Fanime eGaming 2010: Console and PC Gaming Events

Started by xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi), April 09, 2010, 02:55:16 AM

Skyline

Quote from: MPLe on May 14, 2010, 12:30:59 AM
Quote from: flei on May 13, 2010, 10:19:03 PMNo more blazblue?
There's a rumor that Aksys will be back and showing off Blazblue Continuum Shift... Just like how there was a rumor that Aksys showed up and showed off Blazblue last year. ;)

Is there by any chance a rumor that Aksys will be back and showing off DeathSmiles?
FanimeCon: eGaming Staff, 2009-2011
Sac-Anime Summer/Winter: Console Game Room Staff, 2009-2011
SNAFU Con: Console Game Room Co-Director, 2010-2011

Virtual Boy

Quote from: KusanagiShiro on May 13, 2010, 06:51:04 PM
I saw there's an Super Mario Bros. 1 speedrun tournament this year!

That's a tournament that's right up my alley. I've been playing that game since I was 2 years old. I'm 26 1/2 now, so that means I've got over 24 years worth of experience on this one game. I look forward to this tournament a great deal.

However, I have a prior engagement at the karaoke contest, so I MAY or MAY NOT be entering the speedrun tournament, depending on if I make it to the karaoke finals or not. But should I enter, I believe I may provide a formidable challenge for you all.
You got no competition against me, I could only beat the game using Fire Flower. Yeah, I suck... Luckily, I'm one of the hosts. But I hope you can make it!  :D

amaya_JDB

Quote from: Reiya2DX on May 14, 2010, 03:18:24 AM
Quote from: amaya_JDB on May 10, 2010, 10:11:40 PM
Quote from: Reiya2DX on May 10, 2010, 03:30:28 AM
Quote from: amaya_JDB on May 08, 2010, 02:24:20 PM
Quote from: Reiya2DX on May 07, 2010, 05:48:38 PM
Quote from: amaya_JDB on May 07, 2010, 11:11:31 AM
Open question to anyone (it's gonna sound stupid):

Haven't played DDR for 3 months due to broken toe. Should I still participate in the tourney even if I make a fool out of myself? With skirt and loafers too (cosplay)?

Yes, you should! :D

Everyone has their own way of playing, so no need to feel as if you're going to make a fool out of yourself. It's just for fun!

I've been in the DDR tournament scene for quite a while, and yes, I felt as if I could have done better. The point is to have fun, meet new people and get more experience in the game in general. I'd have to say the NorCal DDR scene (or what's left of it) has some pretty chill peeps.

I ended up placing 2nd place at last years Fanime tournament, lol.

I've never been to a DDR tourney, but I've always heard that everyone is uber competitive so I didn't know if I was gonna get laughed at -.-

But if you say everyone is pretty cool and chill with it, I guess I'll participate.

Of course it has it's competitive edge... It's a tournament! But overall we're all there to have fun.

Even if you do get laughed at, laugh back. No need to be down on people's immaturity. ;)

I'm glad your participating. Feel free to come have a chat with me during the tournament! It's always good to meet a fellow DDR'er, lol.
Well, I know that people have to be competitive because, you're right, it's a tourney. But I'm talking about the people who can't do every well and start cussing and throwing a fit all over the place, and laugh at people who are new to the game, etc etc. I really don't like those types of people >.>

Are you cosplaying at all? I won't know who you are ^^;;;;

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I doubt the insanity level will get THAT extreme, lol.

No, no cosplay for me this year, but I'll be in a panda hat the day of the tournament. I'll be sure to scream out "WHO'S amaya_JDB!" before the tournament starts. :D

EDIT: Also feel free to enter the DDR freestyle exhibition right after the PA tourny... LOTS AND LOTS OF FUN!!!

omg, but I can't dance even if my life and everyone else's life depended on it o.O

Oh, does anyone know if bars are allowed? Freestyle or Perfect attack?
Occupation: Musician/singer/nurse/student/cashier/cosplayer/otaku/poet/writer/cook/lover/gamer/artist/maniac/woman/foodie/DDRist
In other words, I'm one busy mofo!

Fanime 2012 Cosplays:
Kagome (Inuyasha) <all weekend>

amaya_JDB

I just read the notice on the first page. So we don't e-mail anyone for registration?

I'm still stuck in '08 rules x.X
Occupation: Musician/singer/nurse/student/cashier/cosplayer/otaku/poet/writer/cook/lover/gamer/artist/maniac/woman/foodie/DDRist
In other words, I'm one busy mofo!

Fanime 2012 Cosplays:
Kagome (Inuyasha) <all weekend>

Reiya2DX

Quote from: amaya_JDB on May 07, 2010, 11:11:31 AM
omg, but I can't dance even if my life and everyone else's life depended on it o.O

Oh, does anyone know if bars are allowed? Freestyle or Perfect attack?

lol

We currently don't have any bars installed in the pads being provided for the tournament. So definitely NOT. I prefer no bar anyway. ;)

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: amaya_JDB on May 14, 2010, 10:51:42 PMI just read the notice on the first page. So we don't e-mail anyone for registration?

Nope.  We no longer do pre-registration and plan on never doing pre-registrations ever again.  Sign-up registrations are all at-con.
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

Virtual Boy

New rule changes for Super Mario Bros. Speed Run.

1.) No time will be deducted for fireworks.
2.) Time will start at menu when the start button is pressed.
3.) Decimals will be kept in and not rounded up. So milliseconds will be involved.

Geez, for a game this old, you wouldn't think it would be so complicated lol. I'm wondering how many people will actually join this tournament... Also, anybody have any suggestions for speed run games in future cons?

Kuposhin

HEY GUYS SORRY I'M LATE :<

I'm finally here to post the rules for Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Singles) and Tatsunoko VS Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles Rules

-Each match is 3 stock, 8 minutes.
-Best 2 out of 3 matches. Grand Finals will be 3 out of 5 matches.
-Single elimination.
-No stalling. This means intentionally running away from your opponent for long periods of time. This also means that chain-grabbing to stall for time are not allowed.
-Meta Knight's Infinite Dimensional Cape is banned.
-If a game ends with Bowser or Ganondorf using a Sacrificial KO (with Flying Slam or Flame Choke respectively) and the game is tied, then any Sudden Death is ignored and the Bowser or Ganondorf player is declared the winner.
-Items are set to OFF and NONE.
-Odd-stage in/Strike Rule: When the match starts each person takes turns picking a neutral stage they don't want the first match to be played on. The neutral stages open to pick are:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

-After you lose the first match: Tell the other player what level you are going to, they can switch characters, then you can switch characters.
-Counter Pick Stages are:

Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium
Luigi's Mansion
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Pokemon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Pirate Ship
Corneria
Brinstar
Distant Planet
Port Town Aero Dive
Norfair
Green Greens
Yoshi's Island (Melee)

-Counter Pick Rule: When picking a counter pick stage, a player may not select a stage that they have already won on in the current set.
-Ties/Timeouts will be decided by:
1. Stock left
2. Percentage left
3. Sudden Death
In that order. If a winner can't be decided by the first method, we move to the second, if that fails, we move to the 3rd.
-Advanced Knockouts: After any player wins their first match in a set they must chose 1 stage from the counter pick or neutral stages. That stage is banned for the remainder of the set.

Tatsunoko VS Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars

-Each game is set to 99 seconds.
-Best 2 out of 3 games.
-Single elimination.
-When playing a set, the winner must stay as the same team while the loser may change.
-Please sit on the according side you are playing on (in other words, if you are 1P, sit on the left, etc.).

For both tournaments, if you bring your own controller, PLEASE be responsible for it. We will provide a controller if you don't have one.

And...that's it. If there are any questions, feel free to ask. :3

PinkHairSasuke

Question, why does the Pokemon Tournament now have the same Auto Level rules as the National Pokemon Tournament? If I remember correctly, it used to be no Auto Level earlier this week.

JTchinoy

Quote from: sasukeuchiha92 on May 18, 2010, 06:34:34 AM
Question, why does the Pokemon Tournament now have the same Auto Level rules as the National Pokemon Tournament? If I remember correctly, it used to be no Auto Level earlier this week.
To make it easier for everyone to access the tournament.  I wasn't aware it was possible to level balance until I went to VGC.  This would've been nice to know when we had the 1v1 tournament last year and 2 people couldn't play because they were still in the 60s.
If you have any objections, let me know.  This shouldn't take from people who've leveled up their pokemon and it should allow people who haven't been able to get much higher than 50 to enter as well.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

abcbadcat

SSFIV tourney will be on PS3? Damn it.

There will be TEs there for use, correct?

There also won't be SSFIV on consoles aside from the tourney? *sigh*

Duralath

Whoops.  I should probably post up something for the 3rd Strike rules...

Okay, let's see.

Double elimination.
Best 2/3 matches.  (Finals may be 3/5 pending time and how much the finalists want to play 3/5).
Winner of match must keep character, can change super art.
Loser may switch character and super art.
Gill is BANNED.  No questions asked.
No handicap pre-match.
Guard Version:  Old (Version A in arcade, unblockables present).

If anyone asks me to ban Chun-Li, I'm going to laugh at you.  I'm going to laugh loudly at you.  And then seed you against a Chun-Li player.

Okay, I won't do any of that, but Chun stays.

Mattison, if there's anything I need to add, let me know.

abcbadcat

JuMpMaaN

I'm new to this so I might sound dumb...but, what are the expected prizes for all of these?  Specifically Halo 3 and DJ Hero

Digitalhikari

Quote from: abcbadcat on May 18, 2010, 11:20:27 PM

As long as we have a few Xbox and games, we will be running it for both systems. 

We will not be providing TE sticks for public use.  You can bring your own stick, or if someone is generous to loan you their stick to use. And I don't believe there would be any reason that we wouldn't have SSF4 running on the consoles during non-toruney times.   

Reiya2DX

Quote from: JuMpMaaN on May 19, 2010, 10:32:38 AM
I'm new to this so I might sound dumb...but, what are the expected prizes for all of these? Specifically Halo 3 and DJ Hero

TBA ;D

Dimensional Drifter

JTchinoy

Read the rules.  It's 2v2 format. ;)
I'm beginning to doubt the idea of 6v6, but we'll just stick with it.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

abcbadcat

Quote from: Digitalhikari on May 19, 2010, 12:57:40 PM
Quote from: abcbadcat on May 18, 2010, 11:20:27 PM

As long as we have a few Xbox and games, we will be running it for both systems. 

We will not be providing TE sticks for public use.  You can bring your own stick, or if someone is generous to loan you their stick to use. And I don't believe there would be any reason that we wouldn't have SSF4 running on the consoles during non-toruney times.   

PLEASE have at least a station or two on 360, I don't have my TE dual modded yet :sigh:

TC X0 Lt 0X

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.