Fanime Con 2010 Karaoke Contest Rules

Started by Hank-KKD, April 19, 2010, 01:44:50 AM

Michi

What's the mic situation like? Will they be mics on stands or just a mic we hold? My partner and I need to know as far ahead of time as possible so we can plan our choreography accordingly. :)
~ don't dream it, be it ~

Facebook / Twitter / Tumblr

Hank-KKD

Quote from: Michi on April 27, 2010, 03:01:16 PM
What's the mic situation like? Will they be mics on stands or just a mic we hold? My partner and I need to know as far ahead of time as possible so we can plan our choreography accordingly. :)

We have requested three mics on stands.

Michi

Oh, nice! Thanks for the quick response! Will they be wired?
~ don't dream it, be it ~

Facebook / Twitter / Tumblr

FScarlettHenry

Quote from: GaleWolf on April 27, 2010, 02:23:57 AM
Quote from: FScarlettHenry on April 26, 2010, 07:19:10 PM
Could we possibly sing Vocaloid Songs for the Karaoke Contest?
It would be really cool if we get to use it.

Yes, as long as they are well-known songs and not just something you made yourself using the Vocaloid software.
Mrs. Pumpkin's Comical Dream
Dear
When Love Ends for the First Time
Meltdown
Romeo and Cinderella

Are those eligible?

Maki_Jaganshi

Quick question: Would I be able to play the song on a keyboard of my own as I sing it?
"No matter how much you long for someone, if they're distant enough, there won't be any crazy hopes or broken hearts." --Masaru (Mogura to Taiyou)  

Hank-KKD

Quote from: Maki_Jaganshi on April 27, 2010, 08:10:01 PM
Quick question: Would I be able to play the song on a keyboard of my own as I sing it?

Not in this contest- but you can do it in the Acoustikaraoke contest, which is on Sunday afternoon. See the Acoustikaraoke Rules topic for more info.

Quote from: Michi
Will they be wired?

Most of the time they are wired, but we have been known to receive wireless mics every so often. For now, you should assume wired.

We'll look over that list of Vocaloid songs in the next day or two.

-Hank

FScarlettHenry

Mrs. Pumpkin's Comical Dream
Dear
When Love Ends for the First Time
Meltdown
Romeo and Cinderella

Are these songs eligible to be sung at the contest?
I'm trying to go for Mrs. Pumpkin no Kokkei na Yume.

If we do sing it, can we put in our own things as long as it doesn't mess up the original lyrics? Like add in some narration?

stormsworder

Quote from: Maki_Jaganshi on April 27, 2010, 08:10:01 PM

so no instruments allowed for the main Karaoke contest? how bout if we win? (i dunno about me winning but just wondering)
"You know the closer you get to something, The tougher it is to see it. And I'll never take it for granted. Let's Go."

-From the lyrics of "Closer" by Inoue Joe

heeroyuy135

Quote from: GaleWolf on April 27, 2010, 02:23:57 AM
Quote from: FScarlettHenry on April 26, 2010, 07:19:10 PM
Could we possibly sing Vocaloid Songs for the Karaoke Contest?
It would be really cool if we get to use it.
Yes, as long as they are well-known songs and not just something you made yourself using the Vocaloid software.
inb4 Black Rock Shooter as the #1 most request song

Hank-KKD

Quote from: stormsworder on April 28, 2010, 10:34:50 PM

so no instruments allowed for the main Karaoke contest? how bout if we win? (i dunno about me winning but just wondering)

For the main contest, you can only have an instrument on stage as a prop. But it cannot be your source of music.

Those who want to play an instrument during their performance should sign up for the Acoustikaraoke contest.

FScarlettHenry

So...

Are we allowed to add our own material in the song as long as it doesn't screw up the original lyrics?

Because, I can't help but do some narration!

mlarad

At what time are the sign ups going to open because it says that will be updated by is in 2 days!!!

Hank-KKD

Quote from: FScarlettHenry on April 30, 2010, 04:48:12 PM
So...

Are we allowed to add our own material in the song as long as it doesn't screw up the original lyrics?

Because, I can't help but do some narration!

I guess, but can't guarantee the judges will like it!

SleetArashi

Ok. If I wanted to enter, could I use a song by an artist like "Gackt", in which the song doesn't tie into an anime or video game, but still falls into the category of j-pop/j-rock?

God91125

Question about some songs!

"Way to Fall" from metal Gear Solid 3 by Star Sailor and

"The Messenger" from Final Fantasy Dissidia I'm having trouble telling if those are appropriate for the contest or not. I mean "Way to Fall" I can understand but the other song was specially made for Dissidia. Anyways just trying to clear this up before I decide on my song selection for Fanime >_<

Hank-KKD

Quote from: God91125 on May 01, 2010, 10:49:09 PM
Question about some songs!

"Way to Fall" from metal Gear Solid 3 by Star Sailor and

"The Messenger" from Final Fantasy Dissidia I'm having trouble telling if those are appropriate for the contest or not. I mean "Way to Fall" I can understand but the other song was specially made for Dissidia. Anyways just trying to clear this up before I decide on my song selection for Fanime >_<

"Way to Fall" would not be okay as it was not created originally for the game.

Mrs. Pumpkin's Comical Dream is okay as a song.

We frown on songs by Gackt.

God91125

Alright thank you for the Clarification.

Touya no Miko

One question:

Are English covers for animes, such as the ones dubbed by Funimation, allowed at all?
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

Hank-KKD

Quote from: Touya no Miko on May 05, 2010, 10:18:03 PM
One question:

Are English covers for animes, such as the ones dubbed by Funimation, allowed at all?

Yes

Would this song be alright?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJt-b-NE3Pw

Looks like it's from Final Fantasy IX, should be fine.