Cosplay Oneesan question

Started by Avairrianna, April 13, 2010, 09:01:36 AM

Avairrianna

Ok, so I read the announcement about the Fantaisies dans le Monde des Rêves event going on at the Fairmont and thought oh wow that's really cool! I went to their website and read everything i could and then it hit me...

Are we REALLY not allowed to go inside if we're in cosplay?! Like, we have to change into street clothes or lolita to GO INSIDE?! Because that's how their website reads.

That seems a bit harsh when they're teaming up with an anime convention where a large percentage of their possible attendees will be, "inappropriate" and "will be asked to change or leave the event."

Just wanted to know if I really was reading that correctly.
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

k.worthley

From what the rules read, that seems to be correct. See, they arent truly a cosplay convention, but more they are a convention focused on Lolita, so cosplay, even though it's called cosplay oneesan, is innappropriate. It's like going to the black and white ball in some really hard core steam punk or rave type clothes. Kinda a bummer, yes, but it's the price to pay for free admission to part of Cosplay Oneesan.
Preparing for Fanime 2011!!!
Cosplay ideas- Miwako (Paradise Kiss), Shizuma (Strawberry Panic)

oneesan inc

Hello,

Oneesan Inc. is actually the official name of the company.  The announcement from FanimeCon currently have some inconsistencies in reflecting our company name.   

To clarify, the questions.   Fantaisies dans le Monde des Rêves actually not convention as one would expect in the formatting similar to say FanimeCon, but rather an event similar to the formatting of a  music concert or a gala party. 

In Fantaisies dans le Monde des Rêves, there are two distinct attractions.  The main event is an independently ticketed event where dress codes are enforce.   In the secondary attraction "Magical Boutique",  FanimeCon membership holders can have access to this attraction, and does not have dress code enforcement.

Also, FanimeCon does not officially provide customer support for our event.  If you have further questions regards to our event, please  write directly to us or post in our forum at http://www.oneesaninc.org/  .  Detailed descriptions , FAQ, and policies can be found there as well. 

Sincerely,

Oneesan Inc.
Oneesan Inc.
Join us at Fantaisies dans le Monde des Rêves! http://www.oneesaninc.org/
Gothic and Lolita Fashion Defined.