Left 4 Dead 2 | XBox360 | 4 Vs. 4
6:00 PM | Tekken 6 | Playstation 3 | 1 Vs. 1

NOTES

WHILE PC GAMING IS BACK AND IS PART OF EGAMING, PC GAMING HAS ITS OWN THREAD AS WELL!!!  CLICK HERE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION!!

General:

• There will be an info desk that will display eGaming's information, whether it's tournament rules, general rules and guidelines, or other questions about gaming.
  • Bring Your Own Controller Policy: It is highly suggested that you bring your own controller for tournaments.  For Free Play use, we will allow it to a certain extent.
  • Do NOT take equipment that does NOT belong to you!  While FanimeCon supports the fans, we oppose theft.
  • Please treat the equipment with professional respect.
  • If people are waiting to play, please show respect others to play the game too.  The potential exception is if we have a versus-based game available (excluding music games), in which winner can stay and loser gives away his/her spot.
  • You may customize some game options.  However, it isn't recommended.
  • Customizing console settings is strictly prohibited.
  • Attaching non-controller devices like storage devices is strictly prohibited.
  • To respect the arcade's services provided for FanimeCon, we will not provide free gaming for specific games unless it's used for tournaments only (example: Super Street Fighter IV).  See the list of arcades for more details (click here).
  • Arcade Gaming is NOT the same thing as eGaming!!!  Arcade Gaming will have their own help desk booth!!
  • Follow con etiquette!  Yes, this includes showering, brushing your teeth, washing your hands after certain events, and so forth.
  • FOOD, DRINKS, OR ANY LIQUIDS IN BOTTLES WILL NOT BE TOLERATED NEAR EGAMING!!!  We are VERY STRICT on this policy.
  • Announcements will be highly updated on Twitter during con!  Please KEEP UP-TO-DATE OR ELSE YOU'LL MISS OUT!!
  • For more information on the rules, please click on the tournament links above.

Entry Cap information:

• 128 Entrants for most tournaments in single-elimination.
  • 32 Entrants, if double-elimination exists.
  • Specific tournaments or contests DJ Hero are undefined.  Such tournaments have special rulings.  See specific event for details.

Tournament Registration Policies (IMPORTANT!!):

• All tournaments marked with a ??? are TBA.  Stay tuned for more details.
  • Tournament registration for ALL tournaments (EXCEPT BlazBlue, see below) start on Friday @ 10 AM at the eGaming station.
  • All game tournaments are first-come first serve.  Please register early.  We will not be doing pre-registrations!
  • In case specific tournament slots are filled, there will be a reserve list.  While we cannot guarantee a spot, please show up still!
  • Check in begins 1 hour before the tournament and ends 15 minutes before the tournament starts.  You MUST be present at those times, EVEN if you are on the possible waiting list!!  If your name is called and you don't show up, expect to be axed out of the tournament; others on the waiting list WILL replace you.  In other words, if ya snooze, ya lose.
  • Stay in line!  There will be multiple registration staffers to assist you.  You can sign up for more than one tournament.  If you are that hardcore, you can sign up for all the tournaments if you wish, but think carefully.
  • You can only go the line station only once.  Once you register for your tournaments, that's it.  No more going back in line, so think carefully.
  • Don't be a bonehead and simply sign up for every tournament you feel interested in signing up for just to secure a spot and then later NOT show up.  We know who you are, so don't even dare pull that!!!
  • During the tournament, do NOT leave!!!  If it's an emergency such as a potty break or participating in another tournament, LET THE TOURNAMENT ORGANIZER AND STAFFER KNOW.  If you show up late, expect a forfeit.
  • Cutting in line is prohibited.  If you are caught cutting in line, you will be sent to the back of the line.
  • Once you leave the line for any reason, you can't go back to your spot.
  • Signing up other people in tournaments is prohibited.  Singles tournaments are no exceptions at all.  However, team tournaments may be an exception to "signing up other people" rule.  I suspect that everyone in the team show up.  Otherwise, good luck competing against the opposing team for Halo 3 or Left 4 Dead or good luck trying to find a replacement for Rock Band Freestyle.

Specific Games:

• There are 2 types of Super Smash Bros Brawl tournaments: FUBAR (item usage free-for-all) and No-Items (standardized gameplay from the Smash Community).
  • DDR MAX 2 will use RedOctane afterburner hard pads.
  • DDR Freestyle is the only event that is just an exhibition.  It is not a contest.
  • To compete in any handheld event or tournament, you must have your own legit game.  Some games may use only 1 game, but please do not rely on that at all.  Bootlegged ROMs will not be accepted.

If you have any questions, feel free to post.  If it's tournament-related, feel free to post on the appropriate threads or this one or PM the tournament organizers (usually the poster of the rules).  If it's private, please PM Richard (head), me (co-head), JTChinoy (Console Gaming Lead), or Patrick (PC Gaming Lead) and we'll see what we can do.  Thanks.

OTHER LINKS

There will be a couple of changes in the schedule soon.  Please check the thread frequently.  Thanks.
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

Virtual Boy

Tetris DS is 1 vs 1. Unless there's a crap load of players like 32... then it'll be four way prelims. I doubt it'll get to that point though... lol... who knows...

Xepherian

I never saw below about BlazBlue... :(

&I run the L4D2 tournament, finally I can say that. >:D

my parents are so proud.

btw; if you want my ruleset for L4D2 again so the link is clickable, i can send it again.

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: Xepherian on April 09, 2010, 07:22:25 AM
I never saw below about BlazBlue... :(

&I run the L4D2 tournament, finally I can say that. >:D

my parents are so proud.

btw; if you want my ruleset for L4D2 again so the link is clickable, i can send it again.

Send it here.  It will be linkified for index.  ^_^

Avairrianna

Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

TC X0 Lt 0X

A Halo3 4v4?
A 2v2 would have probably been a better idea but whatever.

So just a few questions:
1)Is it going to be MLG Gametypes? For the love of god you better have MLG Gametypes...
2)How many screens/360s will there be? It will be horrible if we have each team split screening on a single 360.

I don't know If I will go it depends on who is playing at MusicFest on Friday, but I might as well find out and see if I want to actually gather myself a team.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Xepherian

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 09, 2010, 08:29:50 PM
2)How many screens/360s will there be? It will be horrible if we have each team split screening on a single 360.

For left4dead2 there will be splitscreened teams two ways, because conjuring up 8 360s, 8 TVs, 8 legal game discs seemed like a little too much. Plus, if we had that much we'd end up having two stations so we could play 64 man instead of 32 man.

Restrictions are a BITCH. I went through a lot to set the tournament up so it could get through because of the miserable failure last year.

&also,
is Stage Zero responsible for the Freestyle Rock Band this year?

ruby19_4

Aww....its on saturday. O Well. thx for the update. U guys have fun.

Mizuki

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

For the record, keep in mind that there are tournaments that are being added to the list soon.  Currently, our staff has been research and analyzing everything to get everything up and running.  If your game is not on the list, that does not mean it won't be in there (or you can continue to bug us on the forum and we'll try to get in the time slots).

Rulesets should be coming soon.  If time issues are too complicated, feel free to discuss that; we may or may not change the times.

Xepherian: Talk to Stage Zero about Rock Band Freestyle.  I can't answer that at the moment.

JTchinoy

Pokemon 2v2 Format rules:
6 pokemon per team
Auto leveled to 50 via flat battle gs cup
item clause
species clause
self-ko clause
sleep clause
Banned pokemon list:
Arceus
Darkrai
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Rayquaza
Groudon
Kyogre
Latios/ Latias with Soul Dew
Lugia
Ho-oh
Mewtwo
Wobbuffet
Wynaut

Tekken 6 rules:
3/5 rounds
2/3 games
double elimination
60 seconds
random stage select
losing player may change character between games
winning player must stick to character
finals will be 3/5 games instead of 2/3

Super Smash Bros. Brawl FUBAR rules:
5 stock
7 minutes
all items on
item drop high
random stage
no seeding
single elimination
4 way matches
If you don't like these rules, you're looking at the wrong tournament.  Go to the 1 v 1 tournament.  This tournament is for chaos and anarchy!! Not everyone is born equal! May the smash ball decide your fate!!

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

ix scientist xi

wow,  the tournament list and schedule looks pretty good this year :).  The only thing I'm concerned about is the Halo 3 date and time.  I told many people about the tournament and they are only going to come on Sunday.  Many of them won't be able to make it on Friday and I'm sure many other people who were notified by their friends would want to play Halo 3 during the weekend, which are the busier days.  After all, Halo 3 is a popular game and if more people come to Fanime on weekends, wouldn't it be a better turnout for a tournament?  

As usual, Fanime is going to be cool ;D but I'm sure many people don't know about the tournament schedule.  Lots of people will be disappointed if they find out that Halo 3 is going to be on Friday rather than the weekend, because I heard that many people just buy Fanime passes for the weekend only, which I heard is prime time for the event.  Halo 3 and Left 4 dead 2 are both really fun games, and I enjoy both  ;).  But I feel that Halo 3 is better for the weekend than left 4 dead 2, due to more people knowing of Halo 3 and it's popularity even today.  I'm not saying cancel the left 4 dead 2 tournament, but switching the times would be good for a lot of people.  

Both tournaments are 4 v 4  at 5:00 pm, and both games are for the x-box 360, so it wouldn't be too hard to just switch the times of Halo 3 to Sunday at 5:00 pm and have left 4 dead 2 on Friday at 5:00 pm.  

I personally love the tournament schedule and the game ideas for this year  :) but I think the Halo 3 tournament will be a lot better if it was during the weekend on Sunday, instead of Friday.  

TC X0 Lt 0X

Well if we get MLG settings then the H3 tourney may be worth going to. Otherwise...

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

TC X0 Lt 0X

A Halo3 4v4?

So just a few questions:
1)Is it going to be MLG Gametypes? For the love of god you better have MLG Gametypes...

I don't know If I will go it depends on who is playing at MusicFest on Friday, but I might as well find out and see if I want to actually gather myself a team.

Still waiting on Bold.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Virtual Boy

Super Mario Bros Speed Run Tournament Rules

General Rules:
1.) In order to enter, one of the E-Gaming Staff members must be present with a stop watch in order to keep time.  (Most likely me, Abe, and possibly Ken-Chan will be in charge of this.)
4.) We will most likely be using the original NES. So get use to the pad while you can!
5.) You cannot bring your own controller. We will have our own for you to use.
7.) Warp zones are legal.
9.) Wall jumps are legal.
8.) Glitches are illegal. This includes pipe glitches and walking through wall glitches.
10.) Power ups can be used.
11.) Killing Bowser with any power up is legal.
12.) Mario legs being invincible during the upward part of his jump is legal. Try to use it to your advantage.
13.) You can use as many lives and game overs as you like as long as you're under the time limit.

Prelims/Entry Qualification Rules:
1.) To qualify for the next round, you must make it from World 1-1 to World 4-1 in two (2) minutes or less. (FYI, the world record is ~1 minute)
1.) You have two chances to reach World 4-1 within the time limit.
2.) If you qualify on your first attempt, you have the option of making a second attempt to improve your time.  Your fastest time may be used to determine competition and play order in the following rounds.  By taking your second chance, you will not jeopardize your position in the next round.
2.) You are only allowed one slot in the following rounds.  If both of your runs qualify, this will not give you two slots in the following rounds.
4.) Any run over two minutes is automatically disqualified. This way people don't spend over five minutes trying to qualify.
3.) If you complete a stage with fireworks at the end, we will not deduct time from the run. So make sure your time does not end in 1, 3, or 6.
5.) Disqualification can happen to one of the runs or both.
6.) Warp zones are legal. So warping at World 1-2 to World 4-1 is okay.
7.) Using pipes are legal. So going into the bonus stage in World 1-1 to the end of World 1-1 is okay. As long as it's not a pipe glitch.
8.) Going on top of the roof in World 1-2 for the entire level is legal.
9.) The stop watch will start at the menu. We will press start and start the time at the in the same moment. During the black screen, that is when we'll hand you the controller.
10.) In order to continue onto the next round, you must have one of the top four times.

Semi-Final Rules:
1.) You and one opponent face off in a speed run battle at the same time on two different systems and tvs.
2.) You have one run to get from World 1-1 to World 8-1.
3.) You can use the warp zones at both World 1-2 and World 4-2.
4.) You cannot use the pipe glitch trick in the middle of World 4-2. You will be disqualified.
5.) You have 5 minutes. If the time ends and no one is at the goal, whoever is closest wins.

Finals:
1.) The final two face off.
2.) You have 15 minutes.
3.) Same rules apply from semi finals.
4.) You must complete the entire game.
5.) World 1-1 to World 8-1 is actually about the same amount of time as World 8-1 to World 8-4 (if you include warp zones), believe it or not.

Timing/Tie Breaker rules:
1.) Times will be minutes, seconds, and then milliseconds. So yes, we are including decimals.
2.) If there is a tie, the two of you will play SMB3 battle mode and the victor will move on.
3.) If only 3 people qualify, whoever had the fastest time will get a by.
4.) If only 2 people qualify, it will go straight into finals.

Tetris DS Tournament

Rules:
You are resposible to bring your own DS.
You are also responsible for taking care of your DS.
One game can actually cover 4 systems. So we shouldn't have a problem with not having enough games.
No time limit.
First player to get 2 wins advances into the next round. Best out of 3. (2/3)
Finals is first to 5. Best out of 9. (5/9)
We will try, 2 player battle unless they're are too many people
If they're too many people, the first round or maybe even the second round also might be 3-4 player battles.
Matches can vary from 2 to 4 players depending on the number of contestants.

Xepherian

Here are my left 4 dead 2 rules.

I put it in it's own topic because it's so fxxxing massive, and I believe the rules may end up being disputed against by some people anyway.

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,13987.0.html

xMaru

Is it possible to switch the Halo 3 schedule from Friday to Sunday? I'm not able to attend at all on Friday and I was really looking forward to that tournament. :\

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 25, 2010, 12:39:34 PM
A Halo3 4v4?

So just a few questions:

Still waiting on Bold.

And waiting...

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 27, 2010, 11:10:04 PM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 25, 2010, 12:39:34 PM
A Halo3 4v4?

So just a few questions:

Still waiting on Bold.

And waiting...

We'll get the rulesets for Halo 3 soon.  Our sincere apologies for not having them up yet.  :P

Xepherian

For the DS tournament, do we have to own the games or can they be run off of download play? o: